BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,693 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. I already tried but it did not work. i just want to run zombies and no normal bots

2. 0-24.

Honestly, that's a lot of extra mess for something that you could use Custom Spawns for really easily. I vote for Custom Spawns for Caves. :)

Still interested in seeing the aggro range return ;) & thanks for teaching me more about custom spawns. I'm putting in very nice progress with this plugin thank you! One question, if I have 3 kits, kitAK47, kitMP5, kitM92 and I have my kits setup like so;
    Code:
    "Kit": ["kitAK47", "kitMP5", "kitMP5", "kitMP5", "kitMP5", "kitM92", "kitM92", "kitM92", "kitM92"],
    Does that make the "kitAK47" more rare? Is there a better way of doing this?

EDIT:
    By the way,
    Code:
    "NoBotsVBots": false,
    does not work for Custom Spawns? Can we make it work for custom spawns? I tried looking through the plugin .cs but, I'm not too experienced with CS, so, yeah I'll leave that to you :)
    It'd be nice if we could choose which custom profiles are agressive towards each other or not. Or maybe they're just aggressive towards other custom spawns? Cool idea. Could have like a constant server war going on hahah.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
  3. I am having issues using custom kits or creating custom spawn points, launched new server and used to work smoothly on old but now I am receiving the following. When I try to use /botspawn move NAME it gives message Unknown command: botspawn. I am thinking I am overlooking something simple, I took a break for a month and maybe I am missing something that happened in the last month? I thought the following error was just from my custom Bots and locations but when I used default with no kit it works, if I use default with custom kits I get this error:

oxide.reload BotSpawn
    ExType: JsonSerializationException
    Failed to initialize plugin 'BotSpawn v1.5.2' (ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].)
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable (System.Object value, System.Type initialType, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in :0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast (System.Object initialValue, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in :0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Object value, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in :0
    Unloaded plugin BotSpawn v1.5.2 by Steenamaroo
    Previous version of plugin failed to load: BotSpawn

[/CODE]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2018
  4. can u post your config, or look self into it and have u write as example this in the kit:

Code:
    "Kit": ["kit1", "kit2","kit3"]
    important is this [ ] and "

5. Is there any chance that the A B C quarries could be actually called "Stone", "HQM" or "Sulfur" quarries or wont the plugin ":know" where they are ? , On this map two of the quarries are in snow country and one in the desert area and i would like to be able to equip the bots with the right colour kit, so "white" for the snow country and "green" or "brown" for the other, It would be too hard to do it for the water wells as there are too many of them (7) or caves (14) ,

6. Is it possible to make the setting that the bots spawned garbage along the roads where there are boxes?

7. They way it works now, no; I don't think so.
    The plug just cycles through existing monuments on your map by prefab name.
    At that stage the plug just assigns a unique name and carries on looking.
    That's why even if there's no quarries on your map, the config still has three quarry entires.
    The same will be true if there are no quarries.
    In the short term I don't think this is something I can add, because it would require an overhaul of how monuments are recorded.

The more I think about it, I think the plugin should autodetect main monuments and stop there.
    If we start getting into caves and trashpiles and different things, it'll be chaos.

What might be possible, on the other hand, is just having custom user locations assignable by map GUI.
    If I could get that going I think it would be a great middle ground.

8. Me too; It's on the list.

Yes, that will lower the probability of getting the AK kit.
    At present, this is the only way to do it, outside of just having separate profiles for different kits and balancing the number of bots in each.

Sorry, not sure I follow. How/when does it not work?

That's the only option in BotSpawn that is global; I.E. It applies to any and all bots on the map regardless of where they came from.
    I didn't want to have options that affect Rust default bots and bots from other plugins but it's sort of necessary for this particular setting.

If it doesn't work, the only thing I can guess is maybe some other plugin is hardcoding contradictory behaviour?
    Alternatively, if you're relying on death notes as your source, it may be that some bots are just falling victim to friendly fire?
    This setting should prevent them from intentionally targeting each other, but they can still get in each other's way.

9. Cai

Cai

///
    Q: My bots disappear or don't move.

A: Ensure that rust, oxide and BotSpawn are up to date.
    Type nav_disable into f1 console and return,
    then type nav_grid the same.

They should return false and true respectively.

If not, you'll need to specify nav_disable false and nav_grid true in your startup config, observing the correct syntax.
    If that's done repeat the first steps. If they return incorrect values, contact your host to see if they are overriding.

Failing all of that, try a different location. Certain terrain still causes issues for bot spawning.

If your bots only move when a player is near them, you will need to follow the same process for ai_dormant - This needs to be false.

It's possible that some belt items and some weapons skins may cause the bots to stop responding.
    Try plain weapons-only in the belt to troubleshoot.

It also seems like a workaround in Vanish plugin causes all AI to freeze.
    Try un-vanishing to rule that out.
    ///

Ref to this i set my vars to nav_disable false nav_grid true ai_dormant false. then nothing moved just walked in place i set nav_grid back to false and everything works, but half the time nothing moves half the time they do. Although alot of time if they dont see you and you shoot them they dont move either.

10. The A: opens with confirming the status of those two settings. Did you do that?
    Hosts can, and sometimes do, override so what you typed may not be what is set.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1521753125][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Actually, let me double check that - It may be in the prefab name. Not certain.

11. It hasn't worked at all for me. I only have 4 plugins total so another plugin isn't messing with it. Let me play with it for a little and I'll get back to you soon.

EDIT: I couldn't get it to work with Custom Spawns or the normal config file. So, I tried to completely remove the plugin and try again but I couldn't get it to work at all? The bots just ignore each other completely.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2018
  12. Hey Currently using the plugin to add zombies to the server was using it for scientists as well but I kept getting an error whenever someone killed one of them, I wanted to ask if this was a problem that I caused in the config or maybe something to do with the update today? thanks in advance.

13. Oh, ok. I see.
    Disabling the setting doesn't mean all bots will attack all bots.
    I can't remember for certain but I think Rust Scientists are passive to all other bots by default whereas Rust murderers will attack anything that moves.
    BotSpawn murderers and scientists won't attack each other regardless so, basically, that setting is to prevent Rust murderers engaging with other bots, if that's what you want.

14. I have found that since the addition of no botvbot the murderers from Radtown animal spawns do not attack Botspawn bots and vice versa they will ignore each other, only get killed by walking in front of firing botspawn bot,

15. ^^ That's how it should be.

16. Success indeed, :)
    Pity about the quarries, have to wait for each new map and then see what each one is dressed in then change as necessary, you never know it might work out that they are always the same quarry type for each letter,

17. Cai

Cai

yes i did, i host on a dedicated server. I am the only controller of the server i know my way around it and verified the setting and it broke all ai the way you said. I mean the way you said makes sense but i think there is something wrong try testing it out for yourself on a server please.

18. I'll double check and make sure my info is still up to date.
    Those settings, at one time, were server defaults so, as far as I recall, I don't specify or override any of them.

I'll post back shortly.

19. Code:
    assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/monument/small/mining_quarry_a.prefab is Sulphur quarry
    assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/monument/small/mining_quarry_b.prefab is Stone quarry
    assets/bundled/prefabs/autospawn/monument/small/mining_quarry_c.prefab is HQM quarry
    Maybe something could be done with if's?

20. Nice ^. Saved me the trouble, there. ;)
    I'll modify the names in the next update.

Do we know if it's limited to one of each kind per-map?