1. No problem :) Btw cause you have Authlvl 2 I guess, thats why you can enter the zone and nothing happens to you ;) This is why I ordered my admins to stay away or get b*lls cut ;) And about radius, we tested it alot on our 5k map and still we got all (I mean not all, me and my friend we have no lags but others haves when they get near raidus 40, so we have 50, we have also notifier advert about this so people are warned, but still, everyday there is some stupid one who is trying to get there, I was thinking to spawn in my inventory for 100 Turrets give them full ammo and let guard the zone :) but again, my other admin calm me down cause we are not in battle zones lol :D

2. Calytic

Calytic Community Admin Community Mod

Here you go.

Attached Files:

3. Will this clear the center or the whole server?

And whatever it does thanks for the work :p.

4. Only the center.
    That script destroys every entity within a radius of 1 around v = (0, 0, 0).

5. Thanks, then i understood the code correctly but wanted to make sure. thanks for the info.

Thank you a bucketload.
    One of the other owners wiped the server so today it dont fix anything but it will make sure we dont get this problem again.
    Thanks.

that reminds me i goto bugreport on entityowner. gonna find the thread and see if its not reported.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457627699][/DOUBLEPOST]sadly this plugin didnt work.
    The stuff in the center isnt "regular" entitys im guessing. it removed like 20-40 entitys first time run and then 0. so i increased the range and it removed more but still no big numbers, a few hundred.
    And thats only because there is houses above 0 0 0 :).

Any other ideas?

6. Calytic

I think that this may be a client issue. The entities in question do not always appear to be at (0,0,0) server-side but when they are sent to the client the position isn't updated correctly and appears to client at the default vector3 (0,0,0)

7. Wich means.. its something we actually cant do anything about because facepunch goto fix this glitch im guessing.
    Thanks for trying.

8. I think its also worth nothing that every item (at least on my server) is an actually item with a texture and shape. There are no little brown bags like say what appears when you drop sulfur, or code lock.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457804510][/DOUBLEPOST]I take that back. When I restart my server, all the of the items in the center are gone except : 4X Scope, Holosigh, and Silencer.

Now it renders those items as they actually look on a weapon. If you were to drop them in the game, it would only drop the brown bag. Weird.

So on my other test server:

I restarted your server and its loading, you get a line of code:

[03/12/2016 11:36:23] Destroyed 13 old entities

I did this on a test server I have own and the only thing in the middle before I restarted was a Building Plan (again, a brown bag drop, but it was rendering a blueprint image). There wasn't 13 entities just one. So IDK.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2016
  9. Hello,

I saw a post on this before but I can't find it, Basically a few players are getting really bad lag in the middle and then crashing. If you log out there you get stuck on Receiving Data, Is there a way an admin can kill a specific sleeper using a plugin? I don't want to use NoSleepers because it kills all sleepers.

10. Anyone got an answer for this? Same Issue here

Don't want to use the NoSleepers ideally...

11. Wow this happened to me last night. I went to the center of the map and TP'd a guy to me. He was sitting there on receiving data for a long time. I didn't attempt to do anything in game I was just waiting. Noticed the lag and restarted my game and now I can't get back in. I think I might be stuck in admin mode and invulnerable since I've tried calling multiple airstrikes on my location and I just won't die.

Any ideas?

12. Calytic

Yes, this a known Rust issue. It is client-side and there is not anything we can do except wipe.

13. Yeh you timeout, the Shop plugin just gave me $367,546 for being alive 35 hours haha

That is of course after my timedout body was eaten by a bear so i could rejoin.

Would be good for zone manager to kill everyone inside that "Bad Zone". Does any developer know why it gets caused ? This has happened since a long time, i remember this like a year ago. We need a fix plz, either server command to kill the sleeping/timedout player, or a zone to prevent players entering the area.

*EDIT*
    This happened on my server after a fresh wipe, 1-3 players. I tpd to a player , run up a hill and both disconnected unable to rejoin.

14. I found way to get around this if you can't get another player to kill you. While you are loading the server before you get to Receiving Data open the console and type kill. I did this about 5 times to make sure it went through.

15. I tried this before too, but my game was lagging so badly i saw like "error layer 24" and inventory loading in console but i couldn't type anything in. :( I would love to be able to do something like server.kill player

Next time i will try 5 times :p

16. It was pretty laggy trying to type some times but I just closed the console and re opened to be able to type. I did see something like that error layer 24 in my console at one point during the loading.

17. Nice find, would make sense a plugin causes this issue. Never seen the issue happen on a vanilla servers, and it's definitely affected quite a few modded servers i've been on with this problem - it is hard to find when the issue occurs though.

To troubleshoot that it may be bugged loot drops, is there a command or plugin which we can remove all loot which isn't being stored. I believe the timeout doesn't affect the bugged loot drops, i've seen it before and stayed the entire time even after a server restart. lol.

18. Calytic

That may be a possibility though I think BetterLoot uses the standard MoveToContainer and does not do anything funny. In other words, it is likely that if this is an issue only on modded, it's not a problem with any individual oxide plugin but rather Rust itself. Disable all plugins that use MoveToContainer or RemoveFromContainer or item.Remove and then see what happens.

19. I have that same blob of stuff. I noticed my servers entity count climbs rapidly. It was at 500k. Just wiped two days ago with a new map and its already over 100k!