TruePVE

Better PVE/PVP implementation

Total Downloads: 4,540 - First Release: Mar 25, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 7, 2018

5/5, 26 likes
  1. It depends on the requirement. You should be able to write a rule to block tank damage, but if you do that then the regular NPC Bradley probably cannot hurt players either. Can you provide more detail as to what the need is? (It might be something that has to be implemented in TankCommander)

2. This is mainly for a private wizardry plugin. that the player could damage only the animals and NPC. but he continues to damage buildings and other players. what data do you need that you could help me with?

3. @ignignokt84 I think he is referring to the different types of damage, IE* Blunt, Explosion, FireBall, etc etc etc., like I was trying to do with Rocket Turrets before. :) (which I never did figure out)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2018
  4. I have a question for anyone willing to help. I do not have anyone to help me test stuff because my server is not active for players yet, and this is the last mod I need. I basically want it so players can not kill other players. I don't want anything else. I don't want them to die from it if they try. They are so many other settings on it that confuse me :( . I want them to be able to attack npcs etc. They can die from traps which is totally fine, just not from a weapon like guns, rockets from another player. here is my config I have so far but im sure I don't fully understand . Please and thank you

Attached Files:

5. probably yes, I was hoping for your Explosion but it did not help. What other types of damage are there?

6. I don't know the full list. @ignignokt84 will know I'm sure

7. @ignignokt84,

I cant for the life of me get "murderers" with machetes to hurt me or any other player for that matter.

I have updated to the latest version, Yesterday! Didn't notice this until tonight. I have literally checked everything, replaces flags, rules etc etc... They just don't kill you or hurt you.

The facepunch spawned Scientist can kill, and the other murderers that are dressed as scientists using guns can kill... just not the Machete wielding
    Murderers

check my .json just to make sure... but I'm pretty positive, its nothing I've done preventing them from killing.

Code:
    {
      "Config Version": "0.8.9",
      "Default RuleSet": "default",
      "Configuration Options": {
        "handleDamage": true,
        "useZones": true
      },
      "Mappings": {
        "default": "default",
        "80030980": "pvp",
        "save": "save"
      },
      "Schedule": {
        "enabled": false,
        "useRealtime": false,
        "broadcast": false,
        "entries": []
      },
      "RuleSets": [
        {
          "name": "default",
          "enabled": true,
          "defaultAllowDamage": false,
          "flags": "NoHeliDamage, LockedBoxesImmortal, LockedDoorsImmortal, AdminsHurtSleepers, TurretsIgnorePlayers, TrapsIgnorePlayers",
          "rules": [
            "anything can hurt dispensers",
            "players cannot hurt players",
            "npcs can hurt players",
            "players cannot hurt traps",
            "players cannot hurt barricades",
            "barricades cannot hurt players",
            "highwalls cannot hurt players",
            "players cannot hurt highwalls",
            "anything can hurt heli",
            "anything can hurt npcs",
            "fire cannot hurt players",
            "fire cannot hurt buildings",
            "npcs cannot hurt buildings",
            "anything can hurt resources"
          ]
        },
        {
          "name": "pvp",
          "enabled": true,
          "defaultAllowDamage": true,
          "flags": "HumanNPCDamage",
            "anything can hurt anything"
          ]
        },
        {
          "name": "save",
          "enabled": false,
          "defaultAllowDamage": false,
          "flags": "HumanNPCDamage, LockedBoxesImmortal, LockedDoorsImmortal",
            "anything can hurt dispensers",
            "anything can hurt players",
            "players cannot hurt players",
            "anything can hurt traps",
            "traps cannot hurt players",
            "players can hurt barricades",
            "barricades cannot hurt players",
            "highwalls cannot hurt players",
            "anything can hurt heli",
            "anything can hurt npcs",
            "fire cannot hurt players",
            "fire cannot hurt buildings",
            "npcs cannot hurt buildings",
            "anything can hurt resources"
          ]
        }
      ],
      "Entity Groups": [
        {
          "name": "dispensers",
          "members": "BaseCorpse, HelicopterDebris",
          "exclusions": ""
        },
        {
          "name": "players",
          "members": "BasePlayer",
        },
        {
          "name": "traps",
          "members": "BearTrap, Landmine, ReactiveTarget, spikes.floor",
        },
        {
          "name": "turrets",
          "members": "AutoTurret, FlameTurret, GunTrap",
        },
        {
          "name": "barricades",
          "members": "Barricade",
        },
        {
          "name": "highwalls",
          "members": "wall.external.high.stone, wall.external.high.wood, gates.external.high.wood, gates.external.high.wood",
        },
        {
          "name": "buildings",
          "members": "block.stair.ushape.prefab, block.stair.lshape.prefab, wall.prefab, wall.half.prefab, wall.low.prefab, wall.window.prefab, wall.frame.prefab, foundation.prefab, floor.prefab, floor.frame.prefab, floor.triangle.prefab, roof.prefab",
        },
        {
          "name": "heli",
          "members": "BaseHelicopter",
        },
        {
          "name": "npcs",
          "members": "Scientist, scientist, NPCMurderer, murderer, BradleyAPC",
        },
        {
          "name": "fire",
          "members": "FireBall",
        },
        {
          "name": "resources",
          "members": "ResourceEntity, TreeEntity, OreResourceEntity",
        }
      ]
    }

8. TruePVE is not able to prevent specific types of damage in its current state, only damage from certain entities to other entities.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1520612235][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think you're missing a rule for "anything can hurt players" - can you try adding that rule and see if that works? Also, can you run /tpve_prod while looking at a murderer that cannot hurt you, and see if it gives you the type and prefab?

9. 58

I had that rule in there, didn't seem to matter (will try again). I do have "npcs can hurt players" in the rules, that allows all npc types to hurt players.
    I did use /tpve_prod to get the type and prefab of each npc. IE* "type=NPCMurderer, prefab=murderer"
    [DOUBLEPOST=1520625527][/DOUBLEPOST]
    EDIT: it works now, not sure if a restart helped, or putting the rule back in did. Thanks.

10. @ignignokt84

I have considered and tested heli damage to bases and figured out that bases that aren't owned by the person fighting the heli can still get damaged.

I thought, if the base didn't belong to the person fighting the heli, it didn't get damaged ? That pretty much makes taking NoHeliDamage out of the flags kinda dangerous, opening up the server for players trolling others bases, even if they cant get into boxes and such..

The heli is spawned by helicontrol, and can be spawned by GUIShop Command,. I don't think this is the issue.... Is there a way to block damage from heli if it is agroed to you and you don't own the base ?

11. I was also wondering,

Since the update, Lock-on Rockets, A paid plug has stopped working because of TruePVE, I tested last night and found that something which I couldn't target specifically was the cause of the Plugin lock-on rockets to not cause damage to the Bradley or Heli.

I got it to work last night by reverting true pve to default and all was good after that. Until today. I realized that NoHeliDamage was not in the config. which caused bases to get damage. Also, after testing with the flag out, it was doing damage to bases not owned by us. Hence the post before this one.

I also realized after the fact, more specifically, after I put NoHeliDamage in, that trying to use Lock-on Rockets again to damage heli/ Bradley, wouldn't work anymore. So I took it back out, and Lock-on Rockets worked again.

All of this worked well together before TruePVE last update.

Can ya see what you can do to fix this issue ?

12. @Krazy J - The heli and base damage issue is a more complex issue than I would want to address. A heli-specific damage plugin for TruePVE might be something someone would be willing to develop though...

The ONLY change that was made in this latest TruePVE update was the change to distinguish players from NPCs for turret targeting. There was no change to anything heli-related. Even ignoring that, NoHeliDamage only applies to heli rockets fired from a heli, and wouldn't affect player-fired rockets (player rockets are completely different entities).

13. I don't know that I would want yet another plugin to do something the game mechanics should do. As I thought that mechanic has never changed. Apparently it did ?
    Although, I don't care either way if the heli damages or doesn't damage bases, Its not that important.

The more important issue I'm having is with NoHeliDamage causing another plugin to stop working correctly when it worked before with no issues.
    Last night when I tested it (again) and found out the NoHeliDamage was the cause I was kind of surprised. And I'll test it again and again. But I already know I'll get the same result.

I just want them to work together again like they used to. That is my ultimate goal from this.

Edit: Found the reason why NoHeliDamage was blocking the Lock-on Rockets from damaging anything, a prefab that was named in TruePVE.cs was the same prefab that was recently changed to in Lock-On Rockets.cs which is used for the rocket (smoke rocket) being used to lock on to the heli and Bradley.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2018
  14. Which prefab? When I looked at the Lock-On Rockets description it stated it used smoke rockets, but I don't associate smoke rockets with NoHeliDamage, I only use heli rockets.

15. yes, the Heli_Rocket.prefab is the one you use. Lock-on Rockets used to use the rocket_basic.prefab which worked with TruePVE, but the dev changed that prefab to heli_rocket.prefab..... so TruePVE started blocking damage from the lock-on's to the heli and Bradley and probably other stuff.

I just changed the prefab back to what was used before (rocket_basic.prefab) and it works now. So no worries, its all good now!

16. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, haven't really seen anyone mention it at least. The scientist don't take damage and reflect any damage back to you. Its only them, Bradly is fine, Helicopter is fine, just the scientist npc. Is there a fix or am I missing something in the settings? ----"players cannot hurt players" ---- "anything can hurt npcs" are both under the rule set. Thank you in advance.

17. If damage is reflecting, you may have server set to PVE instead of PVP.

18. Scientist, or scientist, or NPCPlayerApex has to be in the npcs Entity Group. Try all 3 of them separately.

19. Is there an option to make building take damage from heli?
    I can only find the flag for nohelidamage?
    Thanks

20. Do not put NoHeliDamage flag in and buildings should take damage.