Total Downloads: 4,540 - First Release: Mar 25, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 7, 2018

5/5, 26 likes
  1. ignignokt84 updated TruePVE with a new update entry:

2. No Config file loads???

Never mind took 7 minutes to load i guess

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2016
  3. Uh nice!
    I can not test it atm, but if I get this right:
    PvP is disabled but you can set up zones, where it is enabled?

@ignignokt84
    Is there a way to implement permissions so that only a group of players have pve on and others not?

4. Yes, if you use ZoneManager this should be working. I will do that later today too. :)

Thank you very much for your work @ignignokt84 !!! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2016
  5. By itself, TruePVE is generic and applies to the entire environment. The only way to set up zones with different behavior would be to use additional plugins.

With this plugin alone, you can only enable pvp if you turn the hookdamage option to false, but that would disable ALL damage checks, and your server would essentially be like a normal pvp server.

If you are able to code, you can set up zones and hook into TruePVE from another plugin with relative ease. The example I use in the plugin description is how I do it - I use ZoneManager to set up zones with custom flags, and have ZoneManager handle zone damage first. Then if ZoneManager does not need to override the default behavior of TruePVE, I call HandleDamage or HandleLoot from ZoneManager and let default PVE rules apply.

I believe ZoneManager also has player-based flags that you could use to set certain players to PVP/PVE, but I've not used it.

6. With new version of TruePVE, if unlocked is set to false, some players can't destroy barrels but some can..

7. Are the indestructible barrels all the same type (oil barrels, for example)? Or are they all roadside or all in landmarks?

8. I asked some more players and I figured out that everybody is unable to destroy the trashcans if unlocked=true. Barrels are fine :)

9. Thank you for your answer, I will try it later with the zonemanager - any way to add permissions?

10. Thanks for the clarification - I will take a look at trash cans now.

If you mean player-specific PVE/PVP, I had not intended to do so. I will reconsider though.

11. How did you manage to add a pvp zone using ZoneManager? The command from zonemanager does not work because the truepve plugin I guess..

Thank you :)

12. You will have to implement a bit of code. For the server I originally made these changes for, I added a new zone flag (say "PvpEnable"), and then handled player damage in ZoneManager's OnEntityTakeDamage procedure. If both players (target and initiator) are in the PvpEnable zone, allow damage, and skip calling TruePVE, but otherwise call TruePVE. That's the basic gist of what I did, but the actual implementation to fit your needs is up to you.

13. ignignokt84 updated TruePVE with a new update entry:

14. Couldn't it be easy? :D It sounds logic, but I don't know how to do this.. :D

15. I thought that was pretty easy ;) I can provide only general guidance for ZoneManager or any other plugin which I do not own, but you can check ZoneManager support and see if there are instructions included for setting up custom zone flags.

I can provide guidance on what to do, but I don't want to provide implementations of other plugins for TruePVE because that can create a support nightmare for me. There are simply too many plugins, and every server can have different requirements for how they would want those plugins to interact with TruePVE.

16. Sure, thank you. I will try it :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1459179489][/DOUBLEPOST]Isn't it possible to set pvpgod in zonemanager to false and skip truepve in there?

17. everything is great. Thank you. Now I can remove any unnecessary plugins.
    of course I would like that to create zones for pvp arena

18. From what I've seen, the zone flags are off by default. You would still have to define when to skip TruePVE damage checks, and creating a new flag for PVP zones is probably the most direct and simplest way to do so.
    I may have to build a FAQ which provides some more detail on ZoneManager integration and creating PVP zones, since I see there is demand for PVP zones.

EDIT:
    I've attached an example of ZoneManager 2.4.2 which integrates TruePVE. The behavior of this customized version has NOT been fully tested, and is more for your reference. You can search the file for "TruePVE" to see TruePVE integration, and for the PVP zone, you can search for references of "PvpArena".

For this integration, you must also turn both hookdamage and hookloot flags to false in TruePVE.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016
  19. Do turrets kill players with this? and there a way to turn that off and on for home security?

20. You can change that in the config

Code:
    "turret": false 
    This will disable turret damage, change to "true" if you want it the other way :)