Weapon Damage Scaler

Allows scaling of player damage per weapon/ammo/skin/prefab

Total Downloads: 1,411 - First Release: Jan 3, 2016 - Last Update: Dec 4, 2017

5/5, 8 likes
  1. only reason it works on wood doors is that they are considered a bone. I need this on stone walls etc. :(

2. If the minimum i can scale an item is .001 and 1.0 is vanilla/neutral. What the max i can scale an item?

3. I guess the technical max would be the maximum value of a float. There's not much of a limit.

4. I'm trying to understand the range of how much i should scale it up. So say I wanted to make an ammo 5x stronger. Could you show me an example of that?

Great plugin BTW and thanks Shady for all your help.

5. A scale/value of 5 would scale the damage by 5 times, for example, if you're using an AK and a HV round does ~40 damage to the chest, if you set the value to "5", it would be scaled up 5 times that amount.

6. Add the permission for use.

7. Is it possible to increase scale on Structures, but NOT players for AMMO types? I get how to increase Ammo damage overall (and set the config file to playersonly=false), but I only want it applied to structures, not players.

If I do /setscale "Explosive 5.56 Rifle Ammo" 2.0 does it do double damage to players too?

8. Explosive ammo is handled a little different. The actual "bullet" part that hits will scale, but the explosion from it doesn't get scaled, if I remember right.

Currently, there's no way to make it only scale to structures, but I'll see if it's a feature I can add in the future.

9. Ok cool thanks.. I figured out my earlier issue too.. (edit!)

10. FTM

FTM

So if I want bolts to instant head shot, what do I set the multiplier to?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1469175627][/DOUBLEPOST]I set it to x100 and it changes nothing

11. I'll have to check and make sure it's still working, the last few updates have changed a few things with projectiles, bones/body parts and damage, so it may not be working fully.

EDIT: I just tested it on a NPC,
    Code:
    /scalebp weapon rifle.bolt head 40
    and it worked.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  12. FTM

FTM

I was using the item name instead of it's library name.

It's working now, thanks.

13. What does "allow auth level" do?

14. If I remember correctly, it allows anyone with auth level (default in config is 2, which is full admin) to use the scale command, if it's disabled, they have to have permission.

15. hey, just wondering what the weapons are currently set at? dont i need to know that to change them? i just want to make them all a bit stronger, nothing to OP and i want to make the fix the shotgun.

16. It's a scalar, so 1.0 is default/no change in damage. 1.2 is, well, 1.2x more damage.

17. ok i thought so but wanted to be sure. thanks!

18. do you know why i got this console message when someone fired a gun?

Lance_DeBrooks[68991/76561198152633070] fired invalid projectile: Integrity is zero (44)
    Lance_DeBrooks[68991/76561198152633070] fired invalid projectile: Integrity is zero (44)
    Lance_DeBrooks[68991/76561198152633070] fired invalid projectile: Integrity is zero (187)

19. As I recall, it's just when the server detects a projectile that it thinks shouldn't exist or something is wrong with it. I know that high ping or lag spikes on the server can cause these to occur, but otherwise, it's server-side projectile verification to prevent cheating. Not really anything to worry about, there's a few posts on the forums somewhere discussing it, couldn't find them to link you, though.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's unrelated to the plugin, if you were wondering/thinking that. ;)