1. How do I remove someone's moderator status

2. Using Filezilla, connect to your server, goto server/host/cfg. Remove entry in user.cfg.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Or just use: removemoderator ID and then server.writecfg in your server's RCON or console.

4. hello how do i delete someone from having admin? iv done "unownerid thereId Name" multiple wont it wont work. i also when to the users file there it shows admins and totaly deleted that person, and restarted the server multiple times but they ar still admin.

5. use command: removeowner steamid
    and then don't forget to writecfg after.

and if you are manually deleting them from the user file, shutdown server, remove steam id you don't want, then start server back up.

6. in rcon type
    removeowner steamid64
    server.writecfg
    then get player to relog or kick them if they wont

7. So I understand this (RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.port 28015 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 +rcon.password "changeme") is what would have to be put into the config files with fragnet or what ever hoster the server is ran with. But I'm not 100% sure with what would go into each section. Like the rcon.port, and rcon.ip how do you know what goes into these areas? Sorry for seeming kind of dumb I'm new to running rust servers and dont want to have an epic failure when I start out.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most of those you mentioned you wouldn't be touching if you are hosting a shared hosting provider.

9. Which ones would I need to change then/ add into the files to use Rusty Rcon tools? Sorry again for asking so many question.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Rusty is an RCON client; RCON is native in Rust.

11. JMJ

JMJ

Hey, Wulf. I have a weird issue. I have added another admin to my server. I have done it the correct way.. Over and over lol. Server side he is good to go. But, I cannot for the life of me get the client to pick him up as admin.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did they logout and rejoin the server? Does the server show them as auth level 2 when joining (if not, they were not added properly).

13. JMJ

JMJ

He did log out and back in. The server does not show him as auth level 2. Your directions are simple and I have done that exact process over 20 times now. He has full admin pwoer server side. Can run commands and use all rcon features. As simple as this process is, I dont understand what is going wrong.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Does their Steam ID you see in the console/logs when connecting match what you added either under users.cfg or via console?

15. JMJ

JMJ

I think thats the problem, Wulf. Just pulled his steam id myself and it does not match the id in the users.cfg. Once he comes online today, I will confirm that this was the problem and post back here. Thanks man, this was driving me crazy.

16. WULF one question. How to install mod oxide with the program filezilla?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Download, extract, upload, done.

18. JMJ

JMJ

That was indeed it. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Still pretty new to all this and that didnt even cross my mind lol.

19. no work
    not connected whit green
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493224057][/DOUBLEPOST]
    wulf you can help me? i have send all information for rusty and no work....

20. JMJ

JMJ

To my knowledge, Rusty has not worked since the switch to web rcon. I would suggest rcon:io. I think for now there is a way to use the old rcon but I am not sure of how.