StartupCommands

Moved

Total Downloads: 2,465 - First Release: Jan 13, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 28, 2017

5/5, 12 likes
  1. ok-now what?

Attached Files:

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It may have been ran too late. You could use cfg/server.cfg (not server/identity/cfg/server.cfg) to set it instead.

3. ok - I've followed the thread on this one - I have no server.cfg in that dir - I can create one - but how do I write the stability cmd - what is the syntax in the cdg - example please!
    Thanks!
    -SUE
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436407024][/DOUBLEPOST]cfg* sorry!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436407846][/DOUBLEPOST]Please be patient with me :( my server dir is as follows:

id/rustie/.........this is what is "before" server"
    in it are the following dir: cfg, save, storage, oxide

In the cfg dir here is the following: bans.cfg, users.cfg, serverauto.cfg

Is this the dir you are talking about?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, from your server root, create a cfg folder, and then the server.cfg in there. The file uses a single command per line.

5. My server is NOT on my computer or a dedicated server
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436408109][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't know where or what the "server root is other than what I described above - it starts with the server ID
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436408315][/DOUBLEPOST]oh - my server is on gameservers.com

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd need to contact your host to see about editing that file.

7. So sorry man - you have been really great! If the server had been on my computer your instructions would have been very easy to follow. Perhaps that is the reason so many are having trouble locating that file. Might be a good idea to inform users (like me) that you are referring to a dir on a dedicated or local server.

I see you everywhere. Your stuff is great and you, sir, are a gem :)

Thanks!
    -SUE

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The directory (and therefore instructions) would be the same if you had full server access like some providers give you. ;)

9. Nice to know - thanks! :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436447564,1436410076][/DOUBLEPOST]Wulf - I'm confused. I got a reply from my server ticket about setting stability to false - he said it was set to false by default. Which way should it be set to prevent my building from falling?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The "server.stability" setting defaults to true, I'm not sure why they think it defaults to false.

11. All I know is when I set it to "false" my building stays up. Thanks for clarifying that. My brain logic says we are both right and the support dude sucks! :(

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You could always check what it (or any command) is set to by default by typing it in the server console or RCON with no arguments, ex. just "server.stability", and it will show in the description what the default is generally.

13. Problem solved! Added +server.stability "false" to server config setup command line. Works perfect!

Thanks for all your help. I am very grateful :)
    -SUE

14. trying to do "oxide.grant group admin auto.commands" and it says it doesnt exist ... any ideas?

Update:

Got it to work still says doesnt exist but it added it to the group lol idk .... but now commands aire.tome or /aire.tome works fine and so does aire.toplayer [steamid] but the issue is aire.toplayer [name] doesnt work it always says player not found ... any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It added it to the group "admin", as that's the command you used. The Overview has examples for assigning to players as well.

For help with aire.toplayer, I'd recommend posting in that plugin's thread. More than likely the player name isn't right though, or they aren't online.

16. I did name exactly its a very simple name i tried exact then all lowercase and everything but nothing works only the steam ID works ... but I will post elsewhere thanks.

17. Hi people, can i set the server description and server image with this plugin?
    Just like:
    Code:
        "Commands": [
          "server.globalchat true",
          "server.stability false",
          "server.headerimage http://i.imgur.com/myImage.png",
          "server.description Welcome to my server\nEnjoy"
        ],
    Thnks in advance

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You should be able to, but you don't really need to. Rust provides a server.cfg for you to do this with as well.

19. thanks for your answer, my server is rented and i have a ftp to connect.. and i cant find that file.

Thanks again man, you are always there.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's under server/<identity>/cfg. If you don't see it, you'll need to manually create the server.cfg file there.