LootChests

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,131 - First Release: Jan 29, 2016 - Last Update: Jul 17, 2017

5/5, 16 likes
  1. i have the same problem. i take my last item out of my crafted chest and the chest goes away. :(

2. i dont know why plugin didnt work ...

3. This was by design people.....There was a problem when people were taking away the empty chests to their bases, filling them with loot, then they would despawn at a later stage.....

If you just change the line where it says Destroy on Empty to false, this will leave the chest up when you empty it....

And keep the plugin up to date - if you haven't, it will have lots of errors.

4. Plugins to a new worry when to remove an empty chest he also removes the empty chest of the other players!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
  5. This despawns other random empty chests as well... Please fix!

6. Noviets updated LootChests with a new update entry:

7. Thanks Noviets, will be testing again today...

Just before I installed this update I noticed something that was interesting:

I had a pre-made chest in my base - has been there for weeks and survived lootchest spawn/despawn for ages.
    I was emptying this to move it, when the LootChest spawn message appeared on screen (normal timer - every two hours)....just as I took the last item out of the chest, it despawned. (My lootchest config was set to true for dest chest on empty)....

So, I was going to wait until after the timer ran down and lootchests despawned to see if this happened again.....but I just saw your patch, so going to redo and will test later today :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455445768,1455367035][/DOUBLEPOST]Quick basic question for anyone here: Regarding "Starting Points"

What does the numbers: -3000, 45, -3000 relate to exactly guys? I understand it is probably an X, height and Y location on the map, but I don't have a map which shows the grid locations - as I say - very basic question but it is an honest one......I'm looking to spawn chests in four areas really:
    newbie/forest biome/snow biome/desert biome so anyone help me with that? (in random locations)....

To keep it simple, I would spawn 40 chests, in random locations, across the full map

Thanks in advance.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455456067][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, not sure but I think I've broke it :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455456640][/DOUBLEPOST]Aye, I've broke it. I was running LootChests, LootCOnfig and SpawnConfig, I updated spawnconfig to increase the drop rate of crates in rad towns.....the LootChests stopped spawning.

I have now removed all three plugins, re-downloaded LootChests vanilla and just reloaded this.....the spawn messages work, but no extra chests are spawning on the server :(

8. You're probably just not noticing the recent patch change.
    If you have DestroyOnEmpty set to True they are LootCache not StorageChests
    Until I can figure out how to independently set DestroyOnEmpty to a certain chest instead of all of them, this was my temp fix to stop people from losing their storage chests till I get some time.
    If you turn it to False the chests will spawn instead like normal.

9. So, to resolve my issue, I should use "DestroyOnEmpty" = false? Going to re-download vanilla and get started again :)

Thanks Noviets :)

I've also been thinking about how can we stop the wrong Chest from being destroyed, but it' a pretty harsh scenario to think about....

You'd have to somehow "flag" the spawned chest as a spawned chest, but to do so, would probably require the game developers.....

One way I thought as a workaround is to have CRATES fall from the sky (spawn), instead of a usable item in the game....Would make it a little more difficult to find however (as the loot chests are great from seeing at a distance).....

10. Both will spawn the exact same way (same locations, same loot etc). The only difference between them is DestroyOnEmpty changes to a lootcache (the same as the ones that spawn in the towns, or dropped by players).

Neither box (with true or false set) will be affected or have any impact from what your spawn/loot config is set too, other than the box auto-destroying the difference is just the appearance of the box.

11. Is it patched ?
    Can i reinstall the plugin ?

12. dont works on my server all installer after patch :/ dosent works why ? i will user add me to commande for use
    lootchests.admin

and say in chat /lootchest add 135 55 = unknow commands

13. "LootChests is not loaded" when you try :
    /reload LootChests
    ?

14. There's nothing wrong with the plugin for the latest version so just double check that you've put the LootChests.cs into your oxide/plugins/ folder

15. i write command and server say unkdown command

16. mmh have use /reload LootChests this say reloaded

add item

wait 30 Minutes 0 chest spawned restart change to 10 minutes agains 0 spawn

17. It's all working guys - please go back, re-download the plugins and re-install. You MAY have some plugins that are conflicting (I was using SpawnConfig/LootChests and LootConfig) and my spawns all got messed up...I just re-downloaded them, applied them one at a time, tested it then applied the next plugin....

18. I have try it, so...

When
    Code:
    "DestroyOnEmpty": true,
    The chest not spawn, only items spawn :
    http://puu.sh/nbfEs/c22012809c.jpg

When
    Code:
    "DestroyOnEmpty": false,
    If you take the chests, and if you have the chest when it disappears (SecondsTillDestroy), you keep the chest.
    BUT if you have take the chests and placed it into (for example), your house, the chest disappears.

I hope you understand my bad english.

Noviets, i like your idea of "DestroyOnEmpty", but it doesn't work. Can you update it please ?

19. Yep, set to Destroy on Empty=False, but do not use the chest - I personally put an advert (using adverts plugin) on my server to tell players to either destroy the chest manually after emptying it (drop the chest on the floor and walk away), or exchange 5 chests for a storage locker with the server admin....The advert also states that the chest MAY disappear when the timer runs out, so not to use this as a personal storage chest. (Also tested crafting a chest and leaving one item inside it - the chest disappeared when the timer ran down)....All of this is stated somewhere in the previous 6 pages, so try and manage/find the balance that works for your server.....

Your english is fine :) I understood it well.....hopefully you can make sense of what I said above :p

20. Mmmmh...
    http://puu.sh/nbBb3/213f98b28e.jpg
    ^^