BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,681 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. I was hoping I could get some help with this plugin. I'm trying to spawn 10 murderers at each monument. Nothing really special, just the default ones that can patrol the area. For some reason no matter what I do I cannot get them to spawn in. I found the config folder and opened botspawn.json. From there I set auto spawn to true for each monument along with murderers to true. I saved the file and nothing is spawning in. Is there more I need to change for them to spawn in? Any amount of help would be much appreciated.

2. did you try reloading plugin after saving it?

3. Can there be a setting that will keep the NPCs grouped tighter around the airdrop when parachuting down with it? The chutes that carry the NPCs drift so far away from the drop they are nowhere near it by the time it hits the ground. I want the NPCs to be right there with it when it lands.

Thanks!

4. The minimum you need to do is set autospawn:true, murderer:true, Bots:10, save config, then reload the plugin.

Thanks for the feedback. That's something I've been meaning to tighten up.
    Will try to remember for next time. ;)

5. @Steenamaroo i have had alot of players getting attacked by the bots and the are in peacekeeper mode. the players have weapons in there toolbelt but holding a hammer or an other melee weapon and still getting attacked. then when the bot see's the weapon they stop and run away.
    upload_2018-7-30_22-52-9.png

6. How to set the bot motion speed and the player detection distance?

7. Hi,Dumb question,where do i find the config json file?

8. @rp4k : Are these definitely BotSpawn bots?
    BotSpawn doesn't alter the roadside guys or any others.
    Also, what's your peacekeeper cooldown set to?

@AntolijAM speed isn't an option but aggro distance is for scientists. It's an option per profile.

@hichembenmansour1339 It's in the server/oxide/config folder.
    If you don't have direct access to these folders, you might have to check with your provider.

9. Thanks for the help Steenamaroo! Got it working. I do have one more question though involving kits and NPCs. I keep trying to add a kit to the player bots and I get an error message saying "Error while compiling: BotSpawn.cs(2019,39): error CS0103: The name `kit1' does not exist in the current context" The kit does exist though as I can pull it up in my kit plugin.

kit1 is what I set up in the kits plugin for the NPCs. In botspawn.cs I have the text as this.
    public List<string> Kit = kit1<string>();

10. If you're getting an error like that, it sounds like you have edited the plugin, rather than the config.

Don't edit the .cs file; instead, edit the /oxide/config/PlayerRanks.json

You'll need to undo the changes you made to the .cs, or download a fresh copy.

11. Alright. Undid the changes I made. I went to the config folder for botspawn and opened up botspawn.json. I changed all the monuments to look similar to this. I then re uploaded the json back into the config folder. Nothing spawning in, not even the default npc models.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. You'd have to reload the plugin any time changes are made to the config.
    If you didn't do that, put oxide.reload BotSpawn into console/rcon/F1.

13. @Steenamaroo yes they are all definitely botspawn bots. And cooldown is set to 5secs but I changed it to 0 . And the problem still happens. It only happens when its the first time someone is exploring. They go out with a picaxe or hatchet and the they get shot by the botspawn. Even holding a hammer does it too.

14. Ok, thanks for the info.
    I haven't experienced it but I'll check for sure tomorrow.

I actually spent an annoying amount of time trying to figure out why scientists wouldn't attack murderers earlier, only to realise it was because of peacekeeper! :(

15. Steenmaroo- First off thanks for what you do! I have finally started to experiment with custom locations and spawn to player a little bit and its made the server alot more fun. Doing some custom base builds to let players raid, with some reward, and populated the place with bots.

I have been thinking about the bots that can spawn with an airdrop and I was wondering if there was any way to implement something like a spawn of a group of bots based upon, say a C4 being deployed, or a rocket? or a threshold of a certain number of explosions? It would seem that the noise of an explosion would draw a crowd of zombies in a zombie movie :) Nothing like having some bots spawn as counter raiders :) Or possibly a BOT gun that would spawn a murderer at the location a smoke rocket impacts :)

I realize patch week probably isnt the best time to ask about something like this :)

16. I've been using an older version of BotSpawn for quite a while. Recently, I upgraded to the most updated one and I noticed a radical change in the Scientist behavior.

When first spawned upon plugin load/reload, they are responsive and attack players properly.

After some time passes, upon seeing a player, they "jog backwards" without attacking OR they stand still and don't attack at all for so long that a player can just kill them before they properly aggro. If the player doesn't attack them during this jogging/idle phase, they EVENTUALLY will properly "initialize" and start attacking the player, but it can take as long as 20/30 seconds, more than long enough for players to kill them. I'm using Custom Location Spawns.

This was never an issue in previous updates, by my observation. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2018
  17. Hi @Adun
    Thanks for the info. I've seen this happen a few times although I'm not sure, offhand, what's causing it.
    I'll be sure to find out, though.
    Thanks for the post.

18. This is what I have been dealing with!!

19. Does this work for Hapis Island?

20. I don't believe so, although I can't say I've tried it.