1. ydd

ydd

Hey wulf,thankyou for your help!The sever is open and stay stable.But one problem is I cant get connection,it said "Auth ticket failed basic validation, kicking player".(Both my steam and hurtworld client were running,my hurtworld cilent's position is E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Hurtworld) Another problem is I cant get my sever on severlist.Please help,thank you

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Make sure you are running the server from a separate install, and that you are connected to Steam with your client.

3. Hi, i'm hosting a server on a dedicated windows server 2012, i opened UDP port 12871 and 12881, me and my friends can see the server online on the list but we can not connect to it. Any idea what is causing this ?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Is 12871 the port you are using in your startup script?

5. Hello, yes :)

6. ydd

ydd

thx wulf,help a lot!

7. Hi, i'm hosting a server on a dedicated windows, i opened UDP port 12871 and 12881 and desactivated firewall, me and my friends can see the server online on the list but we can not connect to it. Any idea what is causing this ? (using the port 12871 in the startup script)

8. For me it just keeps saying SteamAPI_GameServer.Init() failed. pls pls pls help much apreciated

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you see that on a Windows server, you have a duplicate server running using the same port in the background.

10. thanks for the help but i checked it and it still wont work though any more tips :D

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you sure you are using a Windows server? The 64-bit Linux version of Hurtworld has issues connecting to Steam.

12. Hey can you please help me... if i start Hurtworld with oxide it crashes and then it restart and it crashes again :c
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452529111][/DOUBLEPOST]C:\Hurtworld\steamapps\common\Hurtworld Dedicated Server>hurtworld.exe -batchmod
    e -nographics -exec "servername Unconfigured;host 12871" -logfile "gamelog.txt"
    Code:
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.1711...
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loading extensions...
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loaded extension CSharp v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loaded extension JavaScript v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loaded extension Lua v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loaded extension MySql v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loaded extension Python v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loaded extension SQLite v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loaded extension Unity v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loaded extension Hurtworld v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Using Covalence provider for game 'Hurtworld'
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loading plugins...
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loaded plugin Unity Core v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loaded plugin Hurtworld Core v1.0.0 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Location was compiled successfully in 2132ms
    [Oxide] 5:16 PM [Info] Loaded plugin Location v1.4.1 by loborl
    Steam GameServer initialized
    eac_server.dll [x64] :: hModule: 00007FFEDFC10000 dwReason: 1 lpvReserved: 0
    Listening on port 12871.
    SteamServerConnected
    Loading level DiemensLand...
    Loaded 28 spawner configs with a total of 5840 nodes from cache.
    Level load complete. Operation took 15.3874409 seconds
    Loading server state from file autosave_DiemensLand
    Loaded 2 Player Identities Successfully
    This save was created at 1/3/2016 6:25:31 PM and will wipe at 1/3/2016 6:25:30 P
    M
    Loaded 3 Constructed Objects Identities Successfully
    And then it crashes

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
  13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Make sure you are using -batchmode, not "-batchmod" that you are currently using. Nothing in the log suggests the crashing is from Oxide though.

14. How to set max players above 60? I set maxplayers 100 in autocfg and it always maxes out at 60

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That isn't support by us or Hurtworld, the cap is at 60. Anything above that may be at risk of blacklisting on the server list.

16. there is a command to restart the server?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Only the "quit" command. Your server will restart automatically once shutdown if you use the .bat script from Oxide or if your host provides that.

18. i have the problem SteamAPI_GameServer.Init() failed. what i doooo :(?????

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That means either your server is unable to connect to Steam, or you may have started another server and it's running on the same port. Check your Task Manager for duplicate Hurtworld.exe processes and close them.

20. everything is closed ... try all methods of comments but nothing... y instal this

1. First you need to follow the steps Lynch already posted:

1) http://media.steampowered.com/client/installer/steamcmd.zip
    2) Unpack, run steamcmd.exe and wait
    3) Run steamcmd.exe
    3a) Type login anonymous
    3b) Type force_install_dir C:\hurtworld_server
    3c) Type app_update 405100 validate
    3d) [WAIT for the download]
    3e) quit

2. Now download the latest Kortal client and open the "Hurtworld_Launcher.exe" once. After that you can close it again ^^ the first start create some other files
    that you will need now.

3. Copy everything from the Kortal client except "Hurtworld_Launcher" and the folder "HurtworldClient_Data"
    (if you can see invisible data, you will see two other exe's : "Hurtworld.exe" and "HurtworldClient.exe" - don't copy these,too - so if you see these copy everything except Hurtworld_Launcher.exe, HurtworldClient_Data, Hurtworld.exe, HurtworldClient.exe)

4. Paste all the copied stuff in the server folder you downloaded in step 1

5. Click on "host_server.bat" / "host.bat"

soo for some of you guys this will work without problem and eac connection error, but...^^
    for me didn't this worked so I found another easy solution:

6. Download Oxide
    Oxide for Hurtworld | Oxide
    It's an API for hurtworld servers.
    (you have to register yourself to download...^^)

7. Copy the Oxide files into your server folder

8. Start the server with the oxide bat file

9. You have to execute the command in the server command line to deactivate the easy anti cheat module.
    If it's an "offline" server only for yourself or your friends you don't have to fear cheater so I think there won't be a problem if you deactivate it

10. Play with your kortal client and connect to your ip (yourself 127.0.0.1 or for lan your lan ip)