Whitelist

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,808 - First Release: May 25, 2016 - Last Update: Oct 25, 2016

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf submitted a new resource:

Whitelist - Restricts server access to whitelisted players and Steam group members

Read more about this resource...

2. Wulf, maybe a bit of a n00b question here, but I am correct in assuming (from a clean install of oxide) to whitelist a server you'd do the following:

Add moderatorid's of people
    Add moderators to group admin
    Give group admin whitelist.allowed permission

This would then theoretically add them to the whitelist. yus?

Yes, it's been a while since I set one up #rusty

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You have a few options:
    1. Invite them to your Steam group and add that group name to the config.

2. Users in the "admin" group are automatically excluded, this means "owners" from Rust. You do not need to grant the admin group the permission if you use the default "AdminExcluded" setting in the config.

3. Grant the "whitelist.allowed" permission to any other group or individual user by Steam ID if you want them to have access.

4. Ok, so all "admin" group members are automatically whitelisted. Got ya - thanks matey.

I also have some things I'd like to discuss with you in the very near furture - uber bragging rights for you if you're interested with regards to mods ;)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464218483][/DOUBLEPOST]After multiple attempts, I can't get it to play ball at all with all 3 variations of adding whitelist.allowed
    Confuddled.com :/

5. What should my whitelist file look like exactly? Damned if I can get this.
    I have
    playerName|ID whitelist.allowed
    Does not let them on the server.
    What am I missing here? I just need to add this info r to the whitelist.json file?
    Cheers

6. in the console:
    grant user "playerName" or SteamID whitelist.allowed

7. not sure how to edit this i got my steam group web address in there and i'm trying to get it so only people that are in my steam group can join no one else can you help me on this please and thanks
    my group name is like this "SteamGroup": "HostileForestTakeOver"
    but in my group up top it looks like this Hostile Forest Take Over
    so spaces no spaces not sure?
    this is for the forest

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2016
  8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You shouldn't be editing the plugin itself, that's why I removed it from the posts. ;)

The config is all that needs to be edited, but I don't think The Forest has the hook for this one to work yet.

9. ahh i thought i put it up lol ok so i don't edit the .cs file only the .json file and how would i know if the game has the hook or not to use this ?

i'm just trying to set the game up for all my friends and no one else u know

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Well, The Forest isn't as finished as the rest, so it's missing a bit yet. I'll try to get them added soon though.

11. ok thanks i will just leave the plugin in should not hurt it and when its working then i will replace the file when its updated lol thanks again
    do u know of anything else i can use for forest to whitelist friends only

12. is there a time frame on that or when ever you get to it im just asking lol

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

When I get a chance. ;) It's not the only thing I'm working on, I'll try to get to it ASAP though.

14. Wulf is it possible to add a piece of code to see who tries to connect within ingame chat ?
    For example

Wulf tries to connect but is not whitelisted.

If yes and if i have your approval to edit the code for my own purpose.
    could you pm me this piece of code or if anyone else wants the same put it down here ?

Thanks in advance (Y)

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I can add an option for that, sure.

16. Whitelist working fine thus far, I like it very much. I'd also like that option to see who tries to join in the chat.
    My own issue is similar to bigfoot129012's - I want to manage the whitelist via my Steam group and I'm not sure I have entered the name correctly (I am editing the .json file and it's for my Rust server, so all good there).
    When the actual name for example is "Rust@Uthgard" and the URL is "Steam Community :: Group :: Rust@Uthgard", do I enter "rust@uthgard" or "rust-uthgard"? Is it case-sensitive? Does it actually work at this point? I feel like I have tried every way to write my group's name.

Even more importantly (kinda) I do want to say that I really appreciate what you're doing around here and for the Rust community overall! You're doing a great job explaining things and the site as well as Oxide itself are awesome.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd use Rust-Uthgard, shouldn't be case-sensitive though.

What it would pull from: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Rust-Uthgard/memberslistxml/?xml=1

18. is it working for the forest now to or no lol ?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not yet, I'll try to get to it tomorrow though, busy busy last week.

20. does it work for forest yet? just checking in