BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,144 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. You have the live map installed? if yes then you have messed up somewhere it why I tell you to read the overview not just of this plugin but every plugin you have installed if you still are not sure I have 25 mins before I go to bed I can help you over skype

This one goes into you RustDedicated_Data\Managed folder Rust:IO | Oxide

2. Okey! jonisitrix it's my skype

3. How to make green chat messages strings on RustIO console?
    upload_2017-5-14_13-23-56.png
    very simple!
    just find in your .cs file:
    Code:
    //approximately 1425 string
    Puts(Group.Format(player, message, true));
    and change to:
    Code:
                //  Log message to console
    Debug.Log(string.Concat(new object[] { "[CHAT] ", player, " : ", message}));
    *every console messages that begins from [CHAT] prefix, rustio automatically turns into green text
    **it doesnt work on any other consoles
    ***messages now saves on Log.Chat.txt file of oxide dir

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2017
  4. Anyway to make the clan tags show up? i got rust io clan installed and better chat, what next

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Get the Clan Tags plugin under the Universal Plugins section.

6. Hi, I'm trying to hide group from chat and change the colour of username to blue, how? I have tried so many ways and the username will not change

7. Help my chat keeps not working. It works at first but then after a while it just doesn't show messages.

8. Does the group manager not work anymore? Tried to download it to try to set up my server but it crashes.

Want to set up groups for 3lvls of vip Owner Admin and Regular

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2017
  9. Any way to install your tool on server that i only have ftp access to? I rent a server from SurvivalServers.com

10. FTP is the way to upload the file use filezilla to connect to it

11. I have installed the betterchat plugin some days ago and made 3 different groups (Admin, Moderator and Owner) and I have added different permission to most of them. But yesterday when my friend played on the server, I tried to add him to the admin group, but it didnt work, it just said that there is no group with that name. Same result when I tried with the moderator group. I have even seen the groups in their data or config file. Any ideas?? Help please!!

12. betterchat is case sensitive.
    That mean if your groups is called Admin and you try /usergroup add xxxxxxxx admin, it won't work

13. Hi. The first time using betterchat I somehow made use of the word filter. Now I installed the latest version but cant seem to find the .json file where I edit it? There is a file, like shown in the description, that has "Maximal Tiles": 3 in the config file but only that....to my understanding the word filter should be in there? I am most certainly missing something. Help would be appreciated

14. hello

i have a question is there a way to use better chat and stil use the plugin clans. because when i both put them in my server clans is not showing up.

i hope to get an answer soon greetings pim

15. BetterChatFilter | Oxide
    Read overview...
    Clan Tags | Oxide
    Read overview...

16. Thank you sami37.... It seems when I add words it just reverts back to default. The usual words are blocked but not added ones. I will keep playing around with it tho

17. Well try to unload before adding filter

18. Well I have tried with both capital and small letters in the begining neither works?

19. Failed to call hook 'OnUserChat' on plugin 'BetterChat v5.0.11' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.OnUserChat (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Please help