1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you forwarding the rcon.port on your router? Are you connecting from the same network or remotely?

Could provide any details? You may want to check Rusty's support thread as well.

Rust doesn't have an interactive console on Linux, you'd need to use RCON.

2. rcon.login invalid command and rcon.password does not set a password

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Neither of those are valid commands as mentioned in the Overview. The rcon.password can only be set in your startup script.

4. There is some way of seeing the list of administrators or the people with permissions?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Admin in Rust don't have permissions, just auth level 2 or 1 based on if they are added with ownerid or moderator. You can see the list of users under server/identity/cfg/users.cfg.

6. I want to use the Rusty program to control my server

7. Completely new to all of this. Ive got everything working for the most part but I have 2 owners on my Users.cfg, myself and another. I can easily type say, "grant user SillyBillyWTF (owner id nick name) xpbooster.*" and itll work. But when i type the other owner's nickname, it says "User not found". Tried to make them as a Moderator instead but same error. Double checked their SteamID64, everything is correct and the command works if i use their SteamID64. Is there a way to make it easier for myself to grant mod permissions with just their given nickname or do i have to do it through their steamid?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The name needs to start exactly as they have it set, capitalization and all. You can do it by their 64-bit Steam ID too. If the user is not found, they are literally not found by that name or ID.

9. Ahh okay cus ive tried it as exactly as it was typed on the Users.cfg but still cant find the user :/ Im just glad it works through their steamid64. Like for my name, i can type it out with no capitalization and itll still find my full steam name and grant permissions. Is it possibly because i have them set to Owner as well? Oh, and thank you for the quick reply! Very much appreciated :D

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, they can be owner and moderator, but there isn't really a point as they are essentially the same in Rust.

11. More problems. Sorry WULF! :)
    Here is my problem;
    ownderid tiddlemonkey "Tiddle Monkey"
    [Console] This is not a 64bit steam id. Try again
    Ive looked it up and it is my 64bit steam ID. Its the one at the end of this url... right?
    Steam Community :: Tiddle Monkey
    Please tell me if I'm stupid.

12. Your steamid64 is 76561198119875099.

13. oh. thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1474141514][/DOUBLEPOST]
    could you tell me how you found that out

14. Steam ID Finder

15. How do I removed an admin and a moderator? I use Host Havoc and when I removed them from users.cfg and hit save then go in the console and do writecfg, it adds them back :/

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

removeowner ID
    removemoderator ID

server.writecfg

When you use server.writecfg, it writes that the server has in memory to file. If you want to manually edit the file while the server is running, you'd need to use server.readcfg.

17. Alright, thank you Wulf :D

18. can i directly add the list of admins and moderators into the server.cgf file?
    I am using a remote server using Ubuntu server.,

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, but there isn't a point of doing that when there is a users.cfg file that you should use.

20. So, the users.cfg file is supposed to be in the same directory as the server.cfg file?
    Also, do I even need the server.cfg file for Rust Experimental?
    Its just that I seem to have to create all the cfg files and directories by myself through a console, so it can become slightly confusing.