BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,691 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. 13 FPS instead of 250 :(
    pls fix

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2018
  2. I've had zero changes to FPS also. May be because I am just using Hapis, but my bot count is 166.

3. You seem to be running a lot of bots. I have 3-6 per monument.
    Yesterday checked some monuments and at the military tunnel, there are a lot of default blue scientists spawned in the vertical tunnel hole and outside. Didn't see any at junkpiles tho... maybe missed. Because that is where they should have been based on the new update. So maybe there is some kind of conflict and they get spawned where we don't see them... a lot of them. Imagine how many junkpiles there are.

4. I did see a few on junkpiles - it may be worth noting I'm not using any special fixes for scientists and just use Murderers only.

> oxide.version
    Protocol: 2078.160.1
    Build Date: 04/05/2018 15:54:00
    Unity Version: 2017.1.3f1
    Changeset: 26385
    Branch: release
    Oxide.Rust Version: 2.0.3866

Interesting - a couple of versions behind but still works well.

5. Can you all note your oxide versions please?
    No idea if it's relevant but there were two updates yesterday. Best to rule that out.

6. I have 2.0.3866 that I got after yesterdays server update. And I am one of those with no fps problems.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1523023167][/DOUBLEPOST]oxide.version ...just in case.

7. im on 2.0.3871 and my fps is being hammered. for server 260+fps normally its down to 75fps

8. Found few scientists at junkpiles too. So, did Facepunch add them to random monuments too now?
    227 FPS for server...

9. Maybe the convar aimanager.ai_dormant is the cause? The default setting changed from true to false since the last rust update.

Greetings

10. i'm running oxide v. 2.0.3866 ..with BotSpawn loaded server runs at around 14 FPS ..with BotSpawn unloaded it's running at 222 FPS ..i also have the issue where zombies don't chase anyone when they are loaded, but i assume it's something specific about my server now since the update as animals are doing the same, they do attack but they behave as if someone were around in /vanish (which i also have unloaded at the moment)

11. same here, oxide version is:

Protocol: 2078.160.1
    Build Date: 04/05/2018 21:54:00
    Unity Version: 2017.1.3f1
    Changeset: 26385
    Branch: release
    Oxide.Rust Version: 2.0.3871

normal over 260++ FPS but with BotSpawn and around 150 NPC (only murderer) we run now ~120FPS, Facepunch scientists are OFF.

12. ok, 3866 guys, there is an update avialble - 2.0.3871.
    Obviously it's not the cause here, but it does address other issues.

Talking to a two guys in discord who are having big FPS issues but one doesn't use BotSpawn, and the other unloaded it and saw no improvement.

@WesleyEng_com - Are you 100% certain that unloading BotSpawn resolves the FPS issue for you?

I haven't been on a live server yet but off the top of my head try setting NoBotsVBots to false.
    That's the only setting that affects any and all bots - Rust/BotSpawn/OtherPlugins.

I'll get on a server soon and see what I can find out. :)

@Agonos - Last I knew the defaults were
    nav_grid - False
    nav_disable - False
    ai_dormant - True

I run defaults on my server but, as I say, I haven't been on since the update.

Thanks for the reports.

13. Related to plugin features tho.
    https://i.imgur.com/9BfDFQk.png
    That is a scientist in the military tunnel...
    So does the game allow to spawn them underground now? Might be useful for botspawn. I wish I could spawn naked Golum types with a candle on the head in caves. :D

14. I believe Rust does spawn some in the military tunnels but, at preset, BotSpawn just picks a spot on the top surface.
    Even if you create a custom location inside a tunnel, BotSpawn takes a position 100m above that and then looks down to find ground.

Re FPS issues - My server is running with 70 murderers at various locations at approx 180-200FPS.
    There are no players or structures but it's running well so far. Will keep an eye on it.

15. I think the ai_dormant flag is the culprit. My server had it set to true before the update, and the default is now false. Switching the flag back to true makes my server fps jump from 150 to 250...with numbers that high already I figured false was fine :)

16. I appreciate there's not much you can do at present about bots undergraound, but any way to stop them landing on monuments, like the satellite dish?

Also, now the Chinook is in it'd be great to work out what we can do with it - standing around on a PvE server for 15 mins waiting for it to unlock is a bit dull :p

17. yes same here, now i change it to true good job thx :p

is it possible to change the radius up/higher where bots/npc are active?

18. I wonder if it's possible to search from the bottom up for terrain insread of top down?

That said, I kinda like bots ending up on top of buildings myself...

19. As I say, I just run defaults. Just checked and my server is returning
    nav_grid False
    nav_disable False
    ai_dormant False.

After half an hour with 70 bots I'm still getting 180fps.
    No players or structures, though.