1. Yep, Lag started as soon as the weird blob loaded in.

Located at Center of map

Pic: 762381b7-012e-4c19-b0b5-19e49c8a29ac.png

I've unloaded BetterLoot and restarted the server, and I got 1 thing...
    999904b9-c2e2-48a6-a6ab-1b42e3c61702.png

Loaded Betterloot, INSTANTLY the Blob came back straight away, rejoined- got stuck on RETRIEVING DATA for quite a while, loaded in eventually this time..

Next step?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1459684453,1459528787][/DOUBLEPOST]@Calytic I saw your plugin which tried to remove the entities around 0,0,0 which unfortunately doesn't seem to fix this. Could you re-write it to stop any new entities spawning around 0,0,0? - I'm guessing OnEntitySpawned?

-unload betterloot
    -restart
    -load your 0,0,0 block script
    -load betterloot
    -blob should not come back?

2. Yes unloading better loot, does fix problem but i need a BetterLoot table. Can we fix BetterLoot?

3. I removed BetterLoot for half the day today and still had people all day long getting stuck on receiving data

4. Did you restart the server to remove the blob?

5. Yes but I can't even find that blob and I've looked all over under the map for the last couple maps

6. Did you compare your player location to 0,0,0 either using location plugin or the overlay. You should see something even if its blob or just the 1 thing.

Also those players that get stuck on "Retrieving Data" use the find plugin to tp to there sleeping body, are they near the center of the map?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460058496,1460034274][/DOUBLEPOST]Even easier, Use "/tp 0 0 0" Straight to the blob !

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2016
  7. Can't download Better Loot now? says You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The thread is still there, the download isn't as it hasn't been maintained. If someone would like to keep developing it, just let me know in the plugin's support thread, not here.

9. Ok, nevermind the lag has started again at the blob, when /tp 0 0 0 stuck on Retreiving Data and after 5 minutes, i load in and Rust crashes every time. problem has returned ... Weird... it's not fixed :(

10. Good day!
    I have the same problem as described in the topic.
    [​IMG]
    However, I do not have the plugin BetterLoot.
    [​IMG]
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460227372,1460209915][/DOUBLEPOST]So we just figured out - this mess at 0 0 0 is spawned when any plugin trying to give you items but you have full inventory. In our case this plugin was "Kits" - it has no check whether you have free space or not.

And seems like some time ago guys figured out how to delete those items and protect players from entering this zone, but not found the true reason of this issue. :)
    Random objects in center of map? | Oxide

11. Nice find, yeh i setup a zone manager @ 0 0 0 to eject players now, but the protection area covers a Huge radius (overlaps some radtowns) so players get a bit annoyed.

Weird why loading betterloot would cause a full inventory scenario , maybe it overloads Loot crates. I'll have a play tonight.

I'm surprised how under investigated this issue is, it happens on practically every modded server i've ever been on.

12. I just tried a wipe where I fully removed BetterLoot. It came back. I even made sure none of my mods or I did not throw anything under the map.
    I think we can rule out BetterLoot as being the culprit and possibly plugin.

Does anyone not have EventManager and gets this glitch? I'm thinking maybe it's a temporary store client weapons, etc. before the events? Maybe when players crash during events or dc, the items go to the middle of the map?

On one of my wipes, someone mentioned it was a hacker doing some sort of lag switch. I went around /remove ing all the bases in the "blackhole." There was one base in particular who had their players game banned. I /removed their base and INSTANTLY the FPS shot up. Players were able to not "lag" in the area but if anyone teleported in/out, they got stuck again.

Since then- I've deleted several bases in the middle but no luck :(

13. Same problem after the update, can anyone raise this with Garry if it's not an oxide problem?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  14. Same problem. How to fix guys??

15. Having this problem on my server as well. I know Alistair is aware of it. On my server, it's only weapon attachments spawning at 0, 0, 0.

EDIT: We don't use BetterLoot, but do use Kits (for events only) - so players inventories are stored in a database and deleted before kits are given, so I don't think it's overflow from their inventories.

16. If players log off in the center of the map on your server, they will be unable to reconnect and stuck on Retrieving Data. This isn't just a lag problem but game breaking.

we're pretty certain the issue doesn't exist for a short period of time after a server wipe, then the loot builds up @ 0 0 0 overtime, where the game client can no longer handle it. We know kit/betterloot make the issue worse , surely someone can have a go at creating a block script for new items at this location? - though i understand after the loot is spawned it can't be deleted using entity.KillMessage();

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2016
  17. I think the items may build up over time, but some are there on fresh server wipes. I've talked to a lot of people, and they're having the same problem on a fresh wipe. Really getting frustrating. :(

18. Yeah, it was there for me today on a fresh wipe, bunch of items like rocket launchers, bucket helmets, spears, etc.

19. Same here,
    "normal" dump
    x.JPG

and after receiving some kits with full inventory

x2.JPG

Maybe old versions of the GUIShop (without the inventory full check) and some plugins that block crafting/researching of stuff could cause this also?