1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes to users.cfg (create manually, else use the steps from this thread.)

Maybe to server.cfg, it depends on if you want to set thing there or in your startup script.

2. is the cfg files located at /steamcmd/rust.alpha/server/my_server_identity/cfg?
    i originally thought it was in /steamcmd/rust.alpha/cfg

(software is in /steamcmd/rust.alpha/)

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The first, yes.

4. Hey....
    There is an easyer way to get all permissions with out have to type all permissions by them self.

1. group add owner (This will create a group called "owner")
    2. usergroup add "Your name" owner (This will add user to group owner)
    3. grant group owner * (This * give you all permissions that exist on the server, remember if you add a new plugin make sure to type grant group owner * every time you add an plugin that needs permission.)

I hope this help you!

[IMPORTANT MUST READ]
    The * give acces to F1 spawn menu and acces to edit all settings on the server!
    Tip: Dont give anyone else than you self the *

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There is an "admin" group automatically created by Oxide, and you are automatically added to it if you have auth level 2 with Rust. There isn't a need to create another group when it handles it automatically.

I would also discourage blindly granting ALL permissions, as sometimes permissions in plugins do negative things that you do not want to have most of the time.

Oxide's permissions also do not have anything to do with the F1 item menu, that's all Rust. The only time permissions would control that is if you are using a plugin such as Admin Spawn that adds permissions for it.

6. No you would not use "reason" has "BIGWORM" is the reason so it would be ownerid 76561197982342838 "BIGWORM"

7. ownerid 76561197982342838 "BIGWORM" "Admin"

8. Question about ownerid, can't seem to find a solid answer anywhere - Can you set more than one person using ownerid? Setting up a server for a friend, and I had just me as the "owner" eventually I added him, and it made him owner/auth2 and automatically wrote me into moderator / auth1

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, as many as you want.

10. I figured as much. I just tried again... input ownerid mysteamidthatrustygaveme "name" ; server.writecfg, rebooted the server, it put him back to moderator, so I went into the config file and just changed the moderatorid for us to ownerid.. rebooted it yet again, and that seems to have done it.

Thanks for the help! :)

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's very odd, because you can have have as many as you want of each.

12. i have done all this and my friend shows up in the user.cfg file as a moderator and i have done it with ownerid as well but he is still unable to fly or use the item list

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did they reconnect after you added them?

14. yes we did alot but finnaly figured it out it only took 4 days hahahha but thanks for responding! :)

15. Is there any command to switch on/off admin mode to test something as normal player?

16. Make another steam account and family share your main rust with the new one its what I do

17. Can i Change my color from Green to Blue? I want to hide my Admin status.. How is it possible?

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to use a plugin such as BetterChat.

19. How i can change there the color of my Name?

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to use a plugin such as BetterChat.