1. Are you not running the server from your home pc if yes then just put it into the console

2. Which is F1 when you're in game? If so, I did that though, but received no confirmation message or anything after inputting ownerid steamID64 name and then server.writecfg. Afterwhich I logged out and logged back in as I've read you're supposed to do.

My name does have parenthesis. Could that be causing the problem? Ex.: Needjah Niko (N0X)
    Does all that need to be contained within quotes and the parenthesis removed?

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If the server is running on Windows, then it'd be the actual console of the server, not F1. You can't use anything in F1 as admin until you are actually admin.

4. Wulf, how do I logout from rcon? is there a command?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Close the RCON client or disconnect it.

6. Pardon my ignorance (I've never touched Rust before this), but when you say 'console of the server' what is that exactly?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

When starting the server locally, it'd be the black box that comes up with text.

8. how? im running the server locally and set my id to owner, i want to toogle rcon off

9. The bat file/console is rcon you dont need to run any other rcon program

10. Sorry I don't understand, the bat file is to open the server right? if the server is on and I want to logout from rcon how do I do it?

11. You are not logged into rcon if you are only using the bat file if you are using a rcon program like rustadmin or rust closing it is all you need but not sure why you want to?

12. If anyone sees this, i need help, i did the "ownerid 7636362628474 (my name), and it didnt work, it says that im a owner of the server and everything, but i cant use the f1 item menu, or noclip og godmode or anything, ive been romoving myself as owner, added me back, added me as moderator, but it doesnt work, what should i do

13. Follow these steps by the book
    in rcon type
    ownerid steamid64 "player name" "Owner"
    then server.writecfg
    then relog if in game

14. I want to play as a non admin player, but im running the server locally from the bat file. Is there a way to toggle admin status on and off?

15. remove your admin or look for a plugin
    removeowner steamid64
    server.writecfg
    relog

16. HI

how do add my buddy admin ?

17. To add another person as an admin just do it the same way as you added yourself

18. Hi

Question About Owner/Moderator when i type in chat my tag is [Player] SpenkymenGaming how to change to [Owner] SpenkymenGaming any one that can help me out :)

19. Are you using betterchat if so you need to check over that topic starting from the last page until you find your answer and I have answered it many times

20. Thanks :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1491515178][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes im using BetterChat thanks for you help :)