Spectate

Moved

Total Downloads: 4,563 - First Release: Nov 5, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 31, 2017

5/5, 14 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sorry, spectate.use.

2. Anyway to change the view on spectating, so you can see what people are aiming at, instead of seeing through the back of there head, all i can see is facemask and teeth haha

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not sure right now, something I'll have to look into.

4. the plugin is great, just it seems block most of the view with it being directly behind the head, forcing you to see a bucket helm, and teeth lol

5. awesome plugin, any latest news on the 1st person POV? we are dealing with multiple complaints of hackers. and we are lost on what to do. as we cannot confirm a hacker. unless he flys/clips. we cannot seem to find any good plugins to help us out. but spectate has been the only thing that kinda helps. but 1st person POV would be a life saver.

thanks.

6. I use Vanish for Rust | Oxide then just tp to them and flying helps so you can clip through walls while watching them

7. yeah we use vanish also. its perfect for spotting flying/clipping, but 9/10 reports we receive is either. no recoil. aimbot/triggerbot.. which is a pain for us.. cause we cannot view a pov of the player.

people are getting kicked for antihack. but 9/10 could be lag.

8. when i try /spectate "Jambek" it say no valid no valid spectate targer my frend has no clan tagg and i on the server some can help me out here :)

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If it says it is invalid, that means it couldn't find someone's name that starts with that exact string. Try with less letters, and keep in mind that it is case-sensitive.

10. Yeah I'm having the exact same problem as above. Only started to happen when oxide updated recently...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Never mind sorry, didn't realize had to incorporate the 'clans' plugin clantag in front of there name also.

Keep up the good work, love your plugins!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2016
  11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most plugins that add tags actually rename the player to include that, so it'd be part of their name.

12. Hi Wulf, love your plugins but having some issues (I guess since last update) I am unable to use /spectate and /vanish from the chatbox as I have been previous. Using the console I was able to spectate a player, but now unable to stop spectating them (I used /spectate before in the chat box) I have tried reload Vanish and reload Spectate, I would love to get back to being able to use /vanish and /spectate, any ideas what happened and/or how to fix it please ?

Thanks in advance

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are admin with Rust, you can't use this plugin fully; instead use Rust's native spectating. With Vanish, please use its support thread. Nothing has changed though that would affect either of these plugins.

14. PS: Using spectate in the console not only prevents me stopping spectating, but I noticed I die each time I spectate also, really miss using your plugins

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah, that's how Rust handles it.

16. They were both working perfect until I steam updated the server, I have checked the plugins are still there but I was using both /vanish /spectate perfect before, i'll try reinstalling them when there are no players online and see if that helps, have a wonderful xmas Wulf

17. Wulf. There seems to be a bug with the spectate plugin. Can't spectate players who are in the same clan. Whenever I try it always sends me to the first clan player in the player list. Not sure its a bug but you must also type the users name with their clan tags otherwise it says no valid targets.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you putting quotation marks around the player's name when using the command?

19. No not putting quote marks. Do I need too?

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If there are spaces in their name, you should be using quotations around it.