1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It should be visible in the server list if the port is indeed forwarded and open. If you can't find it in the list and nobody can connect using your external IP address, then the port is most likely not open still.

2. I just heard from a friend that because im using Fiber internet by a provider here in Denmark, that i need to pay a little extra a month for a Static IP - currently im not able to get on the Fiber Box - only my external router.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454572090][/DOUBLEPOST]So i somehow need to get that static IP or something like that, before i can get it running. That's what my friend says anyway. Maybe its just cheaper to buy a server instead. :p

3. How orther players can join to my server ?

4. hello i want to play with my friends how to my friends connect im my server

5. So I'm new to running a server and I followed your directions and for some reason, every time I open the batch file as an administrator, it either runs in the background, or closes instantly. Then when I just double click it, it opens but doesn't do anything. I added my batch file as a text document

Attached Files:

• host.txt
      File size:
      157 bytes
      Views:
  6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The vanilla Hurtworld server will not have a console, just a blank window.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1456196016][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Just open your server's port if hosting from home. Other players will see the server on the in-game list.

7. Ok, but its not showing up on hurtworld's server list, and I cant connect directly to the server. It kinda just sits there

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That would indicate that the port is not actually being opened. You could always try directly connecting your modem to your computer to see if it's an issue with the router as well.

9. I'm having a similar issue. I was able to port forward, and my server appears in the server list now. However, when I try to connect the game just shows that it's trying to connect, but never does. After about a minute it says, "Lost connect to the server". My friends can see the server in the server list as well, but are having the same issue when trying to connect.

When I use "connect localhost" in the console I connect fine and everything works perfectly. You have any suggestions?

EDIT
    My problem was that we were using the external IP address to connect while on the network. I can connect by connecting to localhost, my roommate can connect to the static IP, and people outside our network can connect using the external IP. We can all connect now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016
  10. Below is my output file if that helps.

Code:
    > connect 24.179.37.26:12871(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)Address + 24.179.37.26
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)Auth ticket initial result 55
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)Connecting to 24.179.37.26:12871...
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37).
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)Steam auth ticket valid
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37).
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)OnStateChanged() :: Connection lost to EAC backend.%
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)OnStateChanged() :: Connected to EAC backend.%
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37).
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)Lost connection to server
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
  11. I updated server hurtworld and oxide, now i open 100%, but not show in list and not connect...
    What is problem?
    Before I update was on normal and now I updated not the most :/
    OBS: I updated oxide!!!

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide doesn't control any of that. If you can't see your server, either the ports aren't open or it isn't fully started.

13. Check log plz?
    OBS: I edit port now.

Attached Files:

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't see any noticeable issues in your log that would indicate an issue starting the server. The last error in there is a common one, but I don't think it'd prevent your server from starting or being able to connect to it.

15. any idea on which ports i can use for hurtworld,

i have a server on 12871 , query 12881

what would be a port i could use for a 2nd server on exact same IP??

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Just change it to one above the others, ie. 12872. Make sure they are all open with your router though.

17. so 12872 and 12882 also for query?

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sure, that should work fine.

19. wht is f..ng goin on????
    win XP64.

not work plugins with *.cs
    log1.jpg

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

First, you are trying to use at least one game that is meant for Rust only, Fly by the looks of it. Try removing it and reloading all plugins with "reload *".