Backpacks

Moved

Total Downloads: 15,963 - First Release: Oct 30, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 6, 2018

5/5, 49 likes
  1. Rebind B to open backpacks?

2. bind b backpack.open

3. @LaserHydra, I got a question about your code. Especcially lines 54-57.
    Code:
                public StorageSize Size =>
                    Instance.permission.UserHasPermission(ownerID.ToString(), "backpacks.use.large") ? StorageSize.Large :
                    (Instance.permission.UserHasPermission(ownerID.ToString(), "backpacks.use.medium") ? StorageSize.Medium :
                    (Instance.permission.UserHasPermission(ownerID.ToString(), "backpacks.use.medium") ? StorageSize.Small : Configuration.BackpackSize));
    Why you are checking backpacks.use.medium twice? Shouldn't it be
    Code:
                    (Instance.permission.UserHasPermission(ownerID.ToString(), "backpacks.use.small") ? StorageSize.Small : Configuration.BackpackSize));
    ?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1497789970][/DOUBLEPOST]Also - visual model like this looks better, as I think:
    Code:
    var ent = GameManager.server.CreateEntity("assets/prefabs/weapons/satchelcharge/explosive.satchel.deployed.prefab", new Vector3(0, 0.35F, -0.09F), Quaternion.Euler(0, 0, 0));
    And by the way - the backpack visual model just dissapers after a short period of time. Is this normal?

4. Nice catch, thank you.
    Normally it should not disappear, what do you define as a "short period of time"?

5. Well... idk, about 30 seconds. After the time passes the charge makes a sound like it failed to explode and disappear.

6. Greetings all,

First i would like to thank
    @LaserHydra for the great plugin and @everyone who have helped in fine tuning it.

I am having an issue and not sure what to do. I added the permissions as instructed for myself and the default group but only I am able to open the backpack. I gave default both backpacks.use and backpacks.medium.use to no avail.

I would greatly appreciate some thoughts if possible. Thanks!

~FoX

7. I failed - People didn't properly bind B

My bad everyone

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2017
  8. on open or close I suggest adding code to remove an item from the backpack data file if quantity = 0.
    One of my players couldn't open their backpack today. I couldn't view it either. I looked into the data file and it looked like one item had 0 quantity. I think they ate something and closed it right away.
    Code:
    (06:37:59) | Creating item with less than 1 amount! (Black Raspberries)
    (06:37:59) | Failed to call hook 'BackpackOpenCmd' on plugin 'Backpacks v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (06:37:59) | at Oxide.Plugins.Backpacks+BackpackInventory+BackpackItem.ToItem () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Backpacks+Backpack.Open (.BasePlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Backpacks.BackpackOpenCmd (.Arg arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Backpacks.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2017
  9. Have a damaged item?
    Repair it. HP goes up but Max HP is reduced.. hence the red bar.
    Now this is why I'm posting here haha...
    Put the item with the red bar into your backpack.
    Close the backpack. Open. Take the item out.
    The condition is the same however the red bar is removed.
    Repeat until full HP.

edit: im only posting this to get it fixed. was only brought to my attention this morning

10. i've known about this for a while haha, ive just kept quite, i think its cools and im using it on my server as a little easter egg for my players once they find out you can do it xD

11. Anything to limit the bacpack stacks instead of limiting the stacks of the server?

12. Rustafied‏@Rustafied
    Coming tomorrow: Bodies turn into backpacks after about 5 minutes for better performance and longer times before despawn!

So maybe we can use death backpacks instead wooden boxes but if they drop overlap...

13. wouldn't get your hopes up, im still waiting to see if there is a way to have a command to wipe the backpacks instead of deleting the folder

14. I always delete files on wipe days. Why do u need a command for it?
    And I can use new death backpacks as a backpack but if they drop overlap... :D just wondering

15. I run a server which is weekly wipe with other plugins which all require data to be wiped or they overlap with each wipe, they all have a wipe command and it just makes it so much easier. So pretty much just for ease of use really. I think it would look pretty cool with the new backpacks on the players back

16. Hopefully now that Rust has a bakcpack model in game Laser will change it to that model instead of satchel. :D

17. u can also change it

18. Hi, could you make the vip backpacks do not drop and for the rest of the players, yes?

I came up with this idea and I think it would be interesting.

19. First off, amazing plugin ! Thanks to Laser

Second, i'm having one issues with it, i'm having the backpack in my vision while im walking/running
    The backpack is not on my back but more inside me, on the side.
    Bug.png
    Anyone can help ? Or anything i can do to remove this backpack skin and have a little skin so it will not destroy my vision !
    Thanks, i'mma check the .cs in VS maybe i'm gonna find it before i have an answer :)

20. there's a config option to disable the visual. your players will get used to it. not sure about actually fixing it
    maybe this line? var ent = GameManager.server.CreateEntity("assets/prefabs/weapons/satchelcharge/explosive.satchel.deployed.prefab", new Vector3(0, 0.35F, -0.075F), Quaternion.Euler(0, 90, -90));