Backpacks

Moved

Total Downloads: 15,960 - First Release: Oct 30, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 6, 2018

5/5, 49 likes
  1. when i have public static bool ShowOnBack = false; why is it still showing on the back?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518065636][/DOUBLEPOST]howed you fig it out?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518066367][/DOUBLEPOST]public static bool DropOnDeath = false;
    public static bool EraseOnDeath = false;
    (how come it still removes what i had in there? am i doing something wrong?

2. dont edit the plugin ! just navigate to oxide/config/Backpacks.json and edit there the parameters how u wish and o.reload Backpacks

3. There’s a config file for a reason.
    Look for backpacks.json

4. Maybe, but not related to the issue, because even connecting locally to the server( <1ms ping) i can't open backpack with the /backpack command.
    Every other plugin works normally, even the /viewbackpack command work, but sometimes the /backpack command(or the key binding) will not work.
    If i unload and load the plugin again the issue is solved.
    Seems like it is stuck in a loop or something.

5. Odd, never had this problem.
    What plugins do you have?

6. Backpacks,NoEsape,SmartChatBot,NTeleportation,Friends,FriendlyFire,Kits,RemoverTool,BoxLooters,NoDurability,UpgradeWorkbenches,NightLantern,SignArtist,GrTeleport,BlueprintManager,CustomLootSpawns,RulesGUI,SimpleLoot,Skins,StackSizeController,ServerInfo,DeathNotes,HeliControl,PillsHere,BetterChat,AdminRadar.
    All of them are working perfecly, except Backpacks.

7. IS this plugin suppose to have a json file in the oxide config directory? I can not see to get this add on to work. Note I am a noob when it comes to rust plugins with oxide. also are the console commands supposed to be entered in game via the f1 key or the server hosting recon program? If anyone has a step by step guide the what has to be done in game would be great. Also Note I am using Fragnet as my hosting server which is suppose to have and has a one click plug in install button.

Also note the CS file is shown in the oxide plugin folder just no json file in the oxide config folder.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am sure I am just missing something

8. erase on death was still preset to false. when i die. things in it are gone. am i missing something? does this not actually save things upon death.

9. Do you have drop on death on?
    refresh your ftp.
    I’ll have a more detailed explanation after I get home.
    Then I wouldn’t know what to tell you.
    I’ll look at my plugin, because it’s working perfectly fine.

10. no that is set to false
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518142540][/DOUBLEPOST]
    oh i think i understand it now. it doesnt work the way i thought it did, i thought what ever was in the "pack" could stay there..even with the erase off should you die. i think i was just being retarded

11. I believe a few updates ago it's supposed to be directly on the player.
    What version are you using?

the backpack visual is now attached to the back instead of the whole body (It now moves with the back) <- As of 2 updates ago
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518193383][/DOUBLEPOST]I think I have a fix for the plugin saving backpacks for non-player entities with an ID.
    Code:
                public static Backpack LoadOrCreate(ulong id)
                {
                    if (backpacks.ContainsKey(id))
                        return backpacks[id];                Backpack backpack = null;                if (Interface.Oxide.DataFileSystem.ExistsDatafile($"{Instance.DataFileName}/{id}"))
                        LoadData(ref backpack, $"{Instance.DataFileName}/{id}");
                    else
                    {
                        backpack = new Backpack(id);
                       if (id < 2147483647) return null;
                        SaveData(backpack, $"{Instance.DataFileName}/{id}");
                    }                backpacks.Add(id, backpack);                return backpack;
                }
            }

Then
    Code:
            private void OnEntityDeath(BaseCombatEntity victim, HitInfo info, ulong id)
            {
                if (victim is BasePlayer)
                {
                    BasePlayer player = (BasePlayer)victim;
                    Backpack backpack = Backpack.LoadOrCreate(player.userID);
                   if (id < 2147483647) return;
                    backpack.ForceClose();                if (Configuration.EraseOnDeath)
                        backpack.EraseContents();
                    else if (Configuration.DropOnDeath)
                        backpack.Drop(player.transform.position);
                }
            }

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
  12. would it be possible to get maybe a secondary permission so that those using it wont lose the stuff? like it doesnt drop/erase but stays in side your personal bp even after death?.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518231244][/DOUBLEPOST]
    if not thats ok its still a great mod. but was thinking admin/vips could have it where if they die. they dont lose whats in the bp ....if thats even possable

13. Most likely possible.

14. this would make my day if that became a thing. i like the idea that you can keep the stuff. but its not 100% on hand. you still have to kind of stop. get the stuff out. and then keep going

15. What would you like to be possible again? I could try to work on a new version for you.

16. I've decided I'll work on it. I should have it by tomorrow, if I can figure it out.

17. Is there any way to move the backpack (large) back a bit on the player model? Players say they see the bag clipping through their player POV and sometimes even block pick ups or interactions. Sorry if this has been addressed before!

18. It probably can, but I’m not the current maintainer.
    I could try to do it and send it to you via pm.

19. Is there away to change where the backpack is because it has started to get in the face of some players. didn't see that in the code any where so wanted to reach out and ask.