BetterLoot

Moved

Total Downloads: 42,622 - First Release: Feb 26, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 20, 2018

4.95699/5, 93 likes
  1. Yes, and they do :)
    Its meant per container base. When the plugin fresh loads, all container do have the same timer, and will (if not looted) all be refreshed at the same time. Every new meanwhile spawned container does refresh also after 15 minutes, but on 15 minutes later then its 'spawn'-minute.

So by time you get thsoe results, as many containers did spawn in different minutes.

2. arhhh, excellent... thanks squire... muchly appreciated as always :)

3. You're welcome

4. Code:
    [Oxide] 18:56 [Error] Failed to run a 0.10 timer in 'BetterLoot v2.11.3' (JsonSerializationException: Cannot deserialize the current JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) into type 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]' because the type requires a JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) to deserialize correctly.
    To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) or change the deserialized type to an array or a type that implements a collection interface (e.g. ICollection, IList) like List that can be deserialized from a JSON array. JsonArrayAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON array.
    Path 'AllItemsAvailable', line 3, position 24.)
    [Oxide] 18:56 [Debug] at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureArrayContract (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract) [0x00000] in :0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.Object existingValue, System.String id) [0x00000] in :0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in :0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue (Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty property, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConverter propertyConverter, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Object target) [0x00000] in :0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject (System.Object newObject, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.String id) [0x00000] in :0
    How can I fix trhis??

5. It seems all my crates on top of the sphere are gone... can anyone help me understand why?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1482828727][/DOUBLEPOST]...also what is this setting for: "seperateLootTables"

6. Delete your configs.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1482841606][/DOUBLEPOST]
    >>> BetterLoot for Rust - 2.8.0 | Oxide

7. Never mind it works :) operator error

8. Its more the missing docs...but time its short between coding and fixing....thats why it's always good to go back through the patch-notes, i do write down there the most important informations and changes.

9. Hello all, im wondering if there is a way i can make certain components or items more rare than others so they spawn a little more / less?

Any help on this would be great as i have many items spawning way to much and others very rarely.

**I know in default config there is a base chance rareity but an example of this being written would be helpful.**

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
  10. Use this >>> ItemConfig for Rust | Oxide

11. Yeah. Or you could buy Fujikura's AlphaLoot plugin that incorporates item rarities and has more customisation options. :p

12. Id be willing to do my part to support the plugin that way

@Fujikura ?

13. Fujikura - Users - CodeClerks

It's on his signature. Check it out and see if it suits your needs. As soon as I saw it I bought it because it just does everything you want it to. And it does it really well. Had zero issues with it thus far. Well worth the money!

14. Otherwise i would'nt tell you ;)

15. Hi guys! Fuji thanks for taking the time to work on these mods. I'm relatively new to server modding so please bear with me.

The loot dropping out of barrels is vanilla loot. (I.e. I don't even have wood and metal frags on the barrel list and it's still showing up as a drop.)

Version 2.11.3
    Trying to replace the default LootTable.json with my own. I have deleted the config/reuploaded my own. I've copy and pasted the entire config from notepad++ directly into the edit page on our server control panel, and I've also reinstalled numerous times.

Is my formatting incorrect? Using Notepad++ as json editor.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22125790/Selkies Rust/BetterLoot.json

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22125790/Selkies Rust/LootTable(Drew).json

Thanks for your time

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2017
  16. I GOT IT. Any other users experiencing the problem where the loot goes back to default, you probably have extra shit in the code. Double check for commas, colons, extra letters. a few extra commas/wrong names were making the plugin not work at all for me. Best of luck.

17. Whoops... I forgot to take a look for you. Sorry. Could have saved you some time there. :/

18. No worries thanks for the reply. While I have you here. Any idea what plugin I use to set static amounts for the items in the barrel. As in always 10 arrows drop instead of 1-10? Thanks again

19. Fujikura has a paid version called AlphaLoot. Perfect alternative. It drops a consistent amount of each item as you set, it allows you to chang item rarities individually as well. It's excellent, not only that, it supports the developer.

Check it out on his profile and click on his CodeClerks link. Hopefully it's exactly what you're looking for.