BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,691 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. Thank you @flashdim . Glad you're enjoying it. :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1522195462][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think Rust have plans for manning the CH, but certainly the idea of bots at crash sites is cool.
    I'll look into adding that for the heli, and maybe wait to see what happens in Rust regarding the CH.

2. So, not sure if this is a known thing or not.. But my BotSpawn has been broken for months now. Keep getting this message:

Code:
    (22:55:06) | Failed to initialize plugin 'BotSpawn v1.5.2' (ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].)
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable (System.Object value, System.Type initialType, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast (System.Object initialValue, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Object value, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (22:55:06) | ExType: JsonSerializationException
    (22:55:07) | Failed to initialize plugin 'BotSpawn v1.5.2' (ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].)
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable (System.Object value, System.Type initialType, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast (System.Object initialValue, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Object value, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (22:55:07) | Unloaded plugin BotSpawn v1.5.2 by Steenamaroo
    (22:55:07) | No previous version to rollback plugin: BotSpawn
    [DOUBLEPOST=1522335791][/DOUBLEPOST]Just to update, I had to remove both my config/BotSpawn.json AND data/BotSpawn.json.. which kind of sucks.

3. Your kit formatting will have been wrong. The options are stated in the overview.

4. The options were correct in previous versions. The format of the json files seems very fluid. Why don't you do an upgrade? Read in the old format, then convert it. That will fix any wrong options as well...

5. The 'kit' option used to be singular, represented by a single "string",
    whereas now kits is plural and represented by an ["array", "of", "strings"].

Plain "String" format wouldn't have worked since V1.3.8

6. Mine are working very well and am having no problems with assigned kits,
    I find that the majority of bots will attack as soon as you get into their "attack range" and some will even follow you
    for some distance outside their roam range, Still get a few that wont attack until they get very close but overall working great
    Have an enjoyable Easter

7. Bonjour, j'essaye de changer la vitesse de déplacement des bots, car ils courent plus vite que les joueurs, et aussi la distance de détection. Mais je ne peux pas trouver, pourriez-vous m'aider.

Hello, I try to change the speed of movement of the bots, because they run faster than the players, and also the distance of detection. But I can not find, could you help me.

8. Hi,
    There's no option to adjust their speed right now but I'll see if I can do anything with it in future updates.

9. Could always give them walking frames :)

10. OANPCs. Nice. ;)

11. Thank you

12. i haven't played in awhile but after updating everything right now. i keep getting one tapped by all the bots with guns. even with accuracy and damage at 1

13. Is there any way to adjust their "aggro" range?

14. Not at present, no.

15. Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for an awesome plugin! :)

16. Anyone have a problem with the zombie corpse disappearing after only a minute? My players don't even have a chance to loot their bodies after they finish killing a group of zombies.

17. Yeah, I noticed that today.
    Didn't pay any attention because I was doing something else, but I'll certainly look into it.

They still drop backpacks though, right? I presume those are lighter on server resources?

18. They don't even turn into backpacks, the corpse just disappears and yes, the backpacks are better on server resources

19. Do you have backpacks disabled in BotSpawn config?

20. oh wow it was. How did I not notice that. Sorry