StartupCommands

Moved

Total Downloads: 2,465 - First Release: Jan 13, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 28, 2017

5/5, 12 likes
  1. and /cfg create a folder where?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

See the image.

3. I've got an entire server is D:\Server RUST

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Okay, the image still shows you where the folder is.

5. I have a new server, rather than the old

Attached Files:

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The image I gave you was for the new, just make the cfg folder in the root, and create the server.cfg inside that. That's where Rust looks for it.

7. I've done everything you told me that I prescribe in this file?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430210937,1430152293][/DOUBLEPOST]
    All established, it was necessary to preserve the UTF-8 configuration file plugin auto command. Now and in the server list on Russian name appeared.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yup, that's what I said in the first reply to you. http://oxidemod.org/threads/auto-commands.6413/page-2#post-82901

9. Wulf, looking for a bit of help here as I can't get Rusty to work. I'd really appreciate any advice.

I'm using Oxide 2.0 and autocommands to run the command on startup. I'm using a hosted solution (playrust.eu).

Here's my autocommands.json file contents:
    Code:
    {
      "Messages": {
        "AlreadyAdded": "{command} is already on the auto command list!",
        "ChatHelp": "Use /autocmd add|remove command to add or remove an auto command",
        "CommandAdded": "{command} has been added to the auto command list!",
        "CommandRemoved": "{command} has been removed from the auto command list!",
        "ConsoleHelp": "Use auto.command add|remove command to add or remove an auto command",
        "NoPermission": "You do not have permission to use this command!",
        "NotListed": "{command} is not on the auto command list!",
        "UnknownAction": "Unknown command action! Use add or remove"
      },
      "Settings": {
        "AuthLevel": 2,
        "ChatCommand": "autocmd",
        "ChatName": "SERVER",
        "ChatNameHelp": "HELP",
        "Commands": [
          "server.hostname \"MAYHEM | 2x RPG | Many TPs | 10x Gather | Clans | Active Admins\"",
          "server.globalchat true",
          "server.stability false",
          "rcon.ip 198.20.88.106",
          "rcon.port 28002",
          "rcon.password ##########"
        ],
        "ConsoleCommand": "auto.command"
      }
    }
    Now, my Rusty settings:
    IP: 192.20.88.196
    Port: 28000
    RCON Port: 28002

It just can't connect to the server, I see the following in the log:
    No connection :(
    Either the server you are connecting to is down or your server details are incorrect please double check.

Please note that my server provider says the Query port is 28001. I have also tried setting the RCON port to 28001 and changing the value in Rusty, it doesn't work. I've also tried disabling my Windows Firewall (no antivirus).

Any help would be super awesome.

Thanks so much,
    Artifice

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
  10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your RCON settings should already be set by your host, so there's no need to configure them. If you are having issues connection to it, I'd recommend contacting your host. This plugin is not meant to set those, and generally they need to be set when the server is first started. Rust Experimental also has a server.cfg that you can create, so this plugin doesn't really serve much of a purpose anymore. The settings in server.cfg are only used if they aren't already set in the command-line though.

11. Thanks Wulf, I'll remove the rcon settings and see what I can mess around with. Thanks for the tip on server.cfg, that seems like a much better solution.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Just make sure you are using the right file, as the server.cfg files that Rust generates under server/identity/cfg are never used. The actual location that Rust loads server.cfg from is directly in your root under a manually created cfg folder.

13. Yeah, I'm having problems getting this to work. I'm not using autocommands anymore and attempting to get the server.cfg to work. I saw another of your posts mentioning that it had to be in the root dir in a cfg folder. I ignored my server.cfg file from playrust.eu and created the cfg dir in root. Then I added the server.cfg file there - it did not work. I've also tried modifying the server.cfg in the server/identity/cfg dir and obviously that did not work.

Currently trying to figure out a way to make the settings stick. The server name was working fine with autocommands, it doesn't make sense as to why the settings in server.cfg won't save. It keeps defaulting my hostname to something other than what I have defined.

I wonder if this works differently because of the host. File directory looks like:

/usch10.playrust.eu_2800/ < This is where I manually created the cfg dir and it did not work
    /usch10.playrust.eu_2800/server/cfg < There is a cfg dir here, I tried putting server.cfg here and it didn't take either
    /usch10.playrust.eu_2800/server/PlayRust.eu/cfg < This is the default file that the host uses, again I replace hostname here and it doesn't take

Weird thing I don't understand is if the server.cfg in /usch10.playrust.eu_2800/server/PlayRust.eu/cfg isn't working, why does the server work? I would imagine without a cfg file that nothing would work. This leads me to believe this cfg file is actually the one that works, but for some reason server.hostname isn't taking effect within it.

Edit 1: When I try to create the root/cfg/server.cfg file, the server map then goes to Bootstrap. Note that my server name is still showing up as the default.

Then I get this exception:

[5/11/2015 3:15:15 PM] Couldn't load server/PlayRust.EU/save/Bootstrap_4000_1/0.sav - file doesn't exist

The only way to fix it after removing the cfg dir is to Steam Update again to force it back to the old map save.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The cfg files in the PlayRust.EU/cfg location may have settings in them, but Rust doesn't actually load them. It's hard-coded in Rust to look for the cfg/server.cfg in the root directory. You may need to contact the host for them to resolve it for you. Our community servers are hosted with PlayRust.EU, so I know it works, but they may have to change some settings for it to work for you.

15. Thanks Wulf, opened another ticket and will give it a shot. I appreciate your patience and responses. We're considering the server unplayable at this point since we won't have admin to ban/kick. I'm assuming the user config goes in the same dir as the server.cfg. Adding my entry into the current user.cfg doesn't work. Anyway sorry for jacking this thread, this thread is about autocommands. Thanks for your help, hopefully tech support will help me out.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

All other configuration files work where they are.

17. hiya @Wulf is there a way to have the script/plugin wait a little bit between commands, oxide.reload EventManager and oxide.reload ArenaDeathmatch are trigger to quick to let the console/server actually load them in the proper order, im only using this plugin for that since if the server crashes or dies somehow, my script starts it again, and i dont want to have some other plugin run them constantly on a timer, if not ill deal some other way then i guess

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not currently, but you could use the TimedExecute plugin.

19. Hi -I have read and re-read all the messages and I guess I'm a little slow. :(
    I have loaded the plugin and - since stability is set to default to "false" - I did NOT change anything. I then restarted my server. My building still falls down on re-start. It's fine until I restart - then it (the building) is missing the top and I have to keep redoing it. I have elevators to the top and I have to re-make those because the position changes with each new paste. Please help - been at redoing this building since the wipe and Thursday is fast approaching!
    Thanks
    -SUE

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please upload your latest oxide/logs/oxide_### file.