BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,681 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. Can I set "BotHealth" more than 100 to create bosses?

2. Why does the console get so clogged 5 hours after restarting the server? Although it costs a spa maximum 100 to 6 bots. And FPS sags from 300 to 120-150!

(16:24:04) | Finished generating 25 cover points in 0.1015625 seconds

(16:24:11) | Start generating cover points

(16:24:11) | Finished generating 9 cover points in 0.15625 seconds

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
  3. Update your plugin to 1.0.5 mine isn't doing this anymore.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1501575476][/DOUBLEPOST]Not sure if it can be done.

Setting the fire rate of the bots. Shooting once at a player every 30 seconds is too long.
    Ability to name each bot? Also, Including 1 bot per monument as a boss? damage setting to bot might be an alternative to trying to set health higher because of rust limitations on health settings.

Also, Servers using TruePVE, Like myself, aren't able to kill them. Can we get you and the TruePVE dev to figure out something? :)
    @ignignokt84

They don't just stand there any longer, but I'm sure with the development of the plugin that will get better.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
  4. The bots are only single shotting with mp5a5's why is that? They used to sparay

5. They are shooting single shots with everything.
    So the firerate used to be faster ?

6. Can you remove the shots of the bots on the animals thank you

7. @sanchesster - I don't think so, but I could scale the damage down so 100 is mega.

@Meyson - One line would have sufficed. You could just say "100 times" or whatever.
    There's an answer earlier in the thread.

@Krazy J - I'm not sure why people are seeing varying results, to be honest.
    I've done nothing, that I can think of, which should affect fire rate, response time, console spam.
    These things are either out of my control or I've made no attempt to alter them! :p
    On my server they are firing rapidly.

@albator4242 - I'm afraid not (or I don't know how). Facepunch is developing this AI. I'm just letting you see it. ;)
    Bugs and glitches should improve with each update, as they work on it.

1.0.6 en route with custom names per monument.
    There won't be a custom names-per-bot option, I don't think.

8. Steenamaroo updated BotSpawn with a new update entry:

9. Um, your answer does not work, it still spams into the console and sags the FPS
    [DOUBLEPOST=1501591125][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Right now: deleted the date from the folder, with the config and put the updated plugin. I changed everything in the new configuration to true, I restarted the plugin via the console. I wait approximately 10 minutes and he spam and spam in the console.

10. it spams the console with that due to the AI not being completed by Facepunch and is a WIP - stop moaning

Further more, even if you type: spawn scientist in F1 console you still get that spam AND FPS drop - again stop moaning

11. I didn't really give an answer. The AI does that and, right now, I'm not sure if I can prevent it.
    If I can find a way, of course I'll add it. :)

If you're running high pop or a serious server, I'd recommend spawning very few bots or just waiting until it's more developed.

12. Yeah, not sure either. Is there a way that you can give a configurable option to change their fire rate in the .cs ?

Also, I think you unknowingly fixed an issue I had with deathnotes, I saw in RCON that there were errors for OnEntityDeath before.. After the last update you made. 1.0.6, Now Deathnotes calls the bots by name when being killed and no error. So congrats :)

13. Ah, of course! I hadn't considered that but it makes sense.
    Thanks for pointing it out. :)

14. Looks like health is good up to 500.

15. Not sure what happened, but now I can't find the bots :( I'll try updating to this last version and deleting configs.

16. Is there a way to add more inaccuracy to the bots? Or atleast reduce the detection distance of them? As soon as you get spotted you get fucked into oblivion by their aim lmao

17. with default kit they shoot fine but when i make a kit there firing rate goes bad

18. Accuracy might be a thing, in time, but for now I've made their firing range adjustable!
    I also made them ignore animals but the method isn't exactly ideal.
    Stay tuned.

I don't know what's causing this issue but I'm not getting it.
    I have kits with camo clothing and silenced m92, for what that's worth.

19. Can you add something to the mod to allow admins to locate the bots? For instance, either draw them on LustyMap or write words over their heads that you can see anywhere on the map or at the simplest print out coordinates?

This would be helpful to know where they are spawning. Especially for me as I'm having issues. I'm not sure they are out there. I can't find them.

20. I see in my console

(23:20:28) | Failed to create agent because there is no valid NavMesh

Is that the Bot failing to spawn? If so, is this related to my issue? I can't find bots anywhere.