1. I got the commands, but can i use +server.description in the run batchfile? or what is the quickest way to save the settings? i did server.writecfg but i dont see the lines in the server.cfg

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You won't see anything in the server.cfg file you are looking in, the only server.cfg that is used is cfg/server.cfg where RustDedicated.exe is. You can use any settings or commands via your batch file though.

3. Excellent, thanks Wulf.

4. I do not understand my start.bat file

Code:
    @echo off
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.description "test server info" +server.url "http://rust.lt" +server.headerimage "http://rust.lt/logo.png" +server.port 28015 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password "aaaaaaaaa" +server.hostname "Test abc" +server.maxplayers 1 +server.worldsize 6000 +server.seed 6639000 +server.saveinterval 300
    and they do not show anything still header image or server description or web address

Untitled.png

5. Russian text turns into a mess when run from the .bat file, you need to go to the game and enter from the console.
    Tried to run the .bat file is encoded with 866-OEM, the UTF-8 and UTF-8 w/o BOM - did not give any result, it was a disgrace and left.

6. I host my server from my own dedicated box, and when I look at other rust servers, they have a server image and a description when clicked. How would I go about adding one for my server too?

7. I added mine to command line, here is mine.

+server.headerimage "http://i.imgur.com/s8XpfKG.jpg" +server.url "WD-40 UK - Index page" +server.description "Welcome to WD40\nA 4500 map for your exploration and PVP needs.\nBuild and battle as you wish but no glitching/cheating!\n\nServer Specifics\n5x Gather - 5x Smelt - 100k Stacks - 4500 Map Size\n\nPLUGINS\nAntiCheat - AutoDoorCloser - Clans - Instacraft - Teleport - Kits - Remove - Dayvote - Private Messaging - Deathnotes"

8. Is the Server url a link that we put there?

9. Yeah, it is used for things like your community website or even livemap

10. Russians developers, I need your tips;
    I use cfg folder and server.cfg file with UTF-8;
    Bad result:

Attached Files:

11. how do you set the image and description for your rust server

12. Has there been a change in the latest server update. I cannot get server.description to work and I just tried it using the batch file only method and it is not working. Is anyone else having problems?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1446855142][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind. Fixed it. I think it maybe a bug, so calling it out. If you use client.connect via debug (F1) you don't get to see the server description or url. It mush default to the standard settings. Good to know.

-SGTGunner

13. Set all info in the bat file if you need help with it pm me

14. is it possible to edit a description or do you have to write it all out each time? i do it through console btw

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Edit it how? It will save it if you add it yo server.cfg or your command-line.

16. does this info go into the serverauto.cfg file?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, the server.cfg or your startup command-line.

18. +SwipoStyle - I am russian serverowner and I have same trouble as Swipo typed and gave screenshot - mess in description. A whole fragment of text disappears. For example - text must to look
    "Server blabla rust gamers
    We have TP home insta etc
    Lovely drunk admins eats the dogs anything too"
    But practically text can look like
    "Server blabla rus♦ome insta etc
    Lovely dr♦ing too"
    It is example - actually it's a cyrillic text. I tried to change encoding to UTF8 w\wo BOM. Tried to save this thing into /rust_dedicated/server/(srv name)/cfg server.cfg or serverauto.cfg. I tried to use MagicDescription plugin. I tried to change a number of characters in line and change \n positions - only changed a form of this trouble. I am trying to win this problem for a 4 hours)) Anybody solved?) p.s. Some russian servers like Ruston don't have this trouble(( Normal cyrillic text wthout problem but admins don't want to help((
    p.p.s sorrrry for my best English guys))

19. As other russian speaking server owner i can recommend you to play with spaces in words that have been broken ;). All you need is just to count quantity of disappeared symbols and fill its number with spaces or other random symbols =)). At least i solved that problem that way). Theoreticaly there could be other ways to solve this prob, but i know only this one.