BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,681 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. Steenamaroo - Thank you for taking time creating this plugin.
    EL_WAPO - Don't get a gun, im scared you might kill someone.

2. after server restart when i try start botspawn.
    Code:
    00:58 [Error] Failed to initialize plugin 'BotSpawn v1.0.3' (ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to BasePlayer.)
    00:58 [Stacktrace]  at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable (System.Object value, System.Type initialType, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast (System.Object initialValue, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Object value, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    00:58 [Info] Unloaded plugin BotSpawn v1.0.3 by Steenamaroo.
    plugin start working again when delete botspawn data files.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2017
  3. Thank you, Shadow.
    I know what that problem is and am working on the fix right now. :)

Thanks for flagging.

In the mean time, unload/delete data.json/reload will fix.

4. Now we just need an update from DeathNotes to come along ;)

5. Steenamaroo updated BotSpawn with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1501540908][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This post has instructions, if you're keen.

6. Extra animal spawns would be great also.

7. Only tested it 2 places so far, launch site and airfield. Due to the bad physics at the launch site it can be tough fighting the scientists there as out front of the launch site are these "mounds" they tend to walk through and then shoot at players from inside the ground, so they can hit you but you can't return fire.
    At airfield they are quite good, just hope FP soon will fix they seek cover when getting shot at from a far distance.

I have a suggestion, allow player to control the respawn time of the scientists.

8. hello very nice plugin thanks for that and spend time in this plugin, but we also have a PvE server too, and there are Bots invulnerably, we use TruePvE. somebody has an idea how to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
  9. Can you add some function for the bot to fire more distance?

10. Anyway to auto suicide/respawn the bot after X time? Noticed they fall through map occasionally. Like IF bot isn't in combat THEN respawn every X seconds to prevent underworld Scientists occasionally.

Another not so needed (but would be cool) if you could make it so bots don't engage in firefights UNLESS they're attacked and/or if a player is holding a weapon

11. dlmklm, the author would need to modify the PVE plug to allow for that.

Ross, I'm looking into what I can/can't alter right now but I don't think I'll be able to change that.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1501543936][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah, I was thinking about that, although I expect they'll probably handle the terrain better in the very near future.

I'd like to do stuff like that but I'm not sure if the option is there right now.
    Investigating. :)

12. regardless it's a neat plugin! added to my main server

13. It would be nice to do something about that stuff but I'm a relative noob.
    By the time I figure it out (if it's possible) FP will have developed the thing farther. :)

I like that. I'll take a look now. Thanks, Saxxoo.

14. Steenamaroo updated BotSpawn with a new update entry:

15. Hi,help me please. Name not work

Attached Files:

16. Is that DeathNotes?

DeathNotes doesn't know what NPCPlayer is, yet, but I posted an edit to block out reports of NPCPlayer kills/deaths, if you're game.

Instructions are here.

17. Its DeathInfo. And see photo. And its cfg ! Name "Zombie" !
    "Zones": {
    "Airfield": {
    "Activate": true,
    "BotHealth": 100,
    "Bots": 3,
    "Kit": "default",
    "Name": "Zombie",
    "Radius": 200

Attached Files:

18. Great work on this mod thus far!

A suggestion. I see you can specify kits per site. I wonder if you can make an option to spawn the bots using random kits you can specify. This way there is a variance of the kits and it feels more real. For instance, at a site, I can see a couple scientists, but also soldiers.

19. Hi Tunnleram,
    Thanks for the suggestion; I like it!

It's late here but I'll make it the next task tomorrow or next.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1501552868][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh, "Name" refers to the name of the monument. You need to leave that as it was.

I'll post a new version tomorrow with custom names per monument.
    I.E. Airfield Guard - Water Treatment Scientist...whatever.

[DOUBLEPOST=1501553832][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for your patience and feedback, folks. :)
    Should be taking shape a bit better now. ;)

Is anyone still having the no-guns building plan issue?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017