TruePVE

Better PVE/PVP implementation

Total Downloads: 4,540 - First Release: Mar 25, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 7, 2018

5/5, 26 likes
  1. can you make pve zones? it might be a stupid question.. just dont know how to do it.

2. @Jim 7 You can just use zonemanager and disable pvp using preset flags. You wouldn't need truepve for that.

3. ok where would i find the config file for ZoneManager i download it to my plugins and then it doesnt show up in my config.

4. How do I disable the looting of sleepers?

5. You'd need another plugin for this - as of v0.8.0, loot handling was removed from TruePVE.

6. Why can not I figure this plugin out? Really, I'm so stupid !! ?? Please, someone help me understand how it works !!! Thanks

7. I've been trying to sort this out for a while, but I'm at a loss. I can't figure it out. When the server starts up I get this
    Code:
    Failed to call hook 'OnEntityTakeDamage' on plugin 'TruePVE v0.8.9' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE+Option,System.Boolean].get_Item (Option key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.OnEntityTakeDamage (.BaseCombatEntity entity, .HitInfo hitinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It repeats a bunch of times and things carry on. As far as I can tell everything is running properly. I'm just running TruePVE as is. No zones or anything like that. Only changes I've made to it are adding in the NPCs so they take damage. It doesn't seem to be an issue. It's just bugging me and I want to make it go away.

8. Can you upload your config so I can take a look?

9. Here ya go.

Attached Files:

10. I don't see anything that would cause this in your config. This happens only when you start up? It doesn't happen when you reload TruePVE after the server is already running, correct?

11. Correct. I have a restart coming up in about 20 min. I'll double check and see if anything else is screwy. I didn't see anything last time, but I wasn't looking.

12. If it's only when the server is starting up, maybe there's a conflict somewhere or something isn't fully loaded yet. If it's not causing any problems you can probably ignore it. I will do some testing locally and see if I can replicate the issue and address it appropriately.

13. The one time I watch the console to try and see the error it doesn't happen. So I went to the logs and looked it up. And I think you're right about things loading. The "Failed to call hook 'OnEntityTakeDamage'" error is happening before the server connects to steam. Basically looks like this

(08:03:02) | Calling 'OnEntitySpawned' on 'OilCrate v0.6.6' took 167ms
    (08:03:03) | 72215 / 250942
    (08:03:05) | 203099 / 250942
    (08:03:06) | done.
    (08:03:06) | Enforcing SpawnPopulation Limits
    (08:03:14) | done.
    (08:03:14) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityTakeDamage' on plugin 'TruePVE v0.8.9' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE+Option,System.Boolean].get_Item (Option key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.OnEntityTakeDamage (.BaseCombatEntity entity, .HitInfo hitinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (edited for length)
    (08:03:15) | Initializing 252846 entity links
    (08:03:15) | done.
    (08:03:16) | Initializing 1409 stability supports
    (08:03:16) | done.
    (08:03:16) | Initializing 1066 conditional models
    (08:03:16) | done.
    (08:03:16) | Initializing 250941 entity save caches
    (08:03:17) | done.
    (08:03:18) | Connected to Steam

Not sure if any of this matters. But this is what was surrounding the error and "when" it happened.

14. Is there currently any flags that allow players in building blocked areas to take damage? I have a rule on my server against mic spamming, because I don't want players sitting outside another players base spamming their mic while the owners can't do anything about it, but i'm trying to make the server run on its own and where I don't need to babysit anyone. I've also had people go deep on someone who didn't have traps yet and then sit in their base until night time (when they can kill and raid) but I feel like all issues could be resolved if the player that is within the building blocked area could take damage, but the player that has building privs didn't take damage while TruePVE is active.

15. There is nothing like this in TruePVE currently, but I will see if it's something that can be implemented.

16. Anyone else's turrets stopped shooting zombies?

Attached Files:

17. You have a PVE server and you do so at night, the server was PVP? how did you do that? Judging by the description I have a very similar server and I am also looking for a plugin that will make the area around the Cabinet where you can kill! If you have any progress let me know!

18. I was hoping someone might be able to help me with something. For some reason auto turrets and traps will NOT hurt npc's like the Scientist. Is there a way to fix this?

Here is my json file.

Code:
    {
      "Config Version": "0.8.9",
      "Default RuleSet": "default",
      "Configuration Options": {
        "handleDamage": true,
        "useZones": true
      },
      "Mappings": {
        "default": "default",
        "76638700": "exclude"
      },
      "Schedule": {
        "enabled": false,
        "useRealtime": false,
        "broadcast": false,
        "entries": []
      },
      "RuleSets": [
        {
          "name": "default",
          "enabled": true,
          "defaultAllowDamage": false,
          "flags": "HumanNPCDamage, LockedBoxesImmortal, LockedDoorsImmortal",
          "rules": [
            "anything can hurt dispensers",
            "anything can hurt players",
            "players cannot hurt players",
            "anything can hurt traps",
            "traps cannot hurt players",
            "players can hurt barricades",
            "barricades cannot hurt players",
            "highwalls cannot hurt players",
            "anything can hurt heli",
            "anything can hurt npcs",
            "fire cannot hurt players",
            "anything can hurt resources",
            "traps can hurt npcs"
          ]
        }
      ],
      "Entity Groups": [
        {
          "name": "dispensers",
          "members": "BaseCorpse, HelicopterDebris",
          "exclusions": ""
        },
        {
          "name": "players",
          "members": "BasePlayer",
        },
        {
          "name": "traps",
          "members": "AutoTurret, BearTrap, FlameTurret, Landmine, GunTrap, ReactiveTarget, spikes.floor",
        },
        {
          "name": "barricades",
          "members": "Barricade",
        },
        {
          "name": "highwalls",
          "members": "wall.external.high.stone, wall.external.high.wood, gates.external.high.wood, gates.external.high.wood",
        },
        {
          "name": "heli",
          "members": "BaseHelicopter",
        },
        {
          "name": "npcs",
          "members": "NPCPlayerApex, BradleyAPC, NPCMurderer, murderer, NPCScientist, scientist",
        },
        {
          "name": "fire",
          "members": "FireBall",
        },
        {
          "name": "resources",
          "members": "ResourceEntity, TreeEntity, OreResourceEntity",
        }
      ]
    }

19. @Owl Wolfe Everything looks fine to me unless i'm missing something. Are you supposed to add NPCMurderer, murderer, NPCScientist and scientist though? Wont NPCPlayerApex be enough for them?

20. I was having some other issues that lead me to add "NPCMurderer, murderer, NPCScientist, scientist". The originally issue is that the scientist in the tunnels couldn't be killed, so I added those to fix the issue. Now the issue is, the roaming scientists don't take damage for traps like the auto turret or bear trap. I don't have bot spawn or anything else that would modify/add/remove npc's. Animals are default, Scientist are default.