1. That doesnt work tried multiple times and hes a big problem, please help

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you manually editing a file?

3. So i have done "ownerid my64bit name" without quotes. I verified everything was correct multiple times. But i still cant do anything in game. I have followed many guides, saving config after, etc. But i just cant get perms in game. Would someone be willing to help me out?

4. in rcon type
    ownerid steamid64 "player name" "admin"
    then
    server.writecfg
    then relog if in game

5. I have just noticed something. Whenever i try to connect through rcon i get this in console. Screenshot and thats exactly what i did. I still get no permission errors on anything i do.

6. Am sure @Wulf can help you with that

7. I hope so. Ive been trying to fix this for days. Do you think maybe a fresh server install?

8. it would not hurt are you running it from your pc

9. A dedicated server from OVH. It runs all my other game servers fine. I also didnt have this problem on my last rust server, using this dedicated server a few months ago.

10. Got it. Only one problem though. Im using permissions manager and i set admin and default perms. But i cant open the group "moderator" has the name changed?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There is no default "moderator" group in Oxide.

12. Oh okay, i thought there was. Thanks for everything i appreciate the quick responses.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There was probably a year or so ago, but it hasn't been automatically created since then.

14. Quick question. What would be the permission i would have to grant to my new group for them to noclip and spawn items?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They'd need to be set as owner. Those features are from Rust, not Oxide. The steps in the first post tell you how to setup owners.

16. What else do owners get other than noclip and spawn items? And moderatorid is no longer a thing right?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Both are still a thing, unsure how they vary anymore. Owners pretty much get access to all admin functionality and commands.

18. Okay thanks, i will test out moderatorid.

19. mods cant ban and am sure there a other things if plugins they can use only what you give

20. My ownerid 76561198077094925 Platinum command isn't working, even in default Rust, nothing happens. Not sure if this update messed it up, or what, but I can't get it to work in any way
    [DOUBLEPOST=1512329087][/DOUBLEPOST]
    by nothing happens, I mean, it says I'm owner when I put in the command but when I go to spawn items as a test, nothing.