BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,682 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. Anyone.. any idea's why my bots are not attacking?

2. I haven't experienced this. Is it happening at all locations, or one specific location?

3. all... its so crazy, i have used your plugin for a while and never had this happen. I have set "Bots": 10, and as i walk over to the bots they all rush me but one of the 10 will swing and try to kill me. the rest just run over and stand next to me without swinging.

4. Not sure what's going on.
    I just spawned in 10 and they all ran over and started swinging.
    Well, one or two at the back didn't swing 'cos they couldn't physically get close enough...but most of them were swinging.

What happens if you spawn in 10 murderers via console?

5. yes... funny but when I reload the plugin all bots behave fine they attack great!
    But after a few mins they do not attack.

6. This sounds similar to something I had a couple of months ago, are you using the plugin Vanish at all?, I suspected this was interfering with their targeting if you were vanished when they spawned in for example. I never really got to the bottom of it as there were some updates to a variety of plugins after a wipe including Vanish and Botspawn and it seemed to correct itself after that.

7. No I am not using Vanish, But I did a while back.

8. I don't understand whats going on with my server.... A.)Bots wont attack. B)When I walk over to the town (without any weapons Naked) guards attack and kill me.

9. I'd oxide.unload * then bring in Godmode + BotSpawn on their own, to rule out other plugs interfering.
    Also, if your server has any PVE startup parameters, or any parameters, which could be disabled for testing, give that a go.

Keep the unique bot names in /config+/data, so you can be certain you're dealing with a BotSpawn guy.

10. When the bots don't attack you are they standing with their weapons at their sides?, e.g. in a relaxed state?. Unfortunately it's difficult to recreate consistently.

One group are fine as they shoot me but the other group never shoot (excuse the quality, I dropped it just to upload but you can see enough), their kits and profiles are identical (except for position difference).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2018
  11. something new about botspawn at hapisisland ?????

12. Have you ever had this issue in open terrain, or is it always inside/near buildings like in your video?

BotSpawn has never supported anything other than procedural maps; Sorry.

13. oki ;(

14. It only occurs when in a confined space (for us at least), I was just curious if it was similar behaviour to what CrazyCro was experiencing.

15. Open with me, they just do not attack. I can be in the middle of the airfield they all rush me but stand next to me.

I really don't understand, I unloaded every plugin I have, Reloaded BotSpawn and they all attack fine, But after I kill them they come back and don't attack. Players on my server have said the same. So I thought it was only me because I am admin. But no its everyone. Also in a group of 10 bots 8 will not attack 2 will. This suck because I'm trying to make a Zombie Vs Player server.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
  16. How come the murderers don't like using weapons? They all just hug me and then start shooting. Idk if its some config i need to change or the murderers don't work good with gun.

17. I'm not seeing that behaviour, @Dude_98pl
    Just loaded up 1.3.7 with fresh config+data, to be sure, and they were firing at me from maybe 20-30 meters?

Given the chance they will rush you, but they should also be happy to fire at you from close/medium range.

18. I set them up with revolvers but they just don't shoot unless really close to me. I'll try and reinstall the plugin and see if that changes anything. Isn't there a setting to set fire distance for bots that have guns?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
  19. ah ok...Starting to see the problems now.
    My bots always have a close range, and medium range weapon.
    Looks like they sort of suck if they only have close range?

I'll sort it out.
    Thanks for the info.

20. Sorry if I didn't make much sense. Thank you so much