Magic Loot

Simple components multiplier & loot system

Total Downloads: 13,494 - First Release: Nov 13, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 2, 2017

5/5, 44 likes
  1. by component list you mean the list under DATA? it's already there with a value of 3000 (my stack size), but it only drops 1

2. No in the configuration file this time.

3. doesn't work either... wierd

4. Used correct shortname? Scrap isn't listed as a component internally within rust that's why it isn't automatically on that list.

5. yeah, but maybe it's not a component. but on vanilla definetly drops more than 1, and i'm only multiplying componentes... so i don't know why it's dropping only 1 unit on barrels and 5 units on crates :/ it's very wierd.. or maybe it drops 1 in vanilla and im mistaken, y don't know... i'll check it in a vanilla server now.

EDIT: MY BAD, in vanilla it does actually drop 1 scrap in barrels and 5 scrap in crates. so fuck me LOL. wierd thing is, why doesnt it drop 3000 scrap (not that i want it to drop 3000) like it did with pants and barricades etc..?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  6. Because the limits are only for EXTRA loot for getting an amount to give. Add scrap to component list and it will work fine, I've already tested and it works.

7. Can I increase the rate of Scrap?

8. Where can I edit rarity list?

9. Hi, I am busy changing the amounts in the DATA file but I would like to know something. If I put items in the excluded list of the Config file will it at all affect air drops. Because waterpipe shotguns are appearing in barrels if I put the in the excluded list will it affect the Supply Drops?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1499176059][/DOUBLEPOST]And could the stacksizecontroller plugin affect the creation of the data file? Because I see everything is set to 50000. I see others in the thread are like 200000

10. Also, the stacksizecontroller is affecting my Magic Loot, i put the Magic Loot in the plugin folder, and the barrels stay very overpower, and when i see in the data folder, the items quantity is the same of StackSizeController's plugin ;-;

11. 1. If extra items are enabled, does it enable it to all barrels, boxes, and airdrops?

2. Say if i enabled extra items, i would goto data/magicloot.json to remove items that i don't want to appear on the loot i would simply just remove that particular line? ex. "Wood", 10000

12. so this plugin sets a vanilla item multiplier. Is there a way to add custom items and separate each boxes such as military crate/purple crate/trash piles?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1499399853][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there a place to set it's rarity of the item list? Since sulfur, weapons and guns don't usually spawn on crates in vanilla, how do we know what rarity they are for each of those items?

13. good day kind mr plugin developer sir... this plugin is indeed a useful plugin however, it is causing my server to lag terribly... why is this? i have even lengthened the period between refreshes yet still the lag is present... im 93.6 percent sure that it is this plugin as in rust admin it show's magicloot has bleh bleh and at those times my server lags for around 1-3 seconds... i removed it and lag is gone... did i perhaps do something incorrectly?

14. why is it that when i enable extra items even barrels spawn guns? i thought this plugin was meant to be whatever's vanilla and up the rates of that only. How can I spawn guns for military crates only and not on barrels? If so, how?

15. With the new loot box above the Rocket monument, does this mod need to be adjusted to ensure that populates with the right goodies? I'm being told it's not populating with anything good.

16. Just wanted to say I am having this problem, but I already adjusted the /data/MagicLoot.json with the numbers I want. Do I need to somehow initialize the changes in the file? Because I am still getting stacks of several thousand for items that i only have set to 1. Or do I need to do a server wipe? I was wondering if the problem is that the containers I am finding were already spawned before I made the changes. Any thoughts?

17. Problems I get using this plugin

1. When setting all the food such as caned bean, corn, and all other food to the value of 0 in data/MagicLoot.json , players cannot eat those types of food anymore for some odd reason. But the food harvested such as chicken and bear meat would still work.

2. gears(component) seems like the spawnrate of that is very rare and uncommon for some odd reason. Can you lower the tier-list down or allow users to set the tier-list for certain items themself? Because it is certainly not correct as vanilla where the gears(component) are much more common in vanilla.

3. Is the author of this plugin still alive? I understand this is a free to use plugin and you have not received a paycheck for each download. I'm willing to support you more if you can give better solutions to this plugin.

Things to consider: Create a section for each type of crate and separate them with barrels so it would be more interesting for players to look for a certain loot. Say for normal rockets for example, the spawn in regular barrels too often if extraitems were set to True. That would be a turnoff for players to look for military crates since they can get the best item in the game with barrels only.

18. Yes, he is for sure...Means not he does answer back onto every thread every day.
    Maybe better act instant and don't talk only!! Otherwise it's nothing but hot air :p
    You can support him directly over the button at his MagicCraft plugin page ;)

19. am i the only one who got a problem with this?
    When i loot a crate or a barrel i get like 43k sewing kits and such things!?

20. The scraps do not loot except 1 or 5 while I pass it in x100. Is this normal?