Spectate

Moved

Total Downloads: 4,562 - First Release: Nov 5, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 31, 2017

5/5, 14 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Spectate with a new update entry:

2. It works now, but whenever i exit spectate i get stuck in third person and i can't f3 out of it.

Edit: Like literally im stuck in third person, no matter if i kill myself, i also disconnected and connected back to the server and tried f3 and nothing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2017
  3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Spectate with a new update entry:

4. Works now, tyvm, much appreciated.

5. Anyone else having the issue where your own weapons are floating above the spectated player after the lastest update just realeased?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They should be hidden when going into the mode. Do you have a screenshot?

7. Yes i see them as well, but i don't mind. :) it just happens in spectate third person view.

this is what it looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/nZrxXk2.jpg

8. Yep only seems to do it if you spectate while in 3rd person. In first person the weapons are hidden.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not sure why it's doing that, but I'll see if I can figure it out later today.

10. (06:25:12) | Unloaded plugin Spectate v0.4.1 by Wulf/lukespragg

(06:25:12) | Loaded plugin Spectate v0.4.1 by Wulf/lukespragg

(06:25:32) | Permission 'Spectate' doesn't exist

(06:25:56) | Permission 'Spectate' doesn't exist

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There is not "spectate" permission. The permissions are listed on the Overview.

12. Since i have installed "spectate" im seeing third person on my feet, idk why. i've already uninstalled it but its still broken

Attached Files:

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Does F3 work for you?

14. Yes it does, thats third person camera right there in the image. other cameras work fine, just third person is the problem

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you disconnect after you used /spectate the first time?

16. When you end spectating could you return automatically to first person?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There isn't a way to, Rust is missing a flag to handle that. The best I can do is "eyes mode" which makes the player view bob when you move. So it's either stare at the back of a player's head when spectating... or deal with deal with third-person and having to hit F3 when you stop spectating.

18. Okay, cheers for the response.

19. Lots of time, spectate plugin is not even running on the server now!

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Okay, so you did disconnect after using /spectate, not existing spectate mode first? I'm asking because I believe that was the cause, with it not resetting your camera offset when you reconnected because I didn't account for that.