BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,145 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. /chat add user *** VIP
    A group I created for my vip

2. whats "***"

3. name player

4. ?? Better chat auto syncs with ranks I thought at least that's how I do it

5. after today i can't seem to add group Owner .. lets me add admin/default group but yeah i must be doing something wrong

6. The admin and default are already added by default there is no need to readd them. What command did you run

7. i got it to work just had to restart the server

8. i get some lag issues on the server, and i dont think its the srver it self! can this be the issue?

Failed to call hook 'OnUserChat' on plugin 'BetterChat v5.0.11' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.OnUserChat (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

9. just started getting this also after update

Failed to call hook 'OnUserChat' on plugin 'BetterChat v5.0.11' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.OnUserChat (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

10. How to hide admin green name?
    and set admins name in chat to blue color like normal players?

Solution: Run console commands below to create and set up new BetterChat group:

Code:
    chat group add AdminHide
    chat group set AdminHide TitleHidden true
    chat group set AdminHide UsernameColor #55aaff
    chat user add Togoshige AdminHide
    *Replace "Togoshige" with yours or other admin's username

Other solutions: ---> Solved - Hide admin green name | Oxide

11. Setting the admin group with the same setting as the player group would be quicker

12. Is there a way I can make it so a group is two different colors? Is this possible?

13. Yes it is done it once to a group I had but dont have the code any more and am too tired to test it

14. Is it there any way to add a command to enable/disable the Group/Text Tag? For example, any player with privileges if are added to any group he can choose by command if he want to be in the chat with the TAG

15. when I enable better chat to be used with ranks it double posts in chat. One with the ranks and one standard chat. How do I stop the regular chat and just use the simple chat and ranks?

16. Hello,

Just wondering if there was a possibility where you could add an option in .json:
    Code:
    "DuplicateTag": true / false
    Currently I have multiple ranks like: premium, VIP+, build etc...
    But every time they buy a kit I want to give them all the same clan tag [Donator], but if they have bought more than on kit they get two of the same clan tag.

Example: [Donator][Donator]{CLAN} PLAYERNAME

Is there any possibility you could implement this option into .json? Thank you for your time.

Regards,
    iHYPERLITE

17. The only way they would have two tags the same is because you have two ranks with the same titles so you need to change it. If you want me to have a look at it upload the file from your data folder

18. No I know I have two ranks the same....

I understand how the betterchat system works with clans.

I'm saying I want the same clantag for multiple ranks, but when someone buys both for example: VIP+ with clan [Donator] and BUILD with clan [Donator] they end up having a name like:

Example: [Donator][Donator]{CLAN} PLAYERNAME

I want it to recognise it already has the clan [Donator] and doesn't re-apply the clan tag with a duplicate after another rank purchase.... But want the clantag [Donator] for all ranks purchasable

19. Betterchat does not work like that even the clan plugin does not each clan makes there own clan name

20. That made no sense