BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,693 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. Cai

Cai

thanks man they arent defaults any more but i know the devs were struggling with performance issue with nav_grids so they may have blocked it from being used or the combinations is wrong. Im not sure i just want smarter bots so if i snipe them they move XD. or move already before i see them so when i do they are moving.

2. My size 5000 only has one of each

3. Ok, just checked BotSpawn. It does actually check for mining_quarry_a/b/c,
    so as it stands, right now, a/b/c should correlate with Sulpur/Stone/HQM.

I'll rename them in the next update so it's obvious. In the mean time if anyone can confirm it's working that way, that'd be cool.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1521822500][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Interesting. I just double checked on my server and it seems the defaults are now
    nav_grid : "False"
    nav_disable: "False"
    ai_dormant: "True"

I let my server run defaults so wasn't aware of the change. I'll update the overview/FAQ to reflect.

4. Okay, I'm a bit confused let me just explain what I want and you tell me if I can do that.
    1. I want to create a Custom Spawn Profile with 2 bots spawning there. I want them to attack each other.
    2. I want to have 2 Custom Spawn Profiles decently close to each other; Custom Spawn Profile 1 can ONLY attack Custom Spawn Profile 2 and vise versa.

5. I see. At present there's no provision for that.

If you were to remove the following in it's entirety they might attack each other but, honestly, I'm not certain.
    It just depends on whatever the default behaviour is and I have a feeling the default behaviour for Scientists is to ignore other NPCs.

Code:
    if (entity is NPCPlayer)
    return 0f;

6. Hey Posted Yesterday, Still unable to figure out what I'm doing wrong sorry to be such a noob to server configuring, I will explain the problem again quickly. Whenever a player or myself kills one of the scientists were disconnected from the server with a projectile error, I Removed scientists for the time being but as people flood in they are asking why I didn't use them. I don't know if I'm not using a permission correctly or where to start honestly... Hoping someone had some insight.

7. Hey,
    This is all over the thread, FAQ, overview, and oxide forum.
    It's a known issue with Rust, I'm afraid.

There is a fix plugin posted by K1lly0u (faq+overview) that seems to be working, although I haven't used/tested it personally.

8. Also, this doesn't appear to work with Hapis? Or am I noob .....

9. I've never tested it but I'd assume default monuments probably don't work?
    Can't see any reason you wouldn't be able to create custom locations, though. :)

10. I will try that and let you know, but just so you know I am not using Scientists at all. Only murderers.

11. Sorry for asking likely a dumb question, but am brand new to modding server. Which windows app do i need to save the file to be able to upload it to my mod section or do you also have a steam id for this insanely cool plugin? (again sorry for prob asking a stupid question)

12. Does not work at all. I tried several different combos. The murderers do not attack each other at all :(.

13. Hi Nickelodeon , if you are running a "hosted" server you should have a control panel where your file manager is located. or in the case of multiplay you will have a list of "recommended" plugins which should show updated ones, if you have FTP access you can open your file manager and (in my case) go to Server/Streamline/Oxide/ which will contain 4 folders that you can use, Config,Data,Lang and Plugins, you open the plugin folder and click on upload which will give you an upload /browse option , you browse to where you have downloaded the plugin and open it, and upload it, you should get a "success" message, you then open the config folder and change it to what you want it to do (after reading overview, always read overview) but if you dont have FTP access you will have to rely on server host to get updated plugins (which can be problematical)

14. getting this when restart ;
    [Error] Failed to call hook 'Unload' on plugin 'BotSpawn v1.5.2' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    at NPCPlayerApex.DoServerDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Scientist.DoServerDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseNetworkable.DoEntityDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at BaseNetworkable.Kill (DestroyMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.Wipe () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.Unload () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

15. Ok, that must be default behaviour then. There's no option to force them to attack each other, I'm afraid.
    Default murderers will attack Scientists, I think, and BotSpawn murderers should too with that snippet of code removed, but I think that's about it.

16. What's the difference between Default murderers and BotSpawn murderers? I'm confused now, sorry. I didn't know there was a 'default' I thought they only came from this plugin??

17. They're an entity which exists in Rust - I just spawn them in and change a bunch of settings.
    If you type 'spawn scientist' or 'spawn murderer' into console, you'll get a default scientist/murderer.

Things change but, as far as I know, default murderers attack anything that moves except, maybe, each other?

I've made it so that BotSpawn bots will never attack each other, because it was heavily requested, but Rust spawned murderers (or murderers from any other plugin) won't honour that.
    That's what the NoBotsVBots option is for.

It's the only option in BotSpawn that will affect any and every bot, regardless of where it came from.
    It doesn't give you the option of making X attack Y; It gives you the option of preventing it.

Setting it to 'false' just allows default behaviour; I.E. Does nothing.

18. Okay you said you made it to where BotSpawn bots will never attack each other, would it be possible to reverse this for myself?

EDIT: Also, default murderers and BotSpawn Murderers still don't attack each other.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2018
  19. Sorry, I think it is what it is.

I imagine it's possible to manually assign attack targets but I don't want to go down that road, creating multiple X should attack Y config options.

20. Is it possible to use some commands for bots from the plugin Human NPC. such as the attack distance or the speed of the bot run. Thank you