Item Skin Randomizer

Randomizes item skins on item creation

Total Downloads: 18,536 - First Release: Sep 2, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 6, 2018

5/5, 64 likes
  1. Permissions, please? itemskinrandomizer.allowed not working anymore. :)

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It has never had permissions.

3. Oh, ok. Thank you both for your prompt reply. :)

4. Houston, we have a problem...
    2016-11-18_13-54-31.png 2016-11-18_13-54-47.png

5. And armor

6. Thats not a plugin problem.
    Your second picture tells YOU, that your client did'nt download the update skins packages.
    Even if you would have already downloaded those packges, that it currently would'nt also be possible to get those additional skins by random crafting until FacePunch decides to change the current system of implementing new skins..

7. I know that this is not a plug problem. Just I thought it might be Mughisi knows another way to get approved skins. That's what's strange... Some things we see - all skins. And for some - no... Perhaps this is a problem Facepunch code...
    2016-11-19_13-28-14.png 2016-11-19_13-28-29.png
    And my previous screenshots tell me that packs with new skins already installed because I can not see the blue caps. But these skins I have not bought...

8. What do you mean? They're in the game, they aren't unapproved workshop ones. They even have ApprovedSkinInfo or whatever the hell it is, which means it's quite easy to implement, and I haven't tested it yet but I'm assuming he's saying that for some reason this plugin is failing to give the proper skin(s).

9. All these new skin numbers, which are not found in der SkinDirectory of an item, will not be applied. You can just assign rthose numbers, but they will not take affect. Thats the problem. Items have so far only one skin attribute, and thats only changed by skins taken from the integrated skins directroy :)

10. Well, yes, this is true in the older skins, but the more recently added skins have a workshop info that stored in Rust.Workshop.dll, and has it's own list. It's even used in the code of this plugin.

11. Used or not, they have no effect ;) Thats the prob
    The "Item.Skin" Field does only work with the inbuilt skins, not with the workshop ones.
    Everyone thinks thats all to do, but it is'nt ;)

12. do please support permission.

13. So creating the item with that skin ID? Works for me.

14. Which skin num and Included a "visual" check for that skin on the client?

15. I think we lost each other somewhere, lol. The way I have done it in my private plugin is very similar to how this plugin does it. Rust has a list of the skins, with the skin directory, as you know. That's for the old skins, and the new ones directly from the workshop that are *approved* and can be bought are also stored in a list that is inside of Rust.Workshop.dll, you can access this just like you would with skin directory, and pick randomly or specifically. In my case, I re-create the item with that skin ID and it works.

I wasn't talking about the un-approved ones, and you don't need any "visual check" or whatever you may be thinking of.

Nevertheless, this is becoming quite off-topic considering this is a thread specifically for this plugin. ;)

16. Yea, maybe going a bit away from topic.

In conclusion what i wanted to say, was: Its not possible by simple taken a skin number of approved skins to force every approved of them them serverside to be applied on items :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2016
  17. Hi Guys
    Not sure if I'm reading correctly, does this mean that all new skins will not work with this plugin, as I see the Official Vertiigo Hoodie but it will not let me craft it.. or is it just a update required for the plugin