Magic Loot

Simple components multiplier & loot system

Total Downloads: 13,494 - First Release: Nov 13, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 2, 2017

5/5, 44 likes
  1. Nice work Norn,

Thanks for hearing me out and letting us remove stuff from the loot tables! Really glad you made it!

The thing is, MagicLoot also interacts with the Heli Crates and makes it in some cases worse than vanilla.
    I dont want like 4 rockets from barrels or crates but I also dont want only 1 rocket from the heli, you know?

That would be a major change that would make this plugin perfect to finish in terms of features for me.

Thank you very much for the latest update! Keep up the good work.

Best regards,
    Ideal

2. It shouldn't make them worse by any means, I mean it literally just collects a list of rarities used in that container and adds items based on those rarities. So if you get a good airdrop you're going to get good extra stuff of that quality and vice versa for bad drops.

The amount it gives is based on what you've set the limit as in the data file though, it could be more than 1 rocket.

But for sure I'll look into ways of improving it, or add an option to disable modifying heli loot at all then you can use alternative plugins to modify HeliLoot without interfering with MagicLoot.

3. emmmm... crates and food boxes keep droping like 2397 bullets, 2397 pants... and thigs like that LOL plus most of the times i only get 1 scrap from barrels :/

the only cofings i modified from default were:

* MultiplierComponents --> 2
    * AmountMin --> 2 (no sure if this changes the amount of items in a container, or the amount of each item in the container)
    * PreventDuplicates --> true (if i understand correctly this makes the added items different right?)

that's all i changed

EDIT: oil barrels also drop crazy stuff in ridiculous amounts

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  4. Good afternoon my english is not very good I would like you to make a video how to properly set up the magic loot. I still can not configure it properly. Because he is staking 100000 items and this is not correct. I would like you to teach how to set it up with the vanilla loot increased by X number. Is it possible? Thank you

5. You could have possibly read the instructions, set the limits in /data/MagicLoot.json

You need to set limits in /data/MagicLoot.json

6. lol.... but why is everything set to 3000 by default?????

7. Because the limits by default are based on stacksize, so if you chuck it on a setup that has modified stack sizes then it'll be incredibly large.

8. oooh, ok, now i see, makes sense. thanks! and in the list what is the meaning of stone, wood, sulfur.... does it apply to containers? or is it the quantity on nodes? i'm kinda confused

9. Only containers, there are items on the list that will never drop. It depends how they change the vanilla loot tables, this plugin is just vanilla+

10. ok, great thx!!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1498760747][/DOUBLEPOST]does the plugin set different amounts between barrels, crates and weapon crates? like... if i set shotgun ammo to 15, max will be 15 in barrels/crates/weapon crates?

11. So first of all, loving the plugin, it's does almost everything I want it to do!

I do have some questions though.
    I've noticed that extra stuff spawns in food crates, oil barrels and a regular crate (on a trash pile), ... Although normal barrels are fine, no issue there.
    So here is the question, how can I prevent stuff from spawning into crates, food crates, ... that isn't supposed to be there?

I've already tried to exclude them, but that basically fucks up alot of other stuff (no ammo spawning in heli crates and so on)

12. That's the way it was coded to be. Extra stuff was always meant to spawn in food crates etc. Extra loot works by adding rarities that already exist in a container to a list and then adding new items based on those rarities, containers etc which contain components don't have rarities.

"To disable specific items from being added simply change the limit to 0 in /data/MagicLoot.json."

I don't mind answering questions but if you read the thread you'll find them already answered ten fold

13. we do read them, but as you will understand, many of us dont speak english, although we do our best. thats why sometimes, even though we read the overview, dont get things clear.

14. I understand, just didn't ever expect this plugin to get to 20 pages as it's only a few hundred lines.

15. I've tried that but when I did it caused problems as I mentioned above, I might just not use the plugin for what it's supposed to work, but this is by far the best plugin i've encountered so far.

Maybe you could have an solution for it, What I'm trying to do is basically just double all the components that are dropped. What is possible with your plugin, but the extra stuff isn't what I want.

16. Just set components multiplier to x2 and then turn "MultiplyOnlyComponents" to true in the configuration file and that's it.

17. That's the first thing I did, and like said, does what it's supposed to do. Everything works the way I want it to, just the extra items are "messing" it up. If I exclude them or '0' them, I.E. rockets, ammo, ... doesn't spawn in heli crates anymore

18. Oh I see, change "Enabled" to false under "Loot". Extra loot is literally just an add on not the core of the plugin.

19. this way it works as we wanted it to, but there is a problem, now crates only drop 5 scrap, and barrels only drop 1 scrap :/

and what does "Multiplier" multiply exactly?

20. I haven't really played since scrap got added, if it's a component it should multiply. If not just add it to the components list and it'll work the same way.