1. Gameservers are not the best I recommend looking around for something better here is one you can look at RUST Experimental Server Hosting - Host Havoc
    or
    Rent or Buy RUST Server Hosting - Streamline Servers

2. Having an issue with ADMIN rights. Set the ownerid, logged in have admin rights however user is still shown as player (blue instead of green) and cant use commands such as noclip. Before on connection listed "auth level 2" now it doesnt say anything in console when connecting. Not sure what happened? I removed and added user as owner multiple times now with no luck. In game can access items as ADMIN, and when looking at users.cfg listed as owner. Something break? Is there a separate process for setting up the auth level permissions? Thx

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did the player disconnect and reconnect?

4. Yep. Multiple times. Also restarted the server with no luck as well.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you sure the Steam ID is correct?

6. server.writecfg is not saving who is set as an admin

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Then your users.cfg is likely read-only, because that hasn't changed in Rust.

8. any way to fix this?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your users.cfg file properties to see if it is read-only.

10. under owner, group, and public Read and Write are checked

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Have you checked to see if the file has the ID you added through the console?

12. when i add someone as admin with the rcon console, they do not appear on the list

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What commands did you use exactly?

14. ownerid 76561198098573776 (my id)

server.writecfg

15. ownerid 76561198098573776 "player name" "Owner"
    then server.writecfg then relog if in game

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Name and reason are optional, so those shouldn't be needed. If no name is given, "unnamed" is used, and if no reason is given, "no reason" is used.

7f6565783d55f735f477f5746d249e49.png

17. I do it the way I like it done if they want to use another way up to them but as both ways can be used not sure the point of your post

18. how do i fix this tho ;-;

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The point is that making someone spend more time to do more for the sake of "I do it that way" is not a fix. ;) The steps the user took already handled what you posted, you just added more unnecessary parts to it. I know you're just trying to help, and I'm just trying to help you and save users time.

Have you tried adding to the users.cfg manually and then using server.readcfg? You can also try editing it manually while the server is offline, that'd be the same as using server.readcfg.

20. Tried it, still no luck