BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,682 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. Perfect sense, thanks!
    I have it fixed now. Will update soon.

@CrazyCro , this might solve your problem too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
  2. Steenamaroo updated BotSpawn with a new update entry:

3. OMG ok now they are killing from 100 feet away! I got Knife throwing Zombies now.

4. Sorry, knife throwing?

That was a quick fix, just to make sure they fire from distance.
    I'll flesh it out a bit when I get some more time.

5. Yes they are killing me from so far away They only have knife as weapon... yet im getting hit and killed from such a far distance.

6. Shit. Wasn't the intention. :p
    Thanks for letting me know.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1532646442][/DOUBLEPOST]My server isn't up but I'm going to PM you a copy, if you don't mind.

7. sure you can
    [DOUBLEPOST=1532646975][/DOUBLEPOST]that fixed the new problem... still now not killing me

8. Steenamaroo updated BotSpawn with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1532647341][/DOUBLEPOST]Sounds like there's something else going on with your setup.
    Have you tried oxide.unload * then load BotSpawn + Godmode to test?
    Do you have any server startup parameters that might be relevant? PVE or anything like that?

9. I think I may have found what my prob was.... I deleted the old config and loaded the newone.... And just activated the bots.
    Before "BotNames": ["ZOMBIE"], NOW "BotNames": [], And now they attack!!!!

10. I doubt the name setting would have anything to do with it but maybe maybe there was some other setting that reverted to default, or was missing?

11. I spoke to soon still dont work
    [DOUBLEPOST=1532650425][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok now this is crazy.... I let 3 bots come near me (they are not killing me) and I tried to use a knife to kill one but hit after hit no damage to them. Then I used a jackhammer to kill same bot and no damage my 2 knifes and jackhammer broke and still didn't kill that one bot.

12. The 1.7.5 patch was really good, worked out just as I asked, Thank You. The mutants now stand there and shoot from a far distance, even with a pipe shotgun. They do pursue me when they don't see me but when I'm out in the open, they all just stand there and shoot me from a distance. Also, crossbows don't work that well with murderers, just found out. I feel like there should be a check where if they have a certain type of weapon, they adjust to the distance of the given weapon in-hand.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2018
  13. is there a way to make it so when a player kills a bot they get money for economy

14. I think the best way is to give them an item not found elsewhere in rust (via kits) then have an item-collection quest with economy reward.
    I don't use any of these myself...Can someone confirm?

I might just add it as a built-in option in future versions. Seems popular.

15. @Steenamaroo for PVE servers its very popular .. it would be really cool to kill the bot then it triggers the 20 credits (or whatever is set in the cfg) as the reward. in the default config for another plugin SkullCrusher uses the economy points. i am checking to see if it will trigger also with your bots. nope does not work.. but his plugin has an economy feature in it.

kill bot get economy credits. that is what i was looking for. and i know alot of PVE servers would like that

16. Enough people have mentioned it so I'll add it as a config option.
    True/false, and amount.
    Thanks.

17. your welcome and thank you for all your hard work your plugin is amazing and adding this will make it even more amazing for PVE servers.

18. did u try this GatherRewards it works fine and it make difference beetwen murderer and scientist

19. but does gatherRewards support the bot system that @Steenamaroo has made because in his config you can also enable murders and scientist and also custom NPC's and i use only custom NPC's ..

Code:
        "Rewards": {
          "Bear": 25.0,
          "Boar": 25.0,
          "Chicken": 25.0,
          "Clan Member": -25.0,
          "Corn": 25.0,
          "Hemp": 25.0,
          "Horse": 25.0,
          "Murderer": 25.0,
          "Mushroom": 25.0,
          "Npcplayertest": 25.0,
          "Ore": 25.0,
          "Player": 0.0,
          "Player's Friend": -25.0,
          "Pumpkin": 25.0,
          "Scientist": 25.0,
          "Stag": 25.0,
          "Stone": 25.0,
          "Wolf": 25.0,
          "Wood": 25.0,
          "Zombie": 25.0

the code shows for NPCPlayerTest i dont know if this will trigger for the BotSpawn. @Steenamaroo

i tested it.. when killing a bot with that other plugin it triggers you have killed scientist and there isn't a way around it from saying scientist. btw @Steenamaroo why do you use the Scientist Entity . and not the Player Entity . i know there is one in there under the /agent/ area.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2018
  20. @Steenamaroo How come the bots with water pipe shotguns shoot from a very long distance and the onces with crossbows come running at me like they have a melee weapon ?