LootChests

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,131 - First Release: Jan 29, 2016 - Last Update: Jul 17, 2017

5/5, 16 likes
  1. Noviets submitted a new resource:

LootChests - Spawns storage chests with set loot across the map

Read more about this resource...

2. Awesome man! It works!
    Here some things I noticed:

1. As soon as the timer to destroy the chests is reached they do not appear again unless I reload the plugin.
    Its possible to make the plugin reset itself? For example, if I set the timer to destroy the chests to 3600 and the timer to spawn 10 seconds, after the 3600 seconds have passed, it will count more 10 seconds to spawn chests again, and so on.

2. I found a problem, if the plugin starts and spawn the chests after the time, sometimes the timer to destroy don't work and then all the chests that were spawned will remain, because if I reload the plugin it will destroy only the new generated chests.
    Its possible to implement a command that will manually destroy all of the spawned chests to prevent this? (I had to delete the save to get rid of all chests

3. Can you explain to me how MaximumRange and MinimumRange works? Its the distance between the chests or what?

4. Item configuration and Item spawns:
    I added 7 items to the configuration:
    Code:
    {
      "20": 10, /*coal*/
      "20": 15, /*coal*/
      "49": 1, /*Hunting Bow*/
      "23": 12, /*Animal Fat*/
      "25": 2, /*Owrong*/
      "25": 5, /*Owrong*/
      "141": 1  /*Shitty TShirt*/
    }

I tough correctly adding more than one item with different quantities right? This means that sometimes the item will spawn on a chest with the first given quantity and sometimes with the other quantity, and sometimes will spawn both correct? Because I have ItemsPerChest set to 3 and I found 2 of the same item in some chests, even with the item quantity set to 1. Item 141 for example, I found 2 of the same item in some chests.
    Its possible to spawn only the given quantity of the item, so if I set ItemsPerChest to 5, and have 30 items on my item list, it will not spawn the same item more times. I say that because it will prevent spawning more than the quantity of the given item.

5. Its possible to make chests spawn on top of rocks?

6. "Chests will not spawn on top of buildings or cliffs."
    By cliffs you mean slope terrain?

Thanks again for making this plugin! You are awesome!

3. [Oxide] 4:19 PM [Error] Failed to run a 30.00 timer in 'LootChests v1.0.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 4:19 PM [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.LootChests.<ChestSpawns>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

4. Noviets updated LootChests with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1454057930][/DOUBLEPOST]
    1) I've just fixed the boxes not respawning, I had that turned off while testing (I had a 10s timer on it while testing so they were just constantly spawning and despawning lol)

2) The chests should be destroyed everytime they spawn, I take a look to see if I can find the problem.

3) The minimum and maximum range is from the StartPoint. Say for example the start point is the corner of a box, the minimum and maximum range would be the distance away from that point, from the minimum, to the maximum distance away from that point that you set. Here's an image to explain how it works: http://puu.sh/mNUD0/8231c0af76.png

4)Items can only be added once right now. But I will update the plugin later like this: "20": 10-20, /*coal*/ so you can have between 10 and 20 coal.

Please keep posting bug reports. The earlier I fix them the less people need to deal with them :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454059484][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay there's a few bugs I need to fix, please bare with me.

5. Noviets updated LootChests with a new update entry:

6. Noviets updated LootChests with a new update entry:

7. @Noviets can you make it possible for the chest to disappear when items are taken from the chest?

8. It is not working for me. ''plugin not loaded'' restarted the server 2 times already.
    Any ideas whats up?

<FIXED> It was a problem in the server Oxide directory.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  9. Can i spawn chests manually?

10. Nope, but you can change how they work in the config file.

11. That should be fixed with 1.0.2. Are you using that version?

12. mhh i have download at 4h00 pm ^^

13. Just to make sure, did you read my suggestion? :p

14. getting no errors but also not getting anything in chat saying anything spawned either? so i dont even know if they are..i added items using the commands but still not seen anything

15. Sure did, not a bad idea
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454093144][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If you have show messages to true, it should tell you when they spawn, if it is true, and it's not saying anything. There's a problem.
    You can also type "rcon count chest" in the F1 console to get a total count of all the chests, may help you to determine if they are actually spawning.

Did you change any of the config?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454093212][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You can "spawn" chests manually by using the console command. I believe it's "StorageChestDynamicConstructed"

16. its says 121 chests but seen nothing in the chat..let me go remove it and load it bk in again and watch what happens

17. If you haven't changed the config it's going to take 2 hours before the chests spawn

18. i changed the config to 1 hour but it still didnt happen but i just deleted the cs file and reinstalled and instantly in chat "chests have spawned" ill keep an eye on it thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  19. You can try to set it on 60 seconds first, /reload and then wait to see the text popup. Then change it back to 3600 seconds and /reload again.. Voila :)