1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you can't use the F1 menu, then you're not properly setup as owner or you have a plugin installed that is preventing it (likely the first though). If you can see your auth level in your RCON/logs/console when connecting, then you are properly setup. Make sure that the ID you see when you connect is what you have added in your users.cfg or via the ownerid command.

2. Thanks a ton that fixed it

3. I recently rented a server. I have rusty up and added myself as owner etc. I can give myself items and all through rusty but I can't seem to get any commands to work through f1 console ingame. I've spent a good 3 hours trying to figure it out. Is there something else I need to do? My server is Rust experiential.

4. 1) make sure your account is marked as an ownerID (ownerid <steamid> <name> <reason>)
    2) execute the command server.writecfg
    3) disconnect from the server & reconnnect. You now should be able to spawn items via the item menu and use administrative commands such as noclip

5. hey wulf so i dont know if you have answered this before but when i put in all my info in to settings the connection light changes to green but still says not connected but when i look at the console it says im connected but i cant see any players on the server though and i dont quite trust i am connected cause ive tried chatting and seeing if it would come up and it doesnt. what do i do to fix the connection problem and if i am connected why are people not showing up?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd suggest making sure your RCON port is open for TCP and that there are no firewalls blocking or interfering with it.

7. As Im going through setting permissions, I decided to hop on my server and test a few things. I tried a command I had not set a permission for yet, and I was still able to use it. My assumption is that as the owner, I have access to every command even without manually granting them? If that is the case, does admin automatically assume permissions as well? What about moderator?

Also, what exactly is the difference between the admin and moderator groups? Do they come standard with different permissions? I didnt exactly find anything different about them.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most plugins do not use the auth levels in Rust, instead they use Oxide's permission system. You can see how to use that here: Using the Oxide permission system | Oxide.

9. So, I've been trying to make myself admin and I've read through a good number of these threads on this forum and I still can't make myself admin.
    I'm using my own machine as a server and tried to use the ownerid steamID64 name, followed by server.writecfg and I don't get a confirmation or anything like that. RustAdmin or Rusty won't connect and both are allowed through my firewall.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017
  10. And all you had to do was scroll up and your answer was right there

11. No need to be rude. Had you read, you can clearly see that I did read and nothing has worked.
    But thanks for nothing.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Where did you use the commands initially? You would get a reply if they were used in some way or another via local console or via RCON.

13. According to what I've read here and online, F1 in game if I'm using my machine as a server. I did that, then left the server and restarted it. Nothing changed. I tried using RustAdmin and it doesn't connect for some reason. Same with Rusty.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can't add yourself or anyone as admin via F1 if you aren't admin, you'd need to use RCON or the local server console itself.

15. My above post was a link if you clicked on it you would of seen I was helping not being rude

16. I purchased a server from FPSHosting as I only wanted a small server for me and some friends, the issue is that I want to spawn in drops using the FancyDrop plugin. However my web console is not working and I cant input the command there, also I cannot make myself an owner because the web console isnt working. Is there any way I can make myself an owner on my server using the server files themselves? This would really help me!

Also while I am here, how do I add a password to my server?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017
  17. add me on steam ... ;) (same avatar)

18. Ah, ok. I've tried to use RustAdmin and I've entered all the necessary information, but it connects and then quickly disconnects.
    I haven't found a reason as to why this is though.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1491254078][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Unfortunately, the information your link yielded didn't help either. :/ I can't seem to get any RCON to successfully connect.
    I've no permissions set, firewalls etc are set to allow all connections.