BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,693 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. Cool. I'll look into the blacklist idea for the next update, but the upside of the long way is that you can make your AK guy more badass in terms of health/accuracy/damage etc, if you want.

2. Oh, I am going to have fun with this. Thank you!

Quick question, if I disable all monument bots in the config and add nothing but custom spawns in the data file, will it effect performance any different as long as I keep the amount of bots to a normal size?

Example: Launchsite has 6 bots. I disable Launchsite in the config, create 6 custom spawns within or around Launchsite with 1 bot per custom profile.
    Will that effect performance since it's a lot of custom profiles?

3. I don't think it should make any measurable difference.
    The big deal for performance would be overall number of bots and, from a player FPS point of view, particularly in one physical area.
    You'd need way more than 6 to have any issues. :)

4. Hey steen, I keep getting this popping up on server restart or plugin reload, any idea whats going on? thanks again for the awesome plugin!
    *also I found that the npcs aren't being wiped on reload (they multiply) so far I have 100+ mean ass npcs running and gunning everything in sight (although the players are loving it) lol

Code:
    (20:03:12) | Failed to call hook 'Unload' on plugin 'BotSpawn v1.5.2' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at NPCPlayerApex.DoServerDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Scientist.DoServerDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BaseNetworkable.DoEntityDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at BaseNetworkable.Kill (DestroyMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.Wipe () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.Unload () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2018
  5. First, the NPCFix plugin works perfect... until the server restarts, then I either have to reload the plugin or players get kicked.

Another issue is that bots clothing and weapons belt are wiped upon death, even though its configured to keep their clothing and weapons belt. They also have the shit Rust loot even though I have it set to false.

I've removed the plugin for now hoping for a fix soon. Shame, this was one of my fav plugins!

6. nope, all bots are set to murderer (with custom kits)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1521577101][/DOUBLEPOST]heres my cfg. and .cs files

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2018
  7. Sending PM.

8. If, for any reason, you have players getting kicked with the RPC message, all bets are off.
    That leaves BotSpawn in a state where it no longer has a record of the bot, yet the bot is still alive; Therefore none of the settings in BotSpawn will govern this bot anymore, and reloading the plugin will not remove him.

I haven't tested K1ll's fix first hand although I've had reports that it's working well.
    If it's not working consistently for you, I'd recommend using Murderers only until the root problem is fixed in Rust.

Edit: I just tested K1ll's fix and restarted the server half way through - I'm still unable to replicate any problems.

9. @Steenamaroo, setting to Murderer seems to work. The only issue that persists is the items on the body once they die.

The Murderers are wearing the correct clothing, they have the correct weapon loadout. On death, they drop the weapon like they should, but on their body the clothing is gone. You used to be able to collect their clothing. In their main inventory, the items I want them to have exist, but the shitty Rust loot is there also.

Code:
    {
      "Options": {
        "Allow_Rust_Loot": false,
        "Animal_Safe": true,
        "APC_Safe": true,
        "Cull_Default_Population": true,
        "Ignore_Animals": true,
        "Ignore_HumanNPC": true,
        "NPC_Retaliate": true,
        "Peace_Keeper": false,
        "Remove_BackPacks": false,
        "Suicide_Timer": 1200,
        "Supply_Enabled": false,
        "Turret_Safe": true,
        "Wipe_Belt": false,
        "Wipe_Clothing": false
      },
    Code:
        "Airfield": {
          "Activate": true,
          "Aggression_Range": 40,
          "Bot_Accuracy": 3,
          "Bot_Damage": 0.25,
          "BotHealth": 100,
          "BotName": "Airfield Security",
          "Bots": 6,
          "Disable_Radio": false,
          "Keep_Default_Loadout": false,
          "Kit": ["policetommy","policep2","policepump"],
          "Murderer": true,
          "Radius": 100,
          "Respawn_Timer": 300,
          "Roam_Range": 50,
          "Weapon_Drop": true
        },

10. Steenamaroo could it be possible to add caves as an optional spawn? :) (I don't mean in them as thats not possible, but around like monuments)

11. I cannot get Murderers to move for the life of me ive set all parameters in FAQ.?

12. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
  13. I'm sure it would be. I'd have to look into it, though. Do you know how many caves might be on a map? Is there a finite range?
    Every config monument has to have a unique name so I have to account for that in the plugin (like QuarryA/B/C for example) but yes, in short, I'm sure I could add that.

At some point I want to add optional use of Spawns.cs for custom monuments.
    I wouldn't remove manual locations or anything.
    It would just be an additional string for spawn file name.
    If there's a name BotSpawn would pull those locations. If not, it'll just spawn randomly around the point of creation, as it does now.

I'm sorry man, I don't think I know anything about this, beyond what's in the FAQ.
    I would say double check navgrid and nav_disable in-game from console, and let rust tell you if they are true or false.
    That rules out duplicate entires in the startup script, or host overrides.

14. I'm not sure how many there are... probably depends on the size of the map... my 5000 size one has 12 that I'm sure of... might be more...

Here's the list of possible ones...
    Code:
    313 - assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/monument/cave/cave_large_hard.prefab
    314 - assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/monument/cave/cave_large_medium.prefab
    315 - assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/monument/cave/cave_large_sewers_hard.prefab
    316 - assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/monument/cave/cave_medium_easy.prefab
    317 - assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/monument/cave/cave_medium_hard.prefab
    318 - assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/monument/cave/cave_medium_medium.prefab
    319 - assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/monument/cave/cave_small_easy.prefab
    320 - assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/monument/cave/cave_small_hard.prefab
    321 - assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/monument/cave/cave_small_medium.prefab

15. Thanks for that.
    It's certainly possible but that's going to be a lot of additional sets in the config.
    Not sure if anyone cares or not but there's quite a lot in there already.

I'm wondering if it'd might be better to just rely on adding custom locations for caves.
    IDK, cast your vote here folks! :)

16. you tell that if we use custom spawns they will automaticaly spawn always over the ground level so maybe as config spawnoverground = true/false and as Addition we can use spawns.cs to setup custom spawns in cave millitary tunnel airfield tunnel and and...

17. I don't think modifying the present spawn approach for underground is a good way to go.
    Something more direct would be needed.
    Spawns.cs would be perfect although time consuming.

Honesty, It's not something I've looked into - There's probably a nice solution already in Rust's code that I could repurpose. ;)

18. How can I span exclusively zombies?
    wie kann ich ausschließlich zombies span ?

19. Set murderer to true in config