TruePVE

Better PVE/PVP implementation

Total Downloads: 4,637 - First Release: Mar 25, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 7, 2018

5/5, 26 likes

1. No more issues that I know of. :) Thanks for the update.

actually though, I do have a question?

For the "testzone" {}

I know where the zone gets put in, but what goes in the {}

Not sure how to edit that. lol

2. You can leave it blank for normal Rust PVP behavior. Or, you can create a new custom mapping within that bracket - just like the contents of the "data" brackets above it, but only applied within the zone.

3. That's what I was thinking, just wasn't positive on that. Thanks.

4. Error while compiling TruePVE.cs(123,25): error CS1061: Type `ConsoleSystem.Command' does not contain a definition for `namefull' and no extension method `namefull' of type `ConsoleSystem.Command' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Code:
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Console: TruePVE.cs(318,8): warning CS0114: `Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.LoadConfig()' hides inherited member `Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.LoadConfig()'. To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword
    d:\xxgames\DanieleD\13860\Oxide.Core.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous warning)
    TruePVE.cs(358,8): warning CS0114: `Oxide.Plugins.TruePVE.LoadDefaultConfig()' hides inherited member `Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.LoadDefaultConfig()'. To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword
    d:\xxgames\DanieleD\13860\Oxide.Core.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous warning)
    TruePVE.cs(123,25): error CS1061: Type `ConsoleSystem.Command' does not contain a definition for `namefull' and no extension method `namefull' of type `ConsoleSystem.Command' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    d:\xxgames\DanieleD\13860\Facepunch.Console.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    TruePVE.cs(603,25): warning CS0184: The given expression is never of the provided (`HelicopterTurret') type

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2017
  5. have same problem with errors TruePVE - Failed to compile: TruePVE.cs(123,25): error CS1061: Type `ConsoleSystem.Command' does not contain a definition for `namefull' and no extension method `namefull' of type `ConsoleSystem.Command' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

6. @ignignokt84 I'm having the same errors they are, but for all commands like so:
    Command 'tpve.set handleDamage true' not found
    Command 'tpve.set handleLooting true' not found

7. For some reason I'm not able to upload an official update to the site (the upload js seems broken). For now, you can fix the errors by opening the TruePVE.cs and going to line 122, and replacing:
    Code:
    string cmd = arg.cmd.namefull.Split('.')[1];
    with
    Code:
    string cmd = arg.cmd.FullName.Split('.')[1];

8. So what about the tpve.set commands, will this fix it too?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Why are you splitting it though? You can get the name from arg.cmd.Name, the parent from arg.cmd.Parent, and the full command from arg.cmd.FullName. I can post the update for you, just not sure why you have it split.

10. Yes.
    Good call - using Name works just fine without the split... I must have copied that split from another plugin when I initially created TruePVE :) If you could post the update, I would very much appreciate it!
    Code:
    string cmd = arg.cmd.Name; // this works!

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated TruePVE with a new update entry:

12. To stop Flame Turret Damage:

Code:
    "traps": {
      "name": "traps",
      "description": "Traps, landmines, and spikes",
      "prefabs": [
      "spikes.floor"
      ],
      "types": [
      "AutoTurret",
      "FlameTurret",    // Add this line Under Traps
      "BearTrap",
      "Landmine"
      ],
      "links": {
      "player": false
      },
      "enabled": true
      },

13. ignignokt84 updated TruePVE with a new update entry:

14. Just updated server and getting this.
    Error while compiling TruePVE.cs(185,13): error CS1061: Type `ConsoleSystem.Arg' does not contain a definition for `connection' and no extension method `connection' of type `ConsoleSystem.Arg' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Do i need to restart to fix ?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated TruePVE with a new update entry:

16. 111111111111111111111

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
  17. Could you please explain what did you changed and/or which flag is used for an PVP-Area? I have to be blind...

18. TruePVE integration with ZoneManager doesn't use zone flags anymore, now the new procedure passes the zone ID to TruePVE, then TruePVE will handle damage appropriately based on the mappings in the zoneData configuration block. As an example, if you'd like a PVP arena where players can only hurt other players and nothing else can be damaged, then you can create the following entry in the config, where "pvpZoneId" is the zone ID:
    Code:
      "zoneData": {
        "pvpZoneId": {
          "global": {
            "name": "global",
            "description": "Global damage handling",
            "prefabs": [],
            "types": [],
              "global": false, // damage off by default
              "player": true // players take damage from anything
            },
          },
          "player": {
            "name": "player",
            "description": "Players",
            "prefabs": [],
            "types": [
              "BasePlayer"
            ],
              "global": false, // players cannot damage anything
              "player": true // players can damage other players
            },
          }
        }
      }
    With the new zoneData block, you can insert as many zones with as many custom damage handling configurations (like above) as you'd like - and you don't have to worry about adding tags or modifying the ZoneManager code to add/modify how zones handle damage. By the way, this also means that TruePVE can be used in conjunction with ZoneManager now. So you can set up a zone with custom damage handling through TruePVE, but also have zone flags applied.

Please note that if you still wish to use the old method of integration (where ZoneManager calls TruePVE), you can - but it is more difficult to maintain, and likely not worth the effort just to keep updating ZoneManager with the custom code/logic.

19. Keep updating this in the future please!! ;-) thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1486306130][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Can someone make a step by step tutorial on this? i am no programmer ;-)

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please do not attach random versions to plugin support threads, thanks.