1. I just started a server through gameservers.com. insatalled oxide 2, added plugins via ftp.

i am trying to get Gather Manager for Rust | Oxide to work, i went to adjust the gather rate in the F1 console but it tells me i dont have permisson.

i assume somehow i have to login as admin?
    i tried rcon.login password , doesnt work, unkown command.

i have "rusty" installed and connected to my server.
    i added my steamID under ownerid in the console

im new to this renting server and modding it.
    ive been an admin before and was able to use all the commands etc. easily but just never installed them myself.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please see the first post of this thread. This is standard Rust admin, not anything from Oxide.

3. Is it still accurate that Rust Owner (auth level 2) and Moderator (auth level 1) are basically the same? Are both added to the Oxide admin permission group by default?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, and no. Level 1 is automatically added to the moderator group.

5. ok I have followed these steps. I am owner on the user.cfg file in server but the rust still does not see me as admin or owner. I cant put in any command lines. for me to do anything I have to use rusty or rustadmin tools outside the game

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which commands are you testing?

7. I cant tp or the heli plugin I added prutty much any plug-ins I have added I cant change anything in game.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most plugin commands use permissions, not Rust auth levels. Check their Overview.

9. ok then how do I fly around to other players throught rust and not any plugin

10. Set yourself up as owner - see original post here. Log out and back in. Then bind a key to noclip. In <F1> console bind l noclip - when you press that key in game you should have noclip enabled.

11. I did that unkown command.
    how do I get the owner lvl auth, again I am set as owner in rusty per user.cfg

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The first steps in this post show you how. If you can use the F1 item menu and such, then it is setup correctly.

13. I must be lost. I can see the item menu and tools but there is nothing in tools or I cant use anything in item menu. I read the first post please help me get it right.

is there something I have to add to the server command line?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, RCON is entirely separate from your in-game admin.

15. I did every thing in 1st post with rcon so how do I get ingame right, wulf so we don't drag this post out please inbox me

16. Follow these steps in rcon
    1.) ownerid steamid64 "player name" "Owner"
    2.) server.writecfg
    3.) Then relog if in game
    4.) Then in f1 type bind l noclip then press your L key space bar to go up and use your wsad keys holding shift to go faster

17. if its not rusty then I quess I don't have that please link it for me

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can use any RCON client.

19. so rusty and admintool aren't rcon client

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They are.