BetterLoot

Moved

Total Downloads: 42,622 - First Release: Feb 26, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 20, 2018

4.95699/5, 93 likes
  1. I'm willing to support the dev, but for now I just need to find a plugin that will let me edit the quantity of the items in the barrels and crates. All my searches have lead to to itemconfig and lootconfig, but these addons are only letting me change rarity, instead of setting a static amount that's lootable.

2. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any plugins that can do this in conjunction with loot plugins. The loot plugin itself will be controlling which items spawn and how many unless of course the plugin specifies otherwise that it has been designed to modify loot.

I have used AlphaLoot for a while now so I really haven't needed any more functionality since the plugin does it all. :/ sorry I cannot be of more help to you.

3. No worries, looks like I'm swapping to alpha loot in the near future. Thanks for the help boss

4. Anyone has a good config for the loot? Im new in rust and i dont know what is usefull and what is not xD

5. Using this plugin with AlphaLoot config is a beast. Thanks, you did an amazing job on this.

6. The defaults are already cleaned up by some crap and are nearly like the vanilla values. You might need to decide byself which load-out fits your server environment, as many owners run different types of loot which should be found.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2017
  7. Nailed it! Couldn't have said it better myself.

8. anybody help with this since update its throwing this out and when i try change llot table it just fails to even work at all.---
    Failed to run a 0.10 timer in 'BetterLoot v2.11.3' (JsonSerializationException: Cannot deserialize the current JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) into type 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]' because the type requires a JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) to deserialize correctly.
    To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) or change the deserialized type to an array or a type that implements a collection interface (e.g. ICollection, IList) like List<T> that can be deserialized from a JSON array. JsonArrayAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON array.
    Path 'AllItemsAvailable', line 3, position 24.)
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureArrayContract (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.Object existingValue, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue (Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty property, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConverter propertyConverter, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Object target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject (System.Object newObject, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [BetterLoot] No stacked LootContainer found.
    [BetterLoot] Internals have been updated. Populated '269' supported containers.

9. Hey,
    I'm not getting that with BL 2.11.3, oxide 2.0.2883 and rust 1122.63 (1949)

Remove /data/BetterLoot/LootTable.json and reload

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
  10. i mean it works with the default loot table but as soon as i try change it to my own with components etc it just fails to even work at all, before rust update it was all perfect.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483735162][/DOUBLEPOST]im with clan servers so i dont have full access to all files iv tried removing the plugin restarting server then adding it again i just get the same error
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483735176][/DOUBLEPOST]clanforge*

11. Sorry - I edited my post above. I meant LootTable.json.

Check the formatting between default and the one you've been copying in.
    I suspect they're different. Thinking about it, I had to redo the LootTable.json not long ago because new version list barrels and crates separately, I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
  12. The error you're getting means that you need to delete the items in your data folder. I'd backup the folder, delete it from the server and manually paste back in the loot table items you want...

Data folder found here: server/your_server/oxide/data/

Delete the whole BetterLoot folder inside there and it will solve your problems.

EDIT: You don't have to delete the whole folder if you really don't want to. All that needs deleting is NamesList.json. However, when I used the plugin I found it better to just delete the whole thing and paste in the loot items I want from scratch.

13. i dont have that folder its all done through clanforges website i only have access to the json files

14. Clanforge should also allow access to your server via FTP. If so, download FileZilla and access it through that.

15. not sure tbh but they do have decent support team so i have just asked them to do it there usually pretty fast at responding, thanks for the help guys :)

16. Dammit... :(
    Always stick with your gut. :p
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483737862][/DOUBLEPOST]If you are able to replace the loot table then you have access to the right folder or, at least, its contents.

17. Had this problem for a while.. Loot crates arent spawning in rad towns anymore.. The crates and drums around the map spawn in just not in the rad towns.. Any idea? Thanks in advance

18. You could try using SpawnConfig. A word of warning though, the plugin default doubles all prefab spawns by default and is tricky to get right if you use a large map size value...

EDIT: You could also try spawn.fill_populations and travel to a Radtown to see if any spawned just on the off-chance it works.

19. Not a BetterLoot issue, it does not control the spawn times, it does only control the content.

20. Getting this error after today's update:

(11:40:52) | Error while compiling BetterLoot.cs(219,24): error CS1061: Type `LootContainer' does not contain a definition for `isDestroyed' and no extension method `isDestroyed' of type `LootContainer' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?