Whitelist

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,808 - First Release: May 25, 2016 - Last Update: Oct 25, 2016

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

2. Ah, thank you very much!

3. Someone, not whitelisted, logged into my server today while i was playing with my other account (not admin account). Have you heard about it before? This guy just passed through the plugin!

I didn't open the server yet, i'm setting things up first (like having only whitelisted players)... but now i'm concerned about server security. I don't know if you will be able to help me, but i have to let you know about it though.

(Obs. I'm sure that the plugin is working, cause other players couldn't join the server.)

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you grant the permission to a group? Are you sure you're on the latest Oxide build?

5. There is no group in the server yet, cause it is not open. I'm setting things up before. My oxide is version 2.0.3662

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update Oxide: Release build changes | Page 14 | Oxide

7. Oh boy, sry for that! I thought it was updated, cause i did it yesterday...you are so fast!

My bad and thank you!

8. Sorry to be completely stupid, never done anything with servers before. I'm renting a server on nitrado, installed oxide and some other plugins, all good and well everything works. I install this plugin along with updating the whitelist with everyones ID's and suddenly no one can enter the server, whenever we try we get the whole "you're not on the whitelist" deal. I use FTP to try add myself to the whitelist but didn't work, i restart the server and it removes my ID from the config. That being said, i also tried the steamgroups plugin and also wont work for us. If you could be so kind and forgive my stupidity...Could you put it in really stupid terms, exactly what to put in the whitelist file and how to get the steamgroups working?

this is what my whitelist.json says, what should it look like if i was to add a steam ID manually? :(
    {
    "Admin Excluded (true/false)": true,
    "Reset On Restart (true/false)": false
    }
    Thanks for your patience, i have serious issues understanding this stuff and couldn't find anyone showing 'exactly' what to put... x_x

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you grant them the permission to be whitelisted?

10. I can't actually get onto the server to whitelist anyone because i'm not on the whitelist. I can't manually add myself or anyone to the whitelist.json because i either do it wrong or it needs a server restart and restarting the server resets the whitelist.json information to default. :(

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

RCON or server console can be used to grant the permission required. There is no .json to edit for the whitelisting.

12. I can't get Rcon to work, it just shows the green square to say it is connected but says 'not connected' next to it and as far as i'm aware, there is no server console on nitrado for rust. :<

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Make sure you've set an RCON password and are using a compatible RCON client. Most Rust RCON clients use Rust's new RCON web sockets protocol, so if you are setting rcon.web to 0, then you'd need to change it to 1.

14. As far as i can tell everything is set up right, I'm using the Rusty Rcon, i copy and paste all the rcon data from nitrado to Rcon as to make sure nothing is being typed wrong.

15. Do i input the whitelist.allowed command in my console or in the whitelist.cs file?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

whitelist.allowed is a permission, not a command. See the Guides & Tips forum section for how to use the permissions system.

17. Hi Wulf. First off, awesome plugin! Thanks for writing it.

Second, I'm sort of trying to whitelist a player but doing these:

grant 1234566 whitelist.allowed
    grant steamname whitelist.allowed
    grant id|steamname whitelist.allow

But none of the above work. When I try to log in it says you aren't whitelisted.

I looked through the code and by all means it should work. Do I have to restart the server after I grant a permission? (I'm trying that now.)

Thanks!

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

oxide.grant

19. Yo. :)

Doesn't work. If I try that, it says:

oxide.grant skarlso777 whitelist.allow

Usage: grant

Also:

oxide.show user skarlso777

Player 'skarlso777 (76561198016754518)' permissions: No permissions currently granted Player 'skarlso777 (76561198016754518)' groups: default

Apparently, I don't have whitelist.allow :/

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

How di you use the command exactly? Because using just "oxide.grant" without arguments won't work.

Ex. oxide.grant user skarlso777 whitelist.allow