Item Skin Randomizer

Randomizes item skins on item creation

Total Downloads: 18,536 - First Release: Sep 2, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 6, 2018

5/5, 64 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, the skins have to exist as actual workshop items, and they do not exist yet when they aren't accepted. The server and client will not be able to get them otherwise.

2. I appreciate the quick response! Thank you.

3. After some time, some Skins are gone
    [DOUBLEPOST=1478697042][/DOUBLEPOST]All the boxes were colored

4. and once again this plugin needs updating

5. Not sure what to say but it works without issues here, do you have any errors in the logs? Is the plugin loaded? Any other plugins that affect crafting that could interfere?

Tested with hoodies: http://i.imgur.com/gQThLIw.jpg?1

6. I think the new skins aren't actually loading, I assume that's what he's referring to.

7. They are actually loading just fine for me :s

8. Using your plugin, after crafting (for example) a MP5A4, the skin ID changes, but the skin does not actually change. Not sure if this is even related to the plugin, because even manually spawning the item with the skin ID in my testing doesn't work either.

Appears to also happen with the facemask, as another example.

EDIT: In the F1 console, it even mentions it didn't download the skin. No idea why it's happening, but certainly not related to this plugin.

EDIT 2: It works if you spawn by workshop ID, but the ID this plugin gives is not the workshop ID but seemingly the one from the item store.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  9. Can permissions be added to this plugin? :) Some people love the skins, but others would love to opt-out. Thanks if this is possible!

10. So I had another test run with a couple of items and for what I can see it works on some items and not on others whilst they are all skinned so as far as I can tell this is related to this: RustUpdates on Twitter
    Wasn't planning on doing this, I'll think about it.

11. yep this is what i was meaning! not sure if it is working on my server yet as i haven't played in a couple days to fine out

12. So was Garry being over confident when he said:

"The way we approve and ship skins is different now. We download them from Workshop on demand. This allows skin authors to tweak them after they’ve gone live, removing the burden from us and putting them in complete control. This has other advantages to becoming more moddable. In theory server mods could force unapproved Workshop skins on certain objects."

If so that's a real shame...

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

He's got it right. I didn't realize they were accessible via Workshop now, I don't really follow skin stuff much.

14. Oh great! Well I look forward to a mod for it, It would be really helpful for filming cinematics.

15. error on new version:
    Code:
    00:01 [Error] Error while compiling ItemSkinRandomizer.cs(42,74): error CS1061: Type `Rust.Workshop.ApprovedSkinInfo' does not contain a definition for `ItemName' and no extension method `ItemName' of type `Rust.Workshop.ApprovedSkinInfo' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

16. Does not randomly spawn the newest skins, just the same ones as before this update.

17. also does this for me!

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Item Skin Randomizer with a new update entry:

19. [Oxide] 17:05 [Error] Error while compiling ItemSkinRandomizer.cs(42,83): error CS1061: Type `string' does not contain a definition for `ItemName' and no extension method `ItemName' of type `string' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

with the new update this is the error i get

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Download the latest, you are outdated.