Spectate

Moved

Total Downloads: 4,562 - First Release: Nov 5, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 31, 2017

5/5, 14 likes
  1. Ok thanks. I will try that.

2. I can't spectate myself. Doesnt matter if i type /spectate name or /spectate "name" i get message No valid spectate targets! I got permission of course.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Why would you spectate yourself? This isn't an overhead view.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Spectate with a new update entry:

5. I gave myself permission and i keep getting unknown command.

6. throwing errors up since updateon plugin
    Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (TargetException: Object does not match target type.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2017
  7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

"Unknown command" generally implies that the plugin is not loaded. Check your oxide/logs for errors.

Were you already spectating when you updated the plugin?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  8. i unloaded the prev version added the new one and did oxide.reload * then went in game and /adm and when i click on spec it gave me those errors in rcon when i tryed to spec a player

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please try with just this plugin, not through another. I can't account for what other plugins do.

10. Code:
    [01/25/2017 01:07:27] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (TargetException: Object does not match target type.)
    [01/25/2017 01:07:37] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    [01/25/2017 01:07:54] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (TargetException: Object does not match target type.)
    [01/25/2017 01:08:00] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    [01/25/2017 01:08:29] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (TargetException: Object does not match target type.)
    [01/25/2017 01:45:45] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    [01/25/2017 01:46:02] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (TargetException: Object does not match target type.)
    [01/25/2017 01:58:49] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (TargetException: Object does not match target type.)
    [01/25/2017 01:59:43] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    [01/25/2017 02:01:59] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (TargetException: Object does not match target type.)
    [01/25/2017 02:06:34] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    [01/25/2017 02:38:20] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (TargetException: Object does not match target type.)
    [01/25/2017 02:38:31] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    [01/25/2017 03:00:16] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (TargetException: Object does not match target type.)
    [01/25/2017 03:04:13] Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you using the plugin directly or through another plugin?

12. directly, i type /spectate name and it says unknown command, the last spectate version worked but when i updated the plugin it started giving me the unknown command.

13. im using it via admin menu /adm its always worked via it sorry forgot to mention that

14. Hi
    I removed the Old spectate and installed the new one
    > load Spectate
    Loaded plugin Spectate v0.3.0 by Wulf/lukespragg

but when i do /spectate id all it says is unknown command: spectate
    and in rcon it says
    Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (TargetException: Object does not match target type.)
    Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'e already fixed those issues, just trying to resolve one other issue that I forgot about.

16. Wulf,
    Did a little testing for you. I unloaded the current version of spectate I had with oxide.unload Spectate, then ftp'd in and then updated to the latest. The first thing I noticed is that no config file is created once the new version is loaded with oxide.load Spectate. Secondly when you type spectate you receive the unknown command: spectate. Looking in console it gives the error: Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.). That is running the plugin directly. If I use AdminMenu the error changes to:Failed to run command 'spectate' on plugin 'Spectate v0.3.0' (TargetException: Object does not match target type.)

So as of now I cannot get the plugin to run. Those are the only two errors received when attempting to use the plugin directly or thru AdminMenu.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There is no config file, and hasn't been one. The other issues are fixed locally as I mentioned above.

18. Sorry. When you mean locally, you mean you fixed them but haven't released it why you work on the last issue?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Trying to fix players falling through the ground when they stop spectating.

20. oh ok. Yeah that happens also.