Kill Feed

Displays a basic Kill Feed on screen!

Total Downloads: 17,786 - First Release: Nov 9, 2015 - Last Update: Oct 27, 2017

5/5, 36 likes
  1. I also have had an issue where KillFeed crashed and unloaded when a scientist was killed, spammed the console in errors.

Got rid of that issue by simply changing the killfeed from displaying deaths but woundings.
    Code:
        "1.3 Eligible For Entry": {
          "1.3.1 animals": false,
          "1.3.2 player deaths": false
        },
    Setting both of the above to false does the thing and KillFeed works.

2. Then you don't get any deaths. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a killfeed?

3. Obviously I’d prefer it to display deaths, but as long as there is no way of disabling scientists completely that they do not spawn, displaying woundings seems enough for me. We can only hope that the creator returns and updates this plugin. But for the time being, I believe that solution is efficient. You can always switch to a different kill messages plugin, but I chose not to.

4. So I think the issue with scientists not displaying is on my server for some reason, when killed by or when killing a scientist there is no name tied to the entity, so Kill Feed displays "Blank Icon+Distance Player".

I added the Bradley APC, and the Scientist to the Kill Feed cs file, and also the json file. Just search for NPCnames, or NPC names in the json and .cs file and you will find something similar to this.

This is found in the json file. Its similar, but different in the .cs file
    Code:
    "3.5 NPC Names": {
          "scientist": "Scientist",
          "bradleyapc": "Bradley APC",
          "bear": "Bear",
          "boar": "Boar",
          "chicken": "Chicken",
          "horse": "Horse",
          "patrolhelicopter": "Helicopter",
          "stag": "Stag",
          "wolf": "Wolf"
        },
    I personally added scientist, and bradleyapc myself, but only Bradley APC seems to work, though I am having an issue on my server with scientists so I think it might just be my server.

This is what displays when a scientist kills me.
    https://float.li/08e69b678f6f.png

This is what appears in the console.
    [Mz] Shaun[1832127/76561198004380119] was killed by [2141185/4244661]

5. Someone PLEASE fix the white boxes?

6. on every Kill i get this entry... but Killfeed works fine?!

Code:
    (15:43:38) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityDeath' on plugin 'KillFeed v1.17.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at Oxide.Plugins.KillFeed+StringHelper.RemoveSpecialCharacters (System.String str, System.Boolean[] characters, Boolean flag) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KillFeed.FormatUsername (System.String username) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KillFeed.GetKillFeedEntry (Oxide.Plugins.EntryData entryData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KillFeed.OnWoundedOrDeath (Oxide.Plugins.EntryData entryData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KillFeed.OnEntityDeath (.BaseCombatEntity entity, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KillFeed.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

7. Getting this a lot in console
    Code:
    (13:00:42) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityDeath' on plugin 'KillFeed v1.17.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
      at Oxide.Plugins.KillFeed+StringHelper.RemoveSpecialCharacters (System.String str, System.Boolean[] characters, Boolean flag) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KillFeed.FormatUsername (System.String username) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KillFeed.GetKillFeedEntry (Oxide.Plugins.EntryData entryData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KillFeed.OnWoundedOrDeath (Oxide.Plugins.EntryData entryData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KillFeed.OnEntityDeath (.BaseCombatEntity entity, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KillFeed.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (Oxide.Core.Plugins.HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2018
  8. Anyone else get disconnected for Flooding on Player Tick when reloading the plugin?

9. where can i modify this please:
    Imgur

I dont found where is in .cs or .json file...

Code:
    C:\rust\server\my_server_identity\oxide>grep -nr francisca .
    return nothing

10. Lay out your plug-in .cs ????
    Post an update to the plugin

11. anyone got a modded kill feed json they wouldnt mind sharing ?
    Im after it showing the kills in top right hand corner if possible

I think ive suzzed it out a bit but im stuck on this

"2.1 formatting": "{initiator} Killed {hitEntity}{distance}",

it shows tomhud Killed Boar 5.7 meteres then the icon of the gun

How do i remove all the icons so it only shows this

Tomhud Killed Player 5m

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2018
  12. I dont Test it but is it not better use DeathNotes for just text kills?

I use KillFeed just only because they have the icons what i like :D

13. deathnotes doesnt fit in any of the corners so good.And in Killfeed i hate the icons :)

14. Change this setting to zero: "2.4.2 icon half-height": 0

15. How can one add scientist kills to the kill feed? Awesome plugin btw, our folks love it!