Weapon Damage Scaler

Allows scaling of player damage per weapon/ammo/skin/prefab

Total Downloads: 1,411 - First Release: Jan 3, 2016 - Last Update: Dec 4, 2017

5/5, 8 likes
  1. This plugin is insanely important to me, and useful as hell, but there's a single problem:

It sometimes fails to change damage values. In particular, the LR300 the way I have it set right now, is supposed to one-hit headshot naked heads, yet every once in a while, that is, every third or so headshot it fails to amplify the damage and does the standard 60.

I know it's been a while since you've modified this plugin, but I literally cannot fulfill the premise of my server without a fix.

2. Not sure what would cause it to only work some of the time. Are you sure it's actually hitting the head and not the jaw (which also makes the headshot noise if I remember right)? And if it is hitting the latter, have you not scaled it as well?

I have a local version of this plugin that has been updated a lot, but I haven't rushed to release it since the demand isn't too high. I'll try to polish it up and see if I can release it sometime soon.

3. The combatlog doesn't seem to display the jaw even if I hit it, but this does seem to be a pretty solid hypothesis.

I just tested it, and despite the combatlog not showing the bodypart I hit as a jaw, thus far it seems to be consistent now that I set the same damage multiplier for the jaw, as well.

Thanks for the swift response! Your plugin was an absolute lifesaver for my project, since I'm doing a complete Rust balance overhaul.

rottenhuman_ (@rottenhuman_) | Twitter

If you're at all interested in the project, or would like to play on the server once it's up - I won't mind if you add custom bleeding values for all weapons to help balance out primitive vs endgame :D

4. Ooh, rottenhuman from reddit. I've always enjoyed your posts and I'm glad to see you've found some use in my plugin! Your project looks interesting, and I'll definitely keep following it. Once it's up, and if I have time, I may check it out, too. ;)

5. Oh my, I feel like a star :p

6. @Shady757 Any update on fix for "PlayersOnly": true config option? Damage changes still affecting animals, with reduced damage makes killing animals harder LOL, also seems to affect hitting barrels as well, I will gladly send donation your way for a fix :) :D

7. Hi Togoshige, sorry about the slow progress. I've been quite busy in real life for the past month or so, but I have managed to get a bit of work done. If you'd like, I can send you a testing version that should fix your issue and allow for more configuration. Let me know, and if you do, I'll PM you with it (and a rough list of changes). Oh yeah, and only donate if you feel like it. You don't need to donate for progress, promise! ;)

8. @Shady757 No worries, take your time! Im glad to even have ability modify damages of weapons :D

Ill gladly test your latest code if you need a test subject >.>

And I enjoy rewarding developers, you guys should all be rewarded for your hard work!

9. how do you set it up for only selected players? or admins?

10. This version does not currently have that feature, but the (hopefully soon) update uses permissions, so you can grant it to everyone or only selective users/groups.

11. oh ok cool I will keep checking for the update :)

12. Shady757 updated Weapon Damage Scaler with a new update entry:

13. how can i increae Gun power? no work..
    setscale pistol.m92 5 and weapondamagescaler.json 8.0
    no change

14. Hi there,
    everytime i edit the "damagescaler_data.json" the server reset it to standard.
    No matter how I do it. (shutdown....edit...upload....start...)
    Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

15. Shady757 updated Weapon Damage Scaler with a new update entry:

16. The update should solve this issue. If not, let me know.

17. Thanks, but it doesn't work for me :(

18. Really? Your datafile still gets reset after every reload? Could you try just using the in-game or console commands to change it, and then unload the plugin and see if it saves to the datafile correctly? The plugin will save it after every unload, so if you're editing it while the plugin is loaded and then reload it, it will just be overwritten.

19. Now i try it again with a full new installation of the plugin (delete all files) and copy the edited damagescaler_data.json to the stopped server and......
    yay, it works :) :) :)
    Thank you
    But...is it possible that it doesnt work on NPCs like NPCPlayerApex and NPCMurderer?

20. You may need to scale them by prefab name. I think it's "scientist" and "murderer", right? So for example:
    Code:
    /setscale "Assault Rifle" 2 murderer
    should work to make it 2x damage against murderers. :)