1. When I get to the center of the map, I experience a lot of graphical lag. I found this in the dead center of the map, under the terrain. It's clear what it is, it's a giant pile of objects such as spears, guns, rocket launchers, etc. The mystery to me is they are all stuck to this box. I have no idea what it is, but I am guessing that it's some sort of way to dispose of objects in a timely matter. The server has been up for 5 days straight.

Once you get close to this (In the middle of the map) and log out, you are basically screwed. You can't log back in at all.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
  2. It's a 0,0,0 point and that's sort of normal behaviour. Seems like these objects is in default position.
    Probably they are stay there to be reused later or something like this.
    Just ignore them, they do not harm.

3. It is harmful. Anyone that logs out around the center of the map can no longer login again. They get stuck on the "receiving data" screen.

4. TGR

TGR

Nice find, very interesting. My server also has severe lag near those coordinates which is also where the airfield is. The prior map also had bad lag there but the airfield was not there. Players will occasionally lag out and disconnect due to "k_EAuthSessionResponseAuthTicketCanceled" and will sometimes be unable to rejoin. They either:
    A) Get stuck on recieving data
    B) Join, press any key to wake up, and crash to desktop.

A server restart has been the only fix I have found to get them back in.

5. That is identical to our issue.

6. TGR

TGR

7. Are your air drops being dropped in the center of the map?

Use object remover to remove those objects. The objects at 0,0,0 is not normal. Dont leave them. They will effect performance. After the objects are removed the players can log back in.

An alternative to resetting the server is to edit the UserPersistence.db and delete the line for the player...(their steam id) Thats if they dont care about starting over. I have no solution to helping if they care about their stuff. Tried everything to prevent them from losing items. They still lose stuff.

http://oxidemod.org/plugins/object-remover.1213/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
  8. TGR

TGR

Negative, airdrops are being dropped at various places around the map at random.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440126611,1440091235][/DOUBLEPOST]I tried using that plugin, doing remove all, and those items are still in the center of the map.

9. For the record, I went to 0,0,0 on my server to check for this and there was nothing there.

10. TGR

TGR

Hmm, if you don't have it then I wonder if a plugin is causing this or if it's the map seed. I would say the airfield but the seed we ran in July had the same issue at those coordinates with no rad town nearby and the airfield was fine. Could a plugin be spawning, or despawning, items in such a way? For example, maybe loot in airdrops or crates/barrels that I don't have enabled just gets dumped there? I know absolutely nothing about coding and this sort of thing so I could be, and probably am, way off with this guess.

Maybe when an admin throws items out of the inventory while under the map or in a mountain, those items collect there? It's late and I'm just throwing guesses out there.

Oxide Version: 2.0.1302, Rust Protocol: 1310 (went back to 0 0 0 after the update today and it's still there)
    server.seed 1623844
    Plugins
    1. FriendsAPI
    2. AirdropOrganizer
    3. AntiCheat
    4. AutoDoorCloser
    5. BetterChat
    6. BetterLoot
    7. bettersay
    8. BuildingOwners
    9. Clans
    10. CompassGUI
    11. countryblock
    12. CraftingContrller
    13. DeathNotes
    14. GatherManager
    15. Give
    16. helptext
    17. HuntPlugin
    18. Kits
    19. m-Teleportation
    20. m-Time
    21. NoDecay
    22. notifier
    23. PlayersOnlineGUI
    24. Prod
    25. radline
    26. RemoverTool
    27. RulesGUI
    28. SkipNightVote
    29. StackSizeController

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
  11. When items are dropped under the map (either by a bug or manually as an admin, I get this kind of msg in the log shortly after:

Code:
    Invalid Position: assets/bundled/prefabs/items/generic_world.prefab[9646926] (-567.2, -5029.7, -939.6) (destroying)
    Invalid Position: assets/bundled/prefabs/items/generic_world.prefab[9646924] (-603.3, -5023.6, -885.7) (destroying)
    Invalid Position: assets/bundled/prefabs/items/generic_world.prefab[9646922] (-749.8, -5031.1, -954.5) (destroying)
    Invalid Position: assets/bundled/prefabs/items/generic_world.prefab[9646920] (-483.8, -5029.2, -764.7) (destroying)
    Invalid Position: assets/bundled/prefabs/items/generic_world.prefab[9646918] (-604.2, -5006.4, -836.8) (destroying)
    Out of your list, those that would stand out as possible culprits are AirdropOrganiser, BetterLoot, Kits, and possibly teleport.

12. TGR

TGR

Ah, I get that message as well but never made that connection.

I'll look into those plugins and see what I can drum up.

Thank you for the assistance.

13. TGR

TGR

I'm at a loss, and have more info.

I was observing the random pile just now, and for a couple seconds saw the red outline of a code lock being placed. When it disappeared I asked if anyone had just placed a code lock and sure enough someone did.

14. i hate to necro a old threat but this is very much still a thing.
    Anyone getting close to center of the map gets "fps lagged" and if they want to do anything they goto relog. but the relog gets stuck on "reciving data".

The only way to fix it for that player is to teleport him/her far away the instant the person enters "reciving data" on loading screen.
    It however dont fix the problem the server has.
    UNTILL.. a complete wipe. and thats not something anyone wishes to do.

So anyone know what is the cause of this and how it can be fixed?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457557958,1457545763][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually now the center is littered with people getting crashed off server, and then unable to reconnect.
    im killing sleepers to try and help it but its not really a fix.

Anyone got an ideas on how to fix the 0 0 0 voidzone?
    i would love to be able to clear everything there.
    i got there and saw 2 codelocks and i did get a option to "unlock".
    But i cant get there for more then a second or a few before i get a complete rust shutdown.
    The facepunch forums only seem to have "i got banned.. i didnt cheat.. much" and other random complaints.
    So i doubt its even read much as it is totaly filled with garbage sadly (not easy to be a facepunch staffer i would think).

But anything i can do to fix this, as its crashing the SERVER aswell on occation.
    Would be very much appreciated. i really dont want a wipe :D.

15. I am using Zones Manager for Rust | Oxide with aguments "eject true killsleepers true" and nobody so far entered ares i want to protect from "rustmans" , also you can use zone manager with PrivateZones for Rust | Oxide but thats 2 plugins that will do same thing as the 1st (Zones Manager)

16. well yea thats one way of stopping people from going there.
    will probably have to set that up (already using zonemanager for deathmatch games).

Its yet another "quickfix" but not a real solution.
    Will still do this tonight to protect players that enjoy playing with us.

Thanks

17. Well yeah, but still better quick fix than server laggs ;) Also forgot to mention, Give it some good radius depending on your world size (we have 5k world and my radius for that zone is 40 or 50)

18. just 50 meters? or whatever the unit is on the server.
    That dont seem like alot. and i think i have had the "bug" trigger further away then that.
    but i will do some testing. thanks for the info.

19. 50 is enough, I mean for us :)

20. Well 400 is what i set to get a safe distance to the 0 0 0 coordinats.
    The "issue" comes around 250-350.
    If i get to around 250 while flying and as authlevel 2 (owner) then i get the issue with the "fps lag breaks".
    So if i right away fly back away from the center and stops around 400 and just waits, it seems to calm down after a minute.
    But if i stay to long inside the 250ish area, i get bugged.

As a admin i can still fly in and out of the zone without getting pushed out.
    But im guessing that is simply due to... me beeing admin :D.

For anyone else trying to accomplish what i have done here is the ZoneManager.json file.
    It is not perfect, and arena is obviously for our deathmatch arena ;).
    But the FORBIDDEN zone is the one dead center of the map where people get DC problems.

Code:
    {
      "ZoneDefinitions": [
        {
          "name": "Arena",
          "radius": 80.0,
          "radiation": 0.0,
          "Location": "1076.215 700.0404 -2141.917",
          "Size": "0 0 0",
          "Rotation": "0 0 0",
          "ID": "70296121",
          "enter_message": "Mini",
          "leave_message": null,
          "enabled": true,
          "flags": "AutoLights, PveGod, UnDestr, NoBuild, NoTp, NoGather, NoWounded, NoDecay, NoDeploy, NoKits, NoCorpse, NoSuicide, NoBleed, KillSleepers, NoStability, NoUpgrade, EjectSleepers, NoPickup"
        },
        {
          "name": "FORBIDDEN",
          "radius": 400.0,
          "radiation": 10.0,
          "Location": "0 0 0",
          "Size": "0 0 0",
          "Rotation": "0 0 0",
          "ID": "70296121",
          "enter_message": "LEAVE. or you will crash and unable to reconnect!!",
          "leave_message": "You have now left the dangerzone. but keep moving just to be sure!! the center is NOT safe. FACEPUNCH bug sadly",
          "eject": true,
          "killsleepers": true,
          "ejectsleepers": true,
          "flags": "Eject, KillSleepers, EjectSleepers"
        }
      ]
    } 

Hoping this fixes it for now, but i am guessing since you just need 50 while i require atleest 300-350..
    I will need to wipe soon, on a "no wipe except forcewipes" server.
    Not really my idea of nowipe and certainly not fun :(.

i am on 8mbit internet right now also, this may be a extra piece of information as to why i need more range before i get bad problems.
    And it dont seem to be regular fps lag either.
    The whole game is frozen for half a second and then 1 second of free movement and then half a second freeze.

But for anyone wanting this quickfix.
    install ZoneManager and then paste my "code" into the ZoneManager.json file in DATA folder.

And thanks again for the info Brko™